Players:Ariel Esimae
Megan Fairchild
Audra Frost
Saktouk
Veniarus Toliar
Naria
Guardian
Therella Woodsoul

[sblock=Adventure Rules]If these look familiar to some of you, it's because I am cheating and starting from perrinmiller's useful setup, because it works, and I see no point in reinventing the wheel.

* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling in order to keep secret rolls properly secret.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post during a fight. [/sblock]

Example Mini-stats block:
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW [/sblock]

[sblock=encounter information]Maggots (Ariel, Audra, Guardian, Megan, Naria): CR 3 800 xp total/160 xp each, 150 gp each
Hungry Ettercap (Ariel, Audra, Guardian, Megan, Naria): CR 4 1200 xp total/240 xp, 75 gp each
Feywood (Ariel, Audra, Guardian, Megan, Naria): CR 1 400 xp total/80 xp each
Dealing with the Johnsons (Ariel, Audra, Guardian, Megan, Therella): CR 4 1200 xp total/240 xp each, 100 gp each, key for vault
Bandit Roundup (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 3 800 xp total/160 xp each, 160 gp each
Ankheg Hunting (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 5 1600 xp total/320 xp each
Neighborly Love (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 5 2000 xp total/400 xp each, 100 gp, 5 alchemist's fire, 5 acid flasks, 3 liquid ice, 1 flash powder, local carvings representing time gp
Stirge Nest (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 3 800 xp total/160 xp each
Brown Mold (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 2 600 xp total/120 xp each
Skeletal Champion Guardian (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 4 1200 xp total/240 xp each, +1 Longspear, +1 Full Plate, +1 Cloak of Resistance
The Vault (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): CR 1 400 xp total/80 xp each, Efficient Quiver, 1st level Pearl of Power, Hand of the Mage
Final Pay (Ariel, Audra, Megan, Saktouk, Veniarus): 240 gp each[/sblock]

[sblock=Final Numbers]Ariel Esimae
Encounter XP: 2200; Encounter GP: 2980
level 3 - June 30th
level 4 - October 4th
total time xp: 2518; total time gp: 2800
total xp from adventure: 4718, total gp from adventure: 5780

Audra Frost
level 2 - Aug 15
level 3 - Oct 27
total time xp:1500; total time gp: 1431
total xp from adventure: 3700, total gp from adventure: 4411

Guardian (Left party August 2nd)
Encounter XP: 720; Encounter GP: 1000
Time XP: 781; Time GP: 781
Total XP: 1501, Total GP: 1781

Megan Fairchild
level 3 - June 30th
level 4 - October 4th
total time xp: 2518; total time gp: 2800
total xp from adventure: 4718, total gp from adventure: 5780

Naria (Left party July 13th)
Encounter XP: 480; Encounter GP:660
Time XP: 357; Time GP: 306
Total XP: 837, Total GP: 966

Saktouk (Joined August 9th)
Encounter XP: 1480; Encounter GP: 1980
level 2 - October 4th
total time xp: 729; total time gp: 702
total xp from adventure: 2297, total gp from adventure: 2510

Therella Woodsoul (July 1st-August 2nd)
Encounter XP: 240; Encounter GP: 340
Time XP: 363; Time GP: 363
Total XP: 603; Total GP: 703

Veniarus Toliar (Joined August 9th)
Encounter XP: 1480; Encounter GP: 1980
level 2 - October 4th
total time xp: 729; total time gp: 702
total xp from adventure: 2297, total gp from adventure: 2510[/sblock]

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
OOC: I remember finding a list of BB codes on En a while back but forgot where they are since I only really needed the ooc one. Sunshadow, can you point us to where these codes are? Better yet, if you can paste Ariel's mini stats' code template, all we have to do is copy and fill in the blanks.

OOC: Mini stats are NOT in the signatures, correct? I do not have a community support acct so therefore will not be able to have links in my signature. Sunshadow or Ariel, if mini stats are not signatures (ie. not auto generated), we'll have to past in our mini stats for every IC combat post, is that right?

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: The code you want for the ministats is bracket, sblock=????, bracket, contents, bracket, /sblock, bracket. Perrinmiller might be kind enough to post a full example with the codes; I don't know how to. They are not part of the signature if you use the sblock so you have to repost them every time they are needed, but it isn't that hard; perrinmiller can give better directions on how to do it than I can.

Caim

First Post
Seeing that she is the first to reach the horses, Naria picks a black mare as hers. While she waits she feeds the horse a couple apples before putting her gear on her back. "Whats her name?" Naria asks as she lloks to the stable manager.

"Her name is Midnight. Shes a good horse." the stable manager responds in a raspy voice as he turns to finish the preparations on the other horses.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Naria
Initiative: +6 (+5 fatigued)
AC: 18 (15 w/out shield, 16 raging, 17 fatigued, 15 touch, 13 flatfooted)
HP: 15 (17 raging) Current: 15
CMB: +3 (+5 raging, +2 fatigued) CMD: 18 (20 raging, 16 fatigued)
Fort: +4 (+6 raging) Reflex: +4 (+3 fatigued) Will: +1 (+3 raging)
Resistance: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar and shield

Rage: 6/6 rounds per day
[/sblock]

VVilhem

First Post
Having never needed to ride a horse ever, Megan is a little skittish in the stable. "Give me the tamest horse you have!" She declared.

"Take Cotton then. He's gentle and has never tossed anyone."

OOC: What's the BB code for links?

[sblock=Mini Stats]Megan
Initiative: +10
AC: 17 (14 touch, 13 flatfooted)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow, Heavy
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

"Hey, at least I was faster than Ariel ... and Audra. I will take a horse that is 'beginner friendly, good man." The Guardian says to the stable manager as he arrives.

"That would be Cotton, but he is already taken. Rose here has some spirit, but if she likes you, you should have no problem, sir."

[sblock=OOC]
I hope my quick sheet is enough. The picture above is also an actual link to my wiki sheet.

AC: 19, Touch: 12, FF: 16
CMB: +4 - CMD: 16
Fort +3, Refl +4, Will +1

Bardic Performance Rounds Remaining:
5/5

Spells remaining:
1: 2/2

Spells Known:
0: Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Flare, Lullaby
1: Cure Light Wounds, Hideous Laughter

HP: 19/19

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel as usual is one of the last to arrive, but it doesn't bother her, "I see most of us are here."

Being somewhat fearless, and knowing nothing of horses, she takes whatever horse the groomsman brings for her. Considering the weight of her gear she is more than happy to transfer some things from her backpack to saddle bags. Looking up at the large beast, she is not sure how to get aboard. She looks around for a ladder or something since the stirrups are only dangling at eye level on her.

"Umm, is there a shorter one? Can you kneel down for me."

She pats the horse to try and get it to listen, but the equine just stares back at the Aasimar woman. Getting nowhere, Ariel plants the butt of her longspear in the ground and uses it to help boost her up high enough to get a foot in the stirrup and climb aboard.

[sblock=OOC]I just quote my last post or copy things from my last combat post. My picts and mini-stats only look like a signature. In fact you can quote any post and see the BB Code (except for images). For Invis Castle they provide the BB Code and then I sometimes edit the text of the link.

I realize the Handle Animal is trained only, but sometimes you can still use some skills untrained but cannot beat anything higher than DC10.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (20 with shield, 16 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
With help from the stable master, Megan climbs onto her horse. "Let us go forth and wait wait wait why is she running? Someone slow her down and Naria, stop throwing her apples!"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Megan
Initiative: +10
AC: 17 (14 touch, 13 flatfooted)
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow, Heavy
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: It appears the forum ate a post

Mr. Savi steps into the stable just as Megan's horse starts to take off, and manages to catch it's stirrup as it tries to go by. "You seem to be having some trouble there. And Ms. Ariel, Ajax responds better to food than words initially. Try some of these treats." Mr. Savi hands Ariel some apples as he shows Megan how to get Cotton to follow her lead. "When you go, if you could take Blossom, that appaloosa mare over in the corner, with you for Adolfo, you'll save my men a trip. Her saddlebag should have all the papers and information that Adolfo requested and needs for the journey."

Remove ads