[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki appears fully drained when they reach the camp. He bows to the others, but it is little more than a nod of his head. He is moving toward the fire to sit down when Sasha emerges from the shelter. His eyes lock on to her bandage, widening slightly in what for a Jadian is quite a display of concern.

Noriaki rushes to her side, or at least moves at a more normal pace, but he allows her to finish speaking before he begins. "You must be more careful, Akagehime. Or at least, you should be better guarded. Here he looks daggers at Alkas. "It would be tragic if something were to take you from us."

Still, either seeing her walking or simply recovering his composure, Noriaki smooths out his voice and takes his eyes off the bandage. He flashes her a smile. "But the flying things do sound interesting. Would you know how to train one, if it were possible? I can whisper a sword, but I don't think I can whisper a flying lizard. Just, promise me next time you go, you let me go with you. That way I can be sure nothing will befall you."

OOC: So does Sasha have an Exclamation point over her head, now?

jbear

First Post
Kane sits down quietly next to the fire, fairly unphased by the gruelling trek. His eyes stray to Aerys writing in the log book. Though this is interesting in itself a sharp eye might detect a slight blush colour his cheek or perhaps notice that whatever he is looking at, it's certainly not the log book.

Dekana

Explorer
Castile remains in high spirits during the long trek, often calling back encouragements to those marching behind her. "One step at a time, nothing fancy." - "Almost there!" - "Just a little further now."

After arriving in the camp, she heads straight for Jade and the roasted meat. "Evening. Mmm, looks good, Jade." Castile keeps an eye on Aerys while waiting for the valley dwarf to respond, curious how she'll react when someone gives her the viper berries.

GROMkill

First Post
Relieved to be back at the campsite, and even more so to have a real place to sleep for the night, Takahaan lets out an audible sigh and sits down on a large rock, overlooking his allies. The Iron Legion had trained him in many things, but nothing close to jungle-trekking. Sweat, dirt, and grassy-stains from the underbrush dot his armor and limbs, and it is clear that he is exhausted.

Still, the massive dragonborn gives encouraging words to his friends. "We trekked hard and fought even harder today, friends. Our perseverance has been rewarded with a comfortable meal and a roof over our heads tonight. Tomorrow, we should set out again after the Captain and Ieana, no?"

Overhearing the subtly romantic words between Sasha and Noriaki, he cracks a quick smile and then speaks. "If you two do decide to go dragon-baby-hunting, bring me along. I'd hate for you to run into an adult dragon while searching for juveniles."

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí waits for a quiet moment, and then speaks to Aerys.
"We have found the berries you requested," she says, producing the viper nettle berries. "I hope that they will be sufficient for your needs. We discovered a large patch of nettles, and can gather more if necessary."

twilsemail

First Post
The Irregulars settle into camp quickly. The lower ranking members are set about cleaning armor and sharpening weapons. Some of the officers relax by the fire. The Pict, ever vigilant, is pacing the perimeter. Jeremy is off to one side of the camp playing his fiddle. Any who venture too close find their feet tapping.

The Captain, for some reason, heads into the shelter. He does not stay inside long and then moves to sit by the fire with some of his men. He waits with uncharacteristic patience for a chance to ask after these lizards.

[sblock=Mewness]The Captain is going to lay the flower wherever Sasha regularly sleeps.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
After arriving in the camp, she heads straight for Jade and the roasted meat. "Evening. Mmm, looks good, Jade." Castile keeps an eye on Aerys while waiting for the valley dwarf to respond, curious how she'll react when someone gives her the viper berries.
“Come sit,” says Jade. “I t’ink I will overcook it a little. I do not trust de t’ings in dis jungle.” He laughs. “But here is some fruit in de basket, if you are very hungry.”

Still, the massive dragonborn gives encouraging words to his friends. "We trekked hard and fought even harder today, friends. Our perseverance has been rewarded with a comfortable meal and a roof over our heads tonight. Tomorrow, we should set out again after the Captain and Ieana, no?"
Gelik notices that Takahaan carries Ieana’s red scarf. “It might not be a good idea to hold onto that,” he says darkly. “Magic can attach to such things. Where did you find it?”

Still, either seeing her walking or simply recovering his composure, Noriaki smooths out his voice and takes his eyes off the bandage. He flashes her a smile. "But the flying things do sound interesting. Would you know how to train one, if it were possible? I can whisper a sword, but I don't think I can whisper a flying lizard. Just, promise me next time you go, you let me go with you. That way I can be sure nothing will befall you."
Alkas lets out a suffering sigh in response to Noriaki’s implied criticism, which Sasha only chuckles at. “I think I could train one,” replies Sasha. (This produces another sigh, or perhaps a grunt, from Alkas, which Sasha ignores.) “What do you think, Captain?” she asks Dartmoor, grabbing Noriaki’s hand and dragging him over to sit by the fire.

Hú Lí waits for a quiet moment, and then speaks to Aerys.
"We have found the berries you requested," she says, producing the viper nettle berries. "I hope that they will be sufficient for your needs. We discovered a large patch of nettles, and can gather more if necessary."
Aerys nods and swallows, looking suddenly pale. She picks up her cup, and considers drinking the rest of its contents before getting to her feet and thrusting both the cup and the wine jar into the hands of a startled Kane. “That’s it,” she says. “Keep this stuff away from me--I’ll have no more of it. Best to let some of you have some, anyway. It’s actually pretty good wine...” she grins mirthlessly. “It shouldn’t have taken being stranded on some cursed island to get me to stop. It really shouldn’t.” she exhales. “I’m sorry, everyone. I’m not going to be much of a help.”

[sblock=Your Quest Log Has Been Updated]Major Quest: Get safely off the island.

Minor Quests (one for each NPC): Keep Aerys, Gelik, Ishirou, Jade, and Sasha alive.

Minor Quest: Find a supply of viper nettle berries to help Aerys kick her drinking habit. COMPLETE!

Minor Quest: Find the Nightvoice for Gelik.

Minor Quest: Find the treasure at the end of Ishirou's treasure map.

Minor Quest: Find evidence to exonerate Jade.

Minor Quest: Help Sasha capture a young flying reptile-thing. NEW![/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki is a bit taken aback by the sudden hand-grabbing, but allows himself to be led to the fire, where he takes another heavy helping of food. For once he doesn't complain about the fare, or even ask what it is.

[sblock=ooc]Totally going to have a Quetzalcoatlus pet.
skybax_rider.jpg
[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
"It might be possible. It depends on what the beasts are. What can you tell me about them? Did they have a fin or crest on their heads? How many limbs did they have, including their wings? What shape was the tail?" As she answers the questions he will ask more.

OOC: If memory serves, Sasha has a bonus to Nature. Any chance she can make an Aid Another check to help the Captain identify the beastie?

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki begins to get distracted by something during the conversation about the lizards. He doesn't have anything to contribute to the question and answer session, anyway. Finally, taking advantage of a moment where Sasha is listening to the Captain, Noriaki slips quietly away from the fire.

He sneaks off, to a small clearing out of sight of his campmates, near where he and Kane gathered leaves and vines for the shelter. There, he takes a deep breath. He lays his right hand on his scabbard, and his left on the hilt. He hesitates for a moment, remembering the fight against the plants. He also remembers Sasha's injured thigh. The southpaw swordsman then begins a slow, familiar chant in Tsugo.

At the camp, the sound of thunder can be faintly heard in the distance.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases