[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Cleverusername

First Post
"Call me Gelik," replies the gnome, continuing to fiddle with the thing for a moment before looking up. "I bought this little toy in Daunton. The seller told me I'd have hours of fun with it. I should have punched him. Hours of irritation is more like it." He laughs.

"Ha! I like the cut of your jib. Was it a kobold who sold it to you? They're shifty little buggars they are. I'm Alkas Glanrak by the by. Nice to meet you. So, what are you doing on board?" the dwarf asks, reverting back again to his older mannerism in the familiar setting.

twilsemail

First Post
The captain bows in appreciation and ascends the gangplank. The Irregulars follow, excepting the lone piskie who has to bid farewell to his trusted and beloved steed.

The Piskies quickly spread out and begin investigating every inch of the ship. A majority of them remain with the Captain, however. Those that have scattered do an amazing job of not being in the way of the crew. Quite the impressive task, really.

The captain, along with several of the Fitzpatricks, heads towards the Flame-haired woman. Observing her behavior, they wonder if she is fey-touched. "Greetings madam," the captain calls, brazen as a bell.

BenBrown

First Post
The half-elf woman turns around at the sound of Hú Lí's voice. "You play?" she asks. "Well, I always like to hear a merry tune, even if they don't. I'm Aerys. Aerys Mavato." She sticks out her hand.

Hú Lí looks a little startled by this, but instead of taking the woman's hand, bows deeply. "I am called Hú Lí. I am skilled with flute and drum. I can sing, and tell stories too. I am honored to meet you, Aerys Mavato. You will excuse me. I am startled. It is not the custom in my country to offer hands."

She hesitantly sticks out her arm, and lightly clasp's Aerys's hand.

"Are you then a musician too?" she asks.

Mewness

First Post
"Ha! I like the cut of your jib. Was it a kobold who sold it to you? They're shifty little buggars they are. I'm Alkas Glanrak by the by. Nice to meet you. So, what are you doing on board?" the dwarf asks, reverting back again to his older mannerism in the familiar setting.
"I wouldn't buy anything like this from a kobold and expect to keep all of my fingers attached," says the gnome. "As for why I'm here, it's more for fun than anything else. I've never been to the Isle of Opposition and I was hoping to get a close look at the henges. What about you?"

The captain, along with several of the Fitzpatricks, heads towards the Flame-haired woman. Observing her behavior, they wonder if she is fey-touched. "Greetings madam," the captain calls, brazen as a bell.
Sasha is responding to Noriaki and Takahaan as Dartmoor and the Fitzpatricks approach. "Geography, history, deportment, fencing, whatever, I don't know. And I don't care," she says, with a shrug and a frown. "It's not like I had any choice in the matter. Oh, hello!" she finishes, noticing the piskies approach.

[sblock=Dartmoor](DM makes sekrit Insight check for Dartmoor)

You get the impression that Sasha really, really, really does not want to talk about her studies--that the whole subject makes her angry, but she's trying to be nice and make new friends.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
She hesitantly sticks out her arm, and lightly clasp's Aerys's hand.
Aerys gives Hú Lí's hand a firm shake. "There you go," she says. "And since you're willing to say howdy in my language, I'll say it in yours. Fair's fair." And she bows briskly to Hú Lí.

"Are you then a musician too?" she asks.
"Nah," replies Aerys. "I mean I can sing a little bit, or at least not murder a tune, but that's about the limit of my talent."

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí nods at Aerys. "It is good that you are comfortable with singing." she says. "Although there are some who have no ear at all, there are many people who could make music, but do not. It is a great loss to the world. Perhaps we will have a chance to make music on this voyage. One of the little people has a fiddle, and my countryman Noriaki tells me that he plays the koto--it is a type of zither--although he has no instrument. He is going to enter a contest of arms at this same competition. Are you going for that, or do you have another reason for taking this journey?"

Pentius

First Post

Sasha is responding to Noriaki and Takahaan as Dartmoor and the Fitzpatricks approach. "Geography, history, deportment, fencing, whatever, I don't know. And I don't care," she says, with a shrug and a frown. "It's not like I had any choice in the matter. Oh, hello!" she finishes, noticing the piskies approach.

Noriaki gives a smile to the captain and the Fitzpatricks as they approach. "Hello, captain." he turns back to Sasha. "If it's swordsmanship you're off to learn, you may be better off following us to the Games. We're sure to put on the best performance."

Dekana

Explorer
"Ishirou," the older Jadeite responds. "I have not heard of these games."
Castile is a little disappointed. She was looking forward to an epic rivalship in battle with the "wise old swordsage," as she pictures him. Still, maybe there's hope yet.

"Ahh... May I ask what does bring you aboard if not the games, Master Ishirou?"

twilsemail

First Post
The Captain frowns as the young woman goes on. As she greets him he smiles again. Slightly exaggerated canines gleam pearly white. "Swordsmanship? Fah and fiddlesticks. What is it you want to do, fire-haired girl?"

At the word "fiddlesticks" Jeremy perks up and reaches for his bow and fiddle. When he realizes this was not a request, he sighs and returns the items.

The Pict has wound up on the prow of the ship, stalking a seagull. An absurdly large battleaxe is in his hands.

Cleverusername

First Post
"I wouldn't buy anything like this from a kobold and expect to keep all of my fingers attached," says the gnome. "As for why I'm here, it's more for fun than anything else. I've never been to the Isle of Opposition and I was hoping to get a close look at the henges. What about you?"

"Henges? What's that? As for me? Well, there's gonna, going, to be some Games there, a competition of skill, strength and song. As you could probably guess I'm here for the strength part, can't carry a tune any more than I can carry the Seas" Alkas says with a chuckle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases