And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: This afternoon I'm heading into the woods to whack people with sticks for a few days. It's remarkably good for stress relief. It's remarkably bad for Internet access. Just an FYI for you guys.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: This afternoon I'm heading into the woods to whack people with sticks for a few days.
OOC: !?!?
Eithal breaks free from the crocodile's jaws and steps aside, "Come anih closah an' Ah'll slahse yowah hayed owff!" She swings at the crocodie menacingly to discourage further attacks. [sblock=Actions]Move: Escape Success! (see below)
Standard: Thorn Strike
Target: Crocodile
Attack: Miss (see below)

[/sblock][sblock=Eithal's Ministats]Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 7
Initiative: +3
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 13; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 21; Fort: 21; Reflex: 15; Will: 17
HP: 48/78
Surge Value: 19; Surges left: 11/13
Action Points:0

At Will Powers:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Winds link 1d20+13 vs AC
Hit: 1d12+7 and Eithal pulls each enemy within 3 squares of her 2 squares.

:melee: Relentless Panther Attack link 1d20+13 vs Reflex
Hit: 2d12+7 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)

Miss:
Half damage, and ongoing 2 damage (save ends).

Effect: Before the attack, Eithal shifts her speed

:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link 1d20+13 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12+7 damage, and the target cannot shift until the end of your next turn.

Mountain Hammer link 1d20+13 vs AC
Hit: 2d12+7 damage and the target takes a -5(Earthstrength) penalty to melee attack rolls until the end of Eithal's next turn

Stone's Endurance link
Effect: Eithal gains resist 5 to all damage until the end of her next turn

Warden's Tempest link
Effect: Eithal Slides the target 1 square

Second Wind

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link
+2 bonus to Reflex and a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies marked by Eithal.

In addition, she can shift 2 squares as a move action.

Special: Once during this encounter, Eithal can use the Form of the Relentless Panther Attack power while she is in the form of the Relentless Panther.

Storm Strike link 1d20+13 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12+7 Lightning damage and Eithal slides the target 3 squares

Miss:
Half damage and Eithal slides the target 1 square

Bear's Endurance link
Trigger: Eithal drops to 0 hitpoints or fewer

Effect:
Eithal regains hitpoints as if she has spent a healing surge

Feats:
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn.

Courage of the Lone Stag: When you mark three or more enemies with Nature’s Wrath, you gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures you mark until the start of your next turn. This bonus increases to +3 at 11th level, and to +4 at 21st level.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Yishim murmurs a short incantation producing a burst of ice around the blue creatures, but it seems to have no effect.

[sblock=actions]Move: L3

Standard: Yishim freezing burst vs Ref (+CA), blue guy N; blue guy S; damage
5(1d20) +11 +2 = 18; 3(1d20) +11 +2 = 16; 5(1d6) +7 = 12
... no, I don't roll any better.[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 6
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 20
AC:22, Fort:15, Reflex:20, Will:19, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +7
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Notable Feats: Action Surge, Phantom Echoes, Enlarge Spell
Powers: Freezing Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Levitate, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon (19-20 Crit Range vs. Undead, does not draw OAs from Undead and passes through thier squares as allies)
PC:Yishim (ronakshah2000) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

OOC: Thanks Mewness, I just landed back in the US, so should be good running Yishim in the next round. We were in Oslo just a couple hours after the car bomb, so wounds up being a freaky last day of our trip.

twilsemail

First Post
GM: Turn complete, Map incoming.

@Xeterog , @Dekana , @H.M.Gimlord , OAs are waiting for you if you want them. In the mean time I'm going to go look at the OA/Spirit Companion interactions. I'm up to speed now.

The northern blue guy moves towards Fred and disappears as he does so. He's soon followed by the second of the two. Both lash out blindly with their claws, seeking the thing that has taunted them with his brain. Though they cannot see, the beacon that Fred has become guides their claws away from his allies and directly to him. Several blows land, though none too traumatic.

The Crocodile snaps it jaws at Fred unable to even recognize the others in the area for the moment. The Croc's teeth clamp down hard on the unlucky Dwarf. The wound is worsened by the Croc attempting a death roll. The maneuver has no apparent affect other than moving the croc and exposing its belly to those near it.

The Red Cap snarls and clutches his head. "No! No! I want the other one." With a snarl he squeezes his cap, draining some of the blood onto the blade and lunges for Fred missing widely.

[sblock=actions]
NBG:
Move: Move to H7 (No OAs due to Invisibility)
Standard: Claw vs Fred (-5 due to blinded): Miss

SBG:
Move: Move to I7 (No OAs due to Invisibility)
Standard: Claw vs Fred (-5 due to blinded): Miss

Crocodile:
Standard: Bite Fred Hit for 16 damage and Fred is grabbed
Move to J7/K8 (Provoking OAs from Eithal, Sprout/Toeto and Fred).

Red Cap:
Minor: Drowsing Puncture
Standard: Short Sword vs. Fred: Miss drowsing puncture is expended.
[/sblock]

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto: 53/53
Eithal: 48/78
Kaz: 36/58
Yishim: 41/41
Fredrock: 48/64, Bloodied, Grabbed
Scarm: 39/49

Croc: 78, Marked by Fred,
Small Blue GuyN: 40, Marked by Fred, Bloodied
Small Blue GuyS: 46, Marked by Fred, Bloodied
Small Blue/Green guy: Dead
Red Cap: 47, Marked by Fred, Bloodied
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Croc
AC 26 | F 27 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 2, +15 vs AC, 2d8+4 damage and the target is grabbed.

Small blue guy
AC 21 | F 18 | R 21 | W 18
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 Penalty to skill checks.
MBA: Claw, +12 vs AC, 2d6+4 damage and if the target moves away before the end of its next turn it falls prone.

Small blue/green guy
AC 19 | F 16 | R 18 | W 17
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 penalty to skill checks
MBA: Claw, +10 vs AC, 2d6+6 damage.

Red Cap
AC 22 | F 18 | R 17 | W 19
MBA: Short Sword, +13 vs AC, 1d6+3 damage and Ongoing 5 (save ends). [/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: couple of notes: you show the -5 for being blinded on the attacks on fred, but used +9...is'nt 12-5 +7. I can only assume this is due to combat advantage in some way..however
Blinkded
While a creature is blinded, it can’t see, which means its targets have total concealment against it, and it takes a -10 penalty to Perception checks. It also grants combat advantage and can’t flank.
Also being grabbed just immobilizes you, does not make you grant combat advantage.
That would make both of those attack miss.
oops, they are invisible..so I can't see them and grant them CA..duh.
If they get CA some other way, and still hit, I have DR4, so will take 4 less damage from each hit. so, the croc does 16, then 15 (11-4=7 and 12-4=8) more from the Blue guys (or none)..so I'm either down to 48/64 or 33/64 hp..either way, I"m not bloodied :)

oh, steadfast boon..I have +1 defenses when next to 2 or more enemies..so when the blue guys attacked, I had AC24..thus the SBG missed, meaning I'm at 40/64 hp.

I'll be doing my actual turn sometime later--since my marks will go away at the end of my turn, ya'll should probably do any moving by these guys before then :)

Fredrock swings at the Croc that is holding him as it moves by, but misses badly.

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
GM: @Xeterog They have CA due to invisibility. There's a parenthetical aside I missed. They missed.

I knew about the grabbed != CA, that's why the Red Cap missed.

Fred has 64 HP on his wiki page. As it stands, he's at 33/64 and still not bloodied.

Dekana

Explorer
Sprout tail-whips the large croc as it attempts to roll the dwarf around. The spirit basilisk misses the crocodile entirely and instead smacks Fredrock in the face. Thankfully the ghost softens the blow at the last moment, and the dwarf only ends up with a dripping wet face as if hit with a sponge.
It's rather refreshing, he can't help but think.

OOC: Spirit's Shield OA misses Reflex 17, but the healing is an Effect. Fredrock regains 10 hp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases