Any GOOD one session aventure?

Oh, and did you have a level range in mind?

(Also, if you can do 2nd edition, you can do 1st. They are almost the same.)

I'd prefer a 1st level adventure, just for the time needed to create characters, though I could pre generate chars of any level and let them choose, so, there's no deal with level

Rhun

First Post
I'd prefer a 1st level adventure, just for the time needed to create characters, though I could pre generate chars of any level and let them choose, so, there's no deal with level

The Sunless Citadel comes to mind. I remember it was a quick one-nighter for my players.

If you've got any copies of Dungeon Magazine, there are scads of good one-session adventures in there.

Jimlock

Adventurer
If you can play 2nd edition, i'd seriously advise you to play THE CREATED.

Its a low level Ravenloft adventure that takes place in a small city.

The plot is incredible. There are some evil puppets who have found a way to swap souls with humans by sticking a needle in their necks. At some points the PCs get trapped by a number of puppets and succumb to their needles!

Next thing, the PCs wake as puppets, caged inside the house of the puppets' creator! This encounter's Big Boss is the house's cat!!!....

Now that their actual bodies are possessed by the souls of the evil puppets, they have to track them down (as puppets!), stick a needle in their necks so as to get their bodies back!!

...a really great adventure... perhaps it's made for a couple of sessions, but i'm sure you 'll find a way to cut it short....

Last edited:

lordxaviar

Explorer
there is the book of lairs I and II, its full of simple one shot encounter/adventures.. they are quite well done... all sorts of locales,

they are 2nd ed but I dont think they would take much to convert... I have that in my list to do.

aboyd

Explorer
A Dark & Stormy Night is a free 3.5 edition adventure on the wizards site. You can Google for it. I liked it. It's really short; it can be completed in 4 or 5 hours. The Burning Plague is another free one @ wizards, 1st level as well, but takes maybe 7 to 9 hours to complete. I like that one more, but maybe it's too lengthy for your one-off?

Necrofumbler

Sorry if I necro some posts by mistake.
The Sunless Citadel comes to mind. I remember it was a quick one-nighter for my players.

If you've got any copies of Dungeon Magazine, there are scads of good one-session adventures in there.

A quick one nighter for a 30 pages module? Breezy !

Remove ads