The Tome of Horrors is the Tome of Happiness!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I just picked up the Tome of Horrors. I spent 15 mintues looking in it. During that entire time I alternated between giggling and cackling with glee.

My thoughts?

"This place has everything!"

Oh yes, it does. The blood hawk, the clubnek, the crypt thing, the coffer corpse, the crabmen, lava children, the flumph, the al-mi'raj, the grippli, the yellow musk vine and zombie, more slimes, oozes, and puddings than you can shake a stick at, demons and devil lords up the wazoo, celestials, fey, animals, evil plants, not so evil plants, every single freaking thing ever!

And if that's not enough, templates! They have templates that let you stick two animals together, the animal lord, a dire template, the foo creature, everything! They included the stats for a dire sloth! How cool is that?

And another thing, for several monsters they included the stat adjustments and ECL for people who want to use them as PCs!

ARGH!!! This book is so cool!!!

(Ok, over-enthusiastic fanboy rant done) ;)

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
But it's such a nice rant... :D In any case I'm glad that you're finding a lot of use for this book. I know I will too soon.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Daaaaaaaarnnn IT!

NOW I have another book to go buy. I thought I could pass this one by - but...

*Henry starts frantically scribbling on his Christmas list*

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Henry said:
Daaaaaaaarnnn IT!

NOW I have another book to go buy. I thought I could pass this one by - but...

*Henry starts frantically scribbling on his Christmas list*

I know the feeling. All them damn d20 companies are making me go broke.

ATTENTION D20 COMPANIES:

Tone down the quality, please. My wallet can't take any more abuse.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm taking mine back for an exchange. The binding is already coming apart. The pages are coming off the part that holds them together. I bought it about 18 hours ago.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
hahahahaha, you will enjoy it whether you like it or not! yes, you want it! hahahahahaha....

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
but yes, i digress. the binding is a problem, i can see that. it's my only real complaint. but hey, if all the pages fall out you can just three-hole punch them and stick em in a binder. :D

seriously... i think they did it on purpose so that demand will force a second printing in a hurry, and then people will buy a second book. :D haha, just kidding... i don't think anyone at the game company knew that would happen.

Knight Otu

First Post
It's a great book. :)

One thing I dislike is the low number of non-unique devils. Demons and daemons have unique rulers, too, but not in the same extreme proportion. 3 out of 10 devils not unique seems a bit too much.

But maybe that's just me. ;)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I'm taking mine back for an exchange. The binding is already coming apart. The pages are coming off the part that holds them together. I bought it about 18 hours ago.

Funny, I've had mine for 24 hours. The binding on it is fine. You must have gotten a defective copy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases