[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Dekana

Explorer
Castile glares at the lobster as it scuttles off, wondering if it may return with its friends. As she turns back to look inland, she notices some odd movement in the ship.
...What was that? she wonders, trying to sort out exactly what she just saw. Castile stares at the ship for a few moments, hoping she'll see it again. She's about to give up when she sees it again: the shadows in the ship are moving by themselves!

"Gah!" she shouts. "Everyone, draw your weapons! There are shadows moving in the ship, and they are not ours!"

OOC: No point in taking chances, I say. Sound the alarm!

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
Takahaan quickly slips Otaruhi Nodachi from its decorated sheath. He stands side-by-side with Kane, motioning for him to unsheath his weapon as well. His eyes narrow as he readies himself for danger, searching the walls for signs of the lying shadows.

jbear

First Post
OOC: I'm not going to potentially waste a high dice roll and still fail. So Kane fails his checks by default :) The dice roller here hates me and likes to do things like that ...

Kane doesn't have a clue what the dwarf is talking about but he trusts her sharp eyes unquestioningly. Weapon already in hand he drops down into a defensive postion waitng for an attack.

"M-maybe w-we go? L-leave these shadows in p-peace?"

OOC: If Kane has time he will drop into Total Defense

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki puts the sword back down, flustered. "If anything is down there, it's dead already. Imidoto is right, we should go." Noriaki grips his scabbard warily.

[sblock=mechanics]
Perception:1d20+2=16
Insight: 1d20+3=13[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
"Dying over ancient treasure isn't going to get us off this island. Let's get out of here." He makes his way toward the exit, behind Kane, his blade steady and his eyes still flitting back and forth for any sign of danger.

Mewness

First Post
As the adventurers back out onto the rocks, the flickering movement of the interior shadows becomes unmistakable. If there is to be any further exploration of the wreck, something very unfriendly will have to be dealt with.

GM: You can back out completely if you choose: the shadowy things, whatever they are, will not follow you outside, but it's pretty clear that if you go back in, you'll be starting some sort of fight.

jbear

First Post
OOC: I always love a good fight. I think the whole 'shadowy-can't see-my-enemy' is enough to stifle Kane's desire to hunt treasure to back away. So I'll cast a neutral vote. I can go either way. I have a daily power left and enough surges to be confident. Then again we could back out and then plan a strategy of attack! :D I do have a remote fireball I can send in there from outside to force the creatures into the light!

Mewness

First Post
OOC: It would certainly be possible to soften things up a bit with AOE effects cast from outside, but you don't have line of effect to the entire interior, so you probably wouldn't end up doing all that much damage. And you can't really see what you're aiming at; it's very bright outside, and the interior is dim.

Remove ads