And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Quick question: Eithal missed her escape attempt, but Yishim's forced movement made the croc drop her is that right?

Also, though it really doesn't matter, Warden's Tempest was directed at the blue guy (it appeared that it was directed at the croc from the last update).

twilsemail

First Post
GM: [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]; When Eithal enters I7 the blue guy disappears. She can still attack into H8 or redirect to the Croc. The southern little blue guy is in L8 and will take a swing.

ETA: Also, the Northern SBG had a readied action, which I'll resolve when I know what you're up to.

As Eithal moves away, the invisible irritant swipes at her with his claws (result TBD). As she continues moving, he reappears and smacks his bottom to taunt her further.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As Eithal crosses the bridge, one of the wraithlike creatures materializes and claws a gash in her back. Undeterred, she continues to charge through the sewer, but at the last minute, her quarry vanishes, "OK Pokey!" she simply continues charging, "Tahm foah an allagatah bayag!" She redirects her ire toward the crocodile waiting in the water.
OOC: Eithal will redirect to the crocodile.

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=Enemy actions]
OA from South
Readied action from North
OA from North[/sblock]

GM: I can post a new map, if people like. As Eithal is the last PC to act this turn, I figured it's not likely to be necessary.

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]; if you're not able to return by noon, I'll roll an MBA for Eithal.

As Eithal is charging past the spot the blue bother was a moment ago and about to crash full force into the Croc, invisible claws lash out at her. The claws bite deeply into the backs of her thighs.

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
GM: Rolling Eithal's MBA now. Will update the Combat Status in a tick.
GM:

Nevermind, H.M. already did that for me in a previous post.

Map.

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto: 53/53
Eithal:17/78
Kaz: 58/58
Yishim: 41/41
Fredrock: 64/64
Scarm: 49/49

Croc: 78
Small Blue GuyN: 19
Small Blue GuyS: 18 and Cannot shift UENT
Small Blue/Green guy: 62, Bloodied
Red Cap: 34

There is a zone around F8/H10. Enemies take 2 fire damage for leaving the zone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Croc
AC 26 | F 27 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 2, +15 vs AC, 2d8+4 damage and the target is grabbed.

Small blue guy
AC 21 | F 18 | R 21 | W 18
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 Penalty to skill checks.
MBA: Claw, +12 vs AC, 2d6+4 damage and if the target moves away before the end of its next turn it falls prone.

Small blue/green guy
AC 19 | F 16 | R 18 | W 17
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 penalty to skill checks
MBA: Claw, +10 vs AC, 2d6+6 damage.

Red Cap
AC 22 | F 18 | R 17 | W 19
MBA: Short Sword, +13 vs AC, 1d6+3 damage and Ongoing 5 (save ends). [/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
Cornered between an avenger and a hard place, the smallest of the blue creatures lashes out with surprising ferocity. The hair-curling screams the thing lets out sound nothing like the child it's mimicked thus far. It's hard to see if the blows lande don Kaz or not, but they've certainly left him reeling.

Taking advantage of the distraction, the Red Cap bolts for the young basilisk. His blows meet nothing but air. At least, that's what he thinks happened. He's none too sure what this spirit thing is.

The abandoned creature on the southern ledge sneaks towards Scarmiglione, vanishing from sight as he does. Invisible claws tear into the Kenku's feathered mantle, blood spattering on the stained stones of the sewer.

The lazy-seeming crocodile swishes its tail back and forth slowly before lunging at Eithal. The Goliath is just a bit too quick for him, however. With a gutteral roar that shakes the bricks of the old tunnel it lunges a second time and tightly latches onto Eithal's leg. The attack kicked up quite a bit of "water" and until the mist settles, no one can tell quite what shape Eithal is in.

From the mist, a blurry form rakes at Scarm. Unlike the last time, Scarm is ready for it and matches the beast blow for blow, parrying every cheap shot.

[sblock=enemy actions]
Blue/Green: Claw Kaz; 29 vs AC * 14 damage

Red Cap: Move (Provoking OA from Fred) to J13
Standard: Charge Sprout (J9); 26 vs. AC * Can't do enough damage to matter

Southern blue guy:
Move: K6 (turn invisible)
Standard: Claw attack vs. Scarm; 29 vs. AC * 10 Damage and if Scarm moves away from the creature, he falls prone

Croc:
Standard: Bite Eithal; Miss
AP: Standard: Bite Eithal again; Crit for 20 damage and Eithal is grabbed

Northern Small Blue guy:
Move: Move to I6 (remaining invisible the whole time)
Standard: Claw Scarm; Miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto: 53/53
Eithal: -3/78
Kaz: 40/58
Yishim: 41/41
Fredrock: 64/64
Scarm: 39/49

Croc: 78
Small Blue GuyN: 19
Small Blue GuyS: 18
Small Blue/Green guy: 62, Marked by Fred, Bloodied
Red Cap: 34, Marked by Fred

There is a zone around F8/H10. Enemies take 2 fire damage for leaving the zone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Croc
AC 26 | F 27 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 2, +15 vs AC, 2d8+4 damage and the target is grabbed.

Small blue guy
AC 21 | F 18 | R 21 | W 18
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 Penalty to skill checks.
MBA: Claw, +12 vs AC, 2d6+4 damage and if the target moves away before the end of its next turn it falls prone.

Small blue/green guy
AC 19 | F 16 | R 18 | W 17
Aura 5: Enemies take a -5 penalty to skill checks
MBA: Claw, +10 vs AC, 2d6+6 damage.

Red Cap
AC 22 | F 18 | R 17 | W 19
MBA: Short Sword, +13 vs AC, 1d6+3 damage and Ongoing 5 (save ends). [/sblock]

GM: @H.M.Gimlord ; Do you want to use Bear's Endurance?

@Xeterog ; there's an OA waiting for you if you want it.

Map!

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: looks like it did not matter if you did or not, but both the blue/green guy and the red cap remain marked by me until the end of the encounter, so would have taken a -2 to their attack rolls

Fredrock takes a wild swing at the Red cap as it moves away, but misses

Remove ads