[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
GM: It would be possible for a couple of people to approach openly with the others coming behind, relatively concealed (there's no jungle here, but the terrain is uneven enough to provide places to hide if you stay low to the ground).

jbear

First Post
Kane stops immeadiately at Noriaki's words.

"Of c-course you are r-right. B-but alone is f-foolish. I will f-follow at a d-distance. Anything on th-the Shiv a-alive is n-not h-harmless."

Kane will follow at a prudent distance using the terrain to conceal his presence as best he can.

Pentius

First Post
"If you are confident you can go alone, I will not object. But, if you'd like, I am aware that my appearance is not terribly intimidating."

jbear

First Post
Kane shakes his head grinning.

"On the Shiv a-alone is a s-s-s-syn-n-no .... m-means d-dead."

No matter what is said or done, Kane follows at a prudent distance.

Dekana

Explorer
Castile nod in agreement with Kane. "Besides, didn't you see the blood at the camp? The person up there could be dangerous."

Like Kane, she trails at a short distance behind Hú Lí.

Mewness

First Post
The adventurers advance cautiously along the rocks, with Noriaki and Hú Lí in the lead. The uneven ground makes for harder going than the trail, but the large rounded object eventually reveals itself to be--a truly immense crab, a crab the size of a house!

At the same time as the adventurers recognize the true nature of the “boulder,” the crab becomes aware of the adventurers. It rises slightly on its legs, lifting its massive front claws, and makes a truly dreadful sound--an evil sort of chittering moan that seems to rattle one’s very bones.

GM: Please attempt only one of the following checks each. This isn’t necessarily a combat encounter (you can easily get away from the thing if you run), but if you want to attack it, it’s about 10 squares away from people in front, 14 squares away from the people coming behind. The terrain is normal.

[sblock=Nature 15]The movements of the creature look ... artificial, somehow. And the noise, terrifying as it is, does not strike you as the sort of noise that a crab--of any size--would actually make.[/sblock]

[sblock=Insight 21]The crab isn’t making that sound--it’s coming from something else.[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
Takahaan gasps as the massive, blue boulder makes itself out to be a gargantuan crab. His shock is overcome almost immediately, as everything he stands for comes into picture in his mind. "A worthy opponent... I shall bring his torn-off claw to the Iron Legion." he says out loud to himself. "Friends! What say we stand our ground, and deliver this unsightly creature to its defeat?" he yells to the others, as he unsheathes Otaruhi Nodachi.

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki laughs. "Taka, this thing is a farce. And you would not be able to bring it back anyhow, it would be too heavy."

[sblock=improbably good nature roll]1d20+1=21[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Kane narrows his eye as he realises the boulder is a crab ....

"I c-can slow this G-giant C-crab. G-give us t-time to s-strike f-from afar. D-do we attack or f-flee?"

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
"A farce? You don't think a giant crab is serious?" It's like something from a nightmare, Castile thinks as she draws her axe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases