Adventures in the Nentir Vale--OOC

I've not played a PbP game before, and the only people I've ever DM'd for were my kids, but if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to DM the "Essentials" published adventures (from the Red Box, the DM Kit, and the Monster Vault; starts at level 1 and goes to level 4 or 5).

I'd have some rather restrictive rules, though:
>Essentials characters from the Heroes of the Fallen Lands or Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms only; I'm guessing that the streamlined rules would make it easier for me as a level 1 DM. Besides, the only non-Essentials materials I have are the core rule books.

>Ability scores would be limited to the array 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 before racial bonuses (player assigns the scores to abilities as he sees fit, of course)

>No Evil or Chaotic Evil Characters.

>I don't have MS Excel, so I would use MS Works Spreadsheet to make maps, etc. I think Excel can load these, though.

>Only four characters, at least to begin with. I don't care what races or classes, as long as they are from the Essentials players' books. (i.e. four tiefling hexblades would be fine, as long as they are at least unaligned, good, or lawful good).

If these rules are agreeable to anyone, let me know. If someone more experienced at this sort of thing is willing to give it a whirl as DM, then more power to them, and can I join that game?

The Game
The Players

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
That sounds interesting :)

I will play, if you want me.

Preferred Characters by roles:

Controller: Ranger (Hunter), Elf
Leader: Druid (Sentinel), Human or Half-Elf or Cleric (Warpriest)
Defender: Paladin (Cavalier)
Striker: Warlock (Hexblade)

hero4hire

Explorer
I'd like to try out some Essentials stuff. So I'd give it a go. I'll take whatever role is leftover. I can make something for any occasion.

Waiting for one more.

It looks like we have a halfling thief and two misc. Remember, if all of you want to be halfling thieves, that's fine with me. Having said that,

Walking Dad: You have a paladin character in another game, I see, and possum specifically requested a striker class, so if you would like to play the hunter, druid or warpriest then you would be able to try something new whose role is not duplicated in the party.

hero4hire: thanks for showing up. what sort of character do you usually like to play?

I'll be skipping the "Player's First Adventure"; the solo, "choose-your-own-adventure" style opening couple of encounters. That means that each player will start with 200 XP and 10 extra gold pieces.

hero4hire

Explorer
hero4hire: thanks for showing up. what sort of character do you usually like to play?

I am always looking to play something I have never played before. But personality-wise I have run the gamut from bloodthirsty combatants to pacifist scholars.

We have a striker so we need a Defender, Leader & Controller. I'll let Walking Dad call 1st dibs since he posted first and will look at my essentials stuff. I do not have the Essentials books just the DDI subscription so it may take me a sec to figure out what is in there and what isn't.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases