Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Scales of War Part #1 Rescue at Rivenroar
Set in Fallcrest within the Nentir Vale.

Fallcrest, the Nentir Inn, late Fritag night.

Gasper No couldn't stop grinning, here he was in the Nentir Inn, a place he could previously never afford to eat in, the best Inn in Fallcrest in fact. He'd just finished his meal- baked Stirge in a rosemary crust with winter vegetables, followed by a flambéed mini-Gelatinous Cube with a caramel sauce, accompanied by half-a-bottle of a most agreeable Elven Chimblee.

Gasper wiped his mouth with his napkin and opened his purse, for the first time in the evening his smile faltered, nervously he flopped out two dozen gold coins, enough for the meal, the wine and a hefty tip- why not he figured, plenty more where that came from.

However, here was the test- Gasper let the coins sit on the counter, Ayella the barmaid wandered over, picked up the coin- as if there was nothing wrong, and then with a smile wished him good night.

Gasper sat for a moment, still watching- waiting, as Ayella made her way back to the till and placed his money within... nothing.

Ayella went back about her business, leaving Gasper smiling again.

Less than two hours ago the coins that he had paid with had been copper- he'd done it, he had truly done it- he was certain.

Gasper No had discovered the Philosopher's Stone, he'd discovered the way to transform base metals in to gold, no magic just alchemy, he had spent 42 years searching for the secret, more than once he had come close to madness, the pursuit had left him almost penniless, at times homeless, and for several decades now friendless.

Gasper got up from his stool, waved a last goodbye and moved over to the door, knowing that he was about to return home to start the job of making himself rich. He had only one gold coin left in his pocket but that didn't matter, he would have to get some change- 100 copper coins, which he would turn this very evening in to 100 gold, and from there...

Gasper did a little dance on the way to the door, spiralled on the spot- nobody was watching, why not.

He pulled open the door of the Nentir Inn, looking back to offer a last 'G'night' to the staff and the other patrons- he turned back and...

Standing in the doorway was the biggest Hobgoblin he had ever seen, strange he thought, and then was swiftly decapitated.

And thus the secret of the Philosopher's Stone remained a secret for a little while longer.

The evening however would nevertheless come to be remembered, not for Gasper No and his 42 years of work, but for the Goblin attack on Fallcrest, and the heroes that took up arms and implements to defend the city from the terrible foe.

Info

I'm looking for 6 players to play through Scales of War Part #1 Rescue at Rivenroar, and if it all works out to go on from there.

The game will be set in the Nentir Vale, starting off in Fallcrest, rather than the prescribed setting.

The rules are pretty much RAW- a couple of house rules but no game breakers, more details to follow.

I'm looking for players who are committed to making regular updates, in combat I insist that players post within 24 hours or else I will bot their characters. Obviously if you are going to be away on holiday or absent for other reasons- I need to know in advance when possible. I don't wish for this to sound nasty, I want a quick-ish moving game. I don't want to take a month to get through one combat.

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Oh and 1st Level PCs of course.

You PCs start the evening in the bar of the Nentir Inn enjoying a quiet drink or... well, that's up to you- you witness the death of Gasper No and then leap in to action.

Oh and Gasper's story was just a way in to the events of the evening, don't think for a second I'm letting you gain access to the Philosopher's Stone, just fate taking care of things.

Last thing- I like lovely looking combat maps, I play a lot of D&D 4e using Maptools- a map of the bar of the Nentir Inn, as the Hobgoblins rush in, is available below.

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar

Check out the Large version- lovely, any problems viewing these then give me a shout.

Please post characters, once I have confirmed your place in game, in the Rogues Gallery- CB files for the win but any other format I can access is fine. The forum is here-

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...s-war-1-rescue-rivenroar-pcs.html#post5575417

Cheers Goonalan

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Poor Gasper!

I would be interested to play an elven ranger (bow) in this campaign. :)

I (usually) check the forums multiple times per day and can post daily. I will be on vacation the next two weeks, however, but should have internet (in the evening at least).

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Lovely map, indeed. :D

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Poor Gasper!

I would be interested to play an elven ranger (bow) in this campaign. :)

I (usually) check the forums multiple times per day and can post daily. I will be on vacation the next two weeks, however, but should have internet (in the evening at least).

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Lovely map, indeed. :D

Gasper alas didn't deserve to go that way, he did however have some pretty severe 'trust issues' and a bad case of lice...

Welcome aboard- feel free to roll up your PC and drop him or her in to the aforementioned Rogues Gallery.

TTFN
Goonalan

Caim

First Post
What luck. I've been looking for games, especially a 4th Ed, and found me one.

I am ery interested in this adventure and I can post daily and check the forums often.

The only issue I do have is the character sheet. I am newish to PBP but not to DnD. The games I have been in have a site for there sheets and I do have a Myth-Weavers account. Would the Myth-Weavers sheet be just fine?

Also I am interested in a Dwarven Fighter (hammer and shield defender). If the Myth-Weavers site is fine for a sheet I can get started tonight and get it down tomorrow as I work midnight shift.

Caim

First Post
I knew I forgot something. I vote point buy or standard array but thats because I already have the stats fleshed out and awaiting to be placedB-).

tiornys

Explorer
This looks like fun, and I believe I have the time. I typically check the forums multiple times per day.

I'm interested in playing a Shaman or hybrid Shaman|(Artificer/Warlord/Cleric), but I have a few questions before putting an actual build together.

You mentioned a couple of house rules. Are any of these critical to character creation? And, if a house rule alters the expected mechanical behavior of a character, will you allow the character to be tweaked/rebuilt?

Also (and this is aimed at the other players as well as the DM), what level of optimization is desired here? Some of the character concepts I have in mind are only fun (for me) at a fairly high party optimization level, while others will work fine in a "beer and pretzels" style game but feel weak if everyone else is bringing tweaked out characters. I'm happy with a pretty wide range of power levels, but I think it's best for everyone if the variation within a single game table is relatively small (I typically get a read on this by looking at house rules, DM expectations, and other PC builds, but we don't know what the house rules are, and no one's posted a build yet ;) ).

t~

Last edited:

hairychin

First Post
Hi

I can check posts every evening, and all the weekends, and was thinking of a scout. Quick count looks like I'm the 6th expression of interest. Will start on character.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
What luck. I've been looking for games, especially a 4th Ed, and found me one.

I am ery interested in this adventure and I can post daily and check the forums often.

The only issue I do have is the character sheet. I am newish to PBP but not to DnD. The games I have been in have a site for there sheets and I do have a Myth-Weavers account. Would the Myth-Weavers sheet be just fine?

Also I am interested in a Dwarven Fighter (hammer and shield defender). If the Myth-Weavers site is fine for a sheet I can get started tonight and get it down tomorrow as I work midnight shift.

Welcome aboard, as long as I can read the sheet, or you can direct me to a place/site... etc.

Start attribute point buying.

Cheers Goonalan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases