Proposal: "Fixing" the older Expertise Feats

renau1g

First Post
For all the non-Essentials expertise feats, should we look to change the +2 from coming in at 15th level to coming in at 11th to keep it even? Ex. Axe Expertise vs. Versatile Expertise. The reason I bring this up is I have a few PC's nearing Paragon, and I know there's at least a handful more nearly to that point so I'd hoped they would have got the others out by now but not yet.

You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with an axe. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

vs

Choose a weapon group and an implement type. You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls both when using a weapon from the chosen group and when using an implement of the chosen type. The bonus increases to +2 at 15th level and +3 at 25th level.

Note: I have no horse in the race as my PC's all are covered by the first type ones.

So the actual proposal is to granting the +2 feat bonus to hit at 11th level (and +3 at 21st) for all expertise feats to keep the older ones in line (somewhat) with the benefits of the newer ones.

[MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION], [MENTION=6078]garyh[/MENTION], [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION], & [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION] Thanks all :)

garyh

First Post
I just posted this in the discussion thread:

I'd be cool with all expertises moving to 11/21 instead of 15/25. Why should a swordmage, for example, who already suffers from the weapon focus / implement focus split and not being able to take heavy blade expertise, also have to wait four levels more for their expertise bump?

So, now that it's an official proposal, I'll vote YES.

I'd also welcome Versatile Focus, but I think that should be a separate proposal in its own thread.

renau1g

First Post
Aye, I think a feat for Weaponliment users, or classes like Artificers, which use multiple implements would be welcome, but probably best for another thread.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
So far, I think it's a good idea, so I'll vote YES.

[MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION]: I'm not sure damage bonuses need to be altered. Damage is already increased automatically in most (albeit not all) powers at Paragon level, enough so that even though all powers would not be evenly affected, all characters would likely benefit from some kind of boost. Thus the imbalance is not as great as it is with the expertise To Hit bonus.

renau1g

First Post
As of this morning at 7:15 EST this proposal has met the 48 hr requirement of 3 yes votes and been officially passed.

Remove ads