Tristalt - What would you build?

Jimlock

Adventurer
As a general note...IMHO, a player who pics two or more classes or even PrCs, should do this with RP-Logic in mind...as he should.. even when he picks a single class for the entire campaign ...
Combing classes so as to "close up some holes"... well its not my thing...

Jack Simth

First Post
not even that...
Do note that I said "can", not "will". It depends on who's doing the writing, directing, drawing, acting, and/or special effects... and most importantly, who's judging. The character makes a sufficient quantity of money for his IP owners that I feel confident in saying there's a great many people who think it makes good fiction.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I did not say of a single class character based on their individual parts. Simply a single classed character. I'm not familair with "Warblade" but if it's crazy potent it is because the class itself is . A barbarian would almost certainly rape either a wizard or a Factotum in anA ntimagic field. Whether he would a Warblade I don't know. However, Said barbarian could do significant damage or possibly kill the Warblade/Factotum/Wizard in an Anti Magic field.

No matter how badass you seem to think your character is, the DM will win. Simple as that. If you can create the character, I can create the circumstance or situation that gimps it. Even pun-Pun is not immune to this.

Please don't conclude that a Barbarian would defeat a Warblade//Factotum//Wizard in an anti-magic field if you are unfamiliar with some part of the combination. This is like saying "My daddy can beat up your daddy", because you know that your dadddy is a tough construction worker, without knowing my daddy is a Navy seal.

Removing magic from the equation, Factotum+anything is still a pretty potent combo, because you can grant extra standard actions, boost attack, damage, ignore DR and SR, and take a killing blow and negate it to no damage, all as free actions. Factotum//X is likely to win a duel against most single class builds, as long as X doesn't equal sucky.

Heck, even a wizard withough magic has a flanking buddy with the familiar. That's worth atleast 2 cents.

A Factotum or Wizard, with their high Int score, would know enough to stay out of the Barbarian's Rage range until it wore off, and then deal with him when he's fatigued afterwards =P

Jack Simth

First Post
Heck, even a wizard withough magic has a flanking buddy with the familiar. That's worth atleast 2 cents.
Do note that you'll need Improved Familiar for that, in an AMF, as most familiars are too small to actually threaten on their own.

Of course, if the Wizard thought to craft a Golem or three somewhere along the line, *those* are mostly unaffected by an AMF....

Eman Resu

First Post
Do note that you'll need Improved Familiar for that, in an AMF, as most familiars are too small to actually threaten on their own.

Of course, if the Wizard thought to craft a Golem or three somewhere along the line, *those* are mostly unaffected by an AMF....

Druid/Rogue or scout/barbarian
max ht-p
max saves
wild shape-summon-charge!
max skill pts
and the SA or skirmish to attacks

dwarf / hexblade/Paladin/wilder.....a saving throw junky

so to make this fun, lets create the absolute worst combo possible

Eman Resu

First Post
so to make this fun, lets create the absolute worst combo possible

the fighter/spellthief/monk comb 1st candidate for worst tristalt...I dont know you would have all good saves? The fighter feats could of course be gimbed into worthlessness, spellthief I do believe is in bottom tier of classes, we just need to find away to gimp the saves???

Samurai (the bad version com war?)/ninja/spellthief

fallen paladin/scout with javelin/spellthief?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases