Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

larryfinnjr

First Post
[MENTION=42968]Goken100[/MENTION] thanks so much for keeping up with the housekeeping - you're so right, it's easy to move on, and even easier to forget sometimes to deal with things like ol' Deadeye.

[MENTION=83060]RavenBlackthorne[/MENTION] i LOVE the 'hobgoblin serves the goblin' thing... for reasons that do and don't make sense, i imagine Spizz as some sort of Gollum creature finally shaking the curse of the Ring loose... yes it's cumbersome to tote around NPCs in addition to everything else needing doing, but it adds a great amount of flavor.

Goken100

First Post
[MENTION=42968]Goken100[/MENTION] thanks so much for keeping up with the housekeeping - you're so right, it's easy to move on, and even easier to forget sometimes to deal with things like ol' Deadeye.

[MENTION=83060]RavenBlackthorne[/MENTION] i LOVE the 'hobgoblin serves the goblin' thing... for reasons that do and don't make sense, i imagine Spizz as some sort of Gollum creature finally shaking the curse of the Ring loose... yes it's cumbersome to tote around NPCs in addition to everything else needing doing, but it adds a great amount of flavor.

Right, that's good enough for me. We'll take Deadeye with us. Judging by how Goonalan played Spizz, I don't think he'll partake in combat, so I don't think it's necessary to give him back his bow. That's probably for the best... more XP for us. :)

tiornys

Explorer
Sorry for the lack of posting recently--I got unexpectedly busy with family arriving in town for visits. I'll post as soon as I get caught up on happenings. Judging by the last few posts, we're up to two NPC's, which is fine by me. I'd have been mildly in favor of killing Deadeye outright, but that's just Ah-shahran being a bit paranoid about toting around 2 potential turncoats....

If no one objects, I want one of my healing potions to go to Kali, since he's the most mobile melee character we have. I'd still have one for emergencies, and between Kyalia and Kali, they should be able to deliver one wherever needed.

t~

Thanee

First Post
I've added the healing potion to my character sheet.

And yeah, Kyalia is quite mobile, too, so this is a good emergency option.

Bye
Thanee

Goken100

First Post
Sorry for the lack of posting recently--I got unexpectedly busy with family arriving in town for visits. I'll post as soon as I get caught up on happenings. Judging by the last few posts, we're up to two NPC's, which is fine by me. I'd have been mildly in favor of killing Deadeye outright, but that's just Ah-shahran being a bit paranoid about toting around 2 potential turncoats....

If no one objects, I want one of my healing potions to go to Kali, since he's the most mobile melee character we have. I'd still have one for emergencies, and between Kyalia and Kali, they should be able to deliver one wherever needed.

t~

Sounds good to me. Makes it easier to send Kali down into the drake lair to scout things out. ;)

BTW it just occurred to me that I could totally just change the order of character names for treasure rolls AFTER the dice have been rolled, since the order is clearly rather arbitrary right now, and that way choose who gets which item. I know it's no big deal and you guys are probably trusting type folks, but I'll be sure to list names alphabetically in the future, in the name of transparency.

larryfinnjr

First Post
DM - how many points of damage did we do to the drake we peppered from above before they ran off? (not listed in your combat summary)

Also - are the stairs difficult terrain? will it take 1 or 2 more move actions to make it to the top? Just thinking ahead to her next turn....

So Velani (and Freggo?) will likely be coming up behind the party into the entrance room, where it sounds like the wounded drake is already trying to get into the VonJallick crypt. I'm hoping the two of us can hold it/hurt it enough while the rest of you pepper the other from across the pits (unless someone else were to drop down and run up the stairs, too). Velani's first general order is to protect the citizens of Fallcrest, so there's nothing to stop her from doing just that....

See y'all (yes, I live in Texas) on the other side! :)

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Right, I'm back out of crazy show week now so my post will be a little less tired. My apologies for the mental absence.

[MENTION=99210]larryfinnjr[/MENTION] do you want me to come help you down there? (Big Tony style!) I'm pretty sure that these guys can take this one out from over the pit.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
DM - how many points of damage did we do to the drake we peppered from above before they ran off? (not listed in your combat summary)

Also - are the stairs difficult terrain? will it take 1 or 2 more move actions to make it to the top? Just thinking ahead to her next turn....

So Velani (and Freggo?) will likely be coming up behind the party into the entrance room, where it sounds like the wounded drake is already trying to get into the VonJallick crypt. I'm hoping the two of us can hold it/hurt it enough while the rest of you pepper the other from across the pits (unless someone else were to drop down and run up the stairs, too). Velani's first general order is to protect the citizens of Fallcrest, so there's nothing to stop her from doing just that....

See y'all (yes, I live in Texas) on the other side! :)

Sorry, just seen this-

Drake #1- you did plenty of damage (over 50 points), it's bloodied.

Stairs are not difficult terrain.

Cheers Goonalan

larryfinnjr

First Post
Right, I'm back out of crazy show week now so my post will be a little less tired. My apologies for the mental absence.

@larryfinnjr do you want me to come help you down there? (Big Tony style!) I'm pretty sure that these guys can take this one out from over the pit.

Welcome back to full-time status! Hope the show went well?

As for comin on down, sure couldn't hurt... it's lookin like the one drake might be turnin' tail though... so it looks like a crap shoot. whichever feels right for your character at this point i s'pose!

and [MENTION=17633]tiornys[/MENTION] - i'm not an actual Texas native, though... I'm really from New Jersey :) i've lived here for 5 1/2 yrs though...Army brought me here, weather kept me here... i've no intention of invading your slopes any time soon, as the one and only time i've gone skiing i broke my tailbone and dislocated both my hips LOL if you're ever needing decent BBQ, though, come on down...... :)

Remove ads