And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

twilsemail

First Post
The small creature hiding to the north lashes out with wicked claws, but these glace off of Fred’s armor and force of will. Surprisingly it remains visible after the attack.

Kaz again attacks the small blue thing and again it sounds more like the cry of a human child than the hideous monster the part sees before them. The creature scrambles away, as it does so it tries to assault him again with fae magicks. The effort is for naught and Kaz remains on his feet. He does see that the thing has scrambled across the bridge and hides behind the safety of his larger friend.

Fred reaches the Red Cap and lands a hefty blow with his warhammer. It staggers back and shakes its head to gather its senses. With a wicked grin it points at Kaz and calls out. “Please, come join the fun.” Thorned vines erupt from beneath Kaz clothing and twist about his limbs. He can feel them pull him towards the Red Cap.

Scarm calls arcane fire to rain down on the crocodile, and rain it does, but the beast sinks again beneath the concealing filth that flows down the channel and is barely marked. When it surfaces, the stuff surrounding it is aflame and Scarm is there, waiting. The small blade doesn’t bite deep, but it bites just where it needs to in order to drive the beast back. It hisses as it scrambles away from the avian avenger.

Eithal’s vines fail to find purchase on the croc. Possibly because Yishim’s magic has rooted it so firmly in place on the walkway’s edge.

GM: @Xeterog ; the Croc does not make an opportunity attack, however, the “hidden” creature does.

H.M. The source of the blue creature’s invisibility would require a Monster Knowledge check (Arcana).

I will endeavor, in the future, to put out mid-round updates. My home machine (actually ShadRS’s home machine) is fried. I’m working on fixing that problem. It’s been a rough month.

The enemy defenses have been updated to reflect their actual defenses.

Keep in mind when making perception checks, there are three enemies on the board that affect skill checks. The way passive perception is written, this would also affect your passive perception.

[sblock=Dekana]While Toeto cannot put her finger on it, there’s just something not right about this beast. Whatever the Croc is, it’s not of this world.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 24]The Southern Blue Guy is in L8[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
OA vs. Fred misses

Blue/Green:
Shift to L18
Minor: Miss with Slip Up
Standard: Move to I18

Blue Guy South:
Standard: Claw Eithal; 25 vs. AC for 9 damage
Move: the little blue guy shifts around and attempts to hide. Total concealment from Invisibility.

Blue Guy North:
Standard: Ready an action; Claw anyone that enters reach

Croc:
Standard: Ready an action; Bite anyone that enters reach

Red Cap:
Move: Shift to I16
Standard: Mark of Thorns on Kaz (Close burst power)
Kaz cannot make Opportunity attacks against the Red Capped Fae. At the end of any turn in which Kaz does not attack the Red Cap, he takes 4 damage. In addition, at the start of each of Kaz’s turns, each ally adjacent to Kaz takes 4 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto: 53/53
Eithal:50/78
Kaz: 58/58
Yishim: 41/41
Fredrock: 64/64; DR7 UENT
Scarm: 49/49

Croc: 51 and immobilized; readied action
Small Blue GuyN: immobilized; readied action
Small Blue GuyS: 18
Small Blue/Green guy: 36, Bloodied
Red Cap: 17

There is a zone around K8/M10. Enemies take 2 fire damage for leaving the zone.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemy stats]
Croc
AC 26 | F 27 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 2, +15 vs AC, 2d8+4 damage and the target is grabbed.

Small blue guy
AC 21 | F 18 | R 21 | W 18
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 Penalty to skill checks.
MBA: Claw, +12 vs AC, 2d6+4 damage and if the target moves away before the end of its next turn it falls prone.

Small blue/green guy
AC 19 | F 16 | R 18 | W 17
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 penalty to skill checks
MBA: Claw, +10 vs AC, 2d6+6 damage.

Red Cap
AC 22 | F 18 | R 17 | W 19
MBA: Short Sword, +13 vs AC, 1d6+3 damage and Ongoing 5 (save ends). [/sblock]

Non-fluffy combat results:
Scarm:Misses with Blazing starfall
Toeto: Misses croc
Fred: Hit's red cap
Eithal: doesn't need an escape attempt as the Croc's been pushed well out of reach.

I'm working on the fluffy bits now. Also, a map.

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
GM: In trying to make things go a bit quicker, I've posted the defenses for the monsters. I'll do that from now on as well.

Assume that anything capable of making an Opportunity Attack will if they are presented with said Opportunity.

Defenders, do you generally prefer to have your mark respected or triggered. We've got guys at our table that fit in either camp, so I'm often on my toes how to please them.

I'll be away for a few hours catching up on actual work now that I've got this up.

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: As for marks, I'm ok with anything there..what ever makes sense for the creature to do depending on the Situation and creature. Always doing one or the other seems limiting as well :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Defenders, do you generally prefer to have your mark respected or triggered. We've got guys at our table that fit in either camp, so I'm often on my toes how to please them.

OOC: I generally give each monster a tactics summary to make combats go quickly and consistently, then there's less of me deciding and more figuring out what the monster would do.

For marks, my general rule is mindless things attack whatever's closest, though they'll prefer a marked target over a non-marked distance being equal.

Animals depends on the animal, often ignoring a mark until they get pain because of it.

For smarter creatures, there's a cost-benefit analysis depending on how much hurt they can inflict and how hurt they are.

My 2cp.

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: Fredrock uses Blurred step to shift next to the Red Cap. (does not seem that his mark of thorns is an attack, so my mark on him does not trigger I believe).

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz smiles at the monster's taunts but pays no heed. Once he has vowed to destroy his prey nothing could stop him. With this conviction, he leaps over the water channel popping the strange creature up into the air with his axe and stepping back. The beast lands in the spot Kaz previously occupied.
[sblock=actions]
Minor Perception check = 19
Move: I19 through water (athletics check needed? 13)
Standard: Overwhelming Strike on blus/green 23 vs AC 17+6 (forgot the censure of pursuit damage)=23 damage. Kaz shifts to I20 and the blue/green is slid to I19.[/sblock]

[sblock=statblock]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 6,
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 25, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low Light
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:21
HP: 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Soul Seeker
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Unsure of where the horrible blue creature went, Toeto steps backwards to get behind Scarm. Sprout, on the other hand, continues the drive against his much larger cousin. He snaps at the croc ineffectively, as with his previous pitiful attacks. No wonder the giant croc has been ignoring him so far.

[sblock=Stat block/Actions]Move: Toeto shifts to I4 and Sprout moves to J8. If the croc takes its readied action and disperses Sprout (deals 13 or more damage), then...

Minor: Call Spirit Companion in J8.

Standard: Certain Threat vs Giant Croc misses. I guess it's not so certain! (1d20+9=13;2d6+5=15)

PC:Toeto (Dekana) - L4W Wiki - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 6
Initiative +5, Senses: Insight +7, Perception +12; low-light vision
HP 53/53 (or 45 if Sprout was dispersed); Bloodied 26, Surge Value 13, Surges 10/10
AC 22; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 19
Speed 5
Action Points 1

Conditions

Powers
Spirit's Shield, OA through Sprout: +9 vs Ref, 4 damage, effect: one ally within 5 squares of the SC gains 7 hp (10 if adjacent to the SC).
Call Spirit Companion, Imposter's Finemail, Protecting Strike, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike, Sudden Restoration
Healing Word, Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood, Wind of Pain and Succor

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.
Boon: When Toeto summons Sprout, enemies adjacent to her take 1 radiant damage and allies adjacent to Sprout gain 1 THP.

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 13 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 8 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases