[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: It turns out that the cabin I'm staying at this weekend in Lake Tahoe has wifi. Sweet!

As Takahaan's furor continues to build, the dragonborn continues his vicious onslaught against the jungle-fiends plaguing the beautiful jungle scenery. Approaching the massive treelike creature that has been torturing his new friend with such viciousness, he yells at it. "Your end is nigh!" Dropping his sword arm, he reels back; his eyes have turned a burning, crimson red tinge, sweat and blood dripping from his face and body.

Reeling back in his signature fashion, a loud, sharp guttural sound emanates from deep within his throat as he expels a blast of flaming breath out toward the Caller. The burst of fiery wrath blankets the creature, and the powerful dragonborn screams a victory cry, his aimed breath true as an arrow. The creature alight, Taka turns to his companion with a big grin on his face.

"Noriaki! For ages they will speak legends of our feats upon this isle!"

[sblock=Takahaan's Actions] Move: Walk to H15

Minor: Dragon Breath in corners G16, I18. 1d20+8=22 1d6+1=7 Hits Caller's Reflex 14 for 17 damage including the fire vulnerability. I believe this kills the Caller.

Standard: Total Defense. Oh, and gloat.
[/sblock][sblock=Takahaan]Takahaan Thanazashi Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 1
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Normal
AC:18
Fort:17
Reflex:15
Will:17 HP:13/29
Bloodied:14
Surge Value:8
Surges left:6/8
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragon Breath [x]
Inspiring Word [xx]
Vengeance Is Mine [x]

Lamb to the Slaughter [ ]
Spur To Action [x]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [x]

Cloak of Resistance [ ]

Conditions

Bloodied, giving Taka +1 to attack rolls from racial.

[sblock=Important Features] Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Combat Leader:
You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +2 power bonus to initiative. +1 to attack rolls when bloodied.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Kane feels his mind emerge at last from the bloody haze.

"Die!" he screams with a flash of his sword that sends a jet of flame towards his blighted tormenter ... but his mind desoriented and reeling betrays him and the jet fires away harmlessly to the side of the creature. He then moves as far back as possible to avoid the devastating mental attacks keeping the flame alive.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Flaming Sphere attack: Miss
Move: R6
Minor: Sustain Sphere
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
GM: Caller has threatening reach 3. It gets an OA against Takahaan.

caller melee basic vs Reflex, Takahaan; damage
18(1d20) +6 = 24; 2(1d8) +5 = 7
Takahaan is hit for 7 and grabbed while in, say, H14. He still kills it with dragon breath, though.

[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: the caller is already dead by the time Kane takes his turn, and he can't move the sphere adjacent to the zombie without hurting Dartmoor. If you want to retcon and do something else entirely, go for it.

Edit: party is out of healing, yes. Although I suppose someone could try to grant Dartmoor a save with the Heal skill.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Nah, I'll just fall over. @jbear , feel free to hit me with the sphere. Below 0 is pretty much all the same. Worst case scenario is me getting CDG'd, and I'd be dead from that either way, really.

ETA: Alright, maybe I was a bit hasty. Ongoing 5 actually hurts at low levels... I'm cool with the sphere passing by, still. It'll just hurt more than I first expected.

The Captain is overtaken by the rot infecting him from the zombies attack. He falls to the ground. Jeremy stops playing as he sees his commander drop. The rest of the Irregulars stand in shock.

[sblock=actions]
Take 5 damage. Fall over, dying

[sblock=Dartmoor Irregulars]Dartmoor Irregulars – Piskie Swarm (Druid) 2
Passive Insight: 14, Passive Perception: 19
AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:14, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:-2/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 9/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

Powers:
Grasping Tide

Grasping Claws
Swarming Locusts

Scattered Form

Summon Giant Toad
Fiddlin’ Grig
Conditions: Dying
Notes: -3 damage from melee/ranged attacks in Beast Form
Failed Death Saves: 0/3
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki casts his gaze around the battlefield, just in time to see Dartmoor fall. He charges through the jungle like a hurricane, arriving at Dartmoor's side and drawing forth his blade. Sweat drips down his forehead from the effort of holding his spell in place. With a shudder, Noriaki drops to one knee, and a burst of thunder peals in the air to no effect. The young warrior strains to bring the primal forces he called forth under control, shakily getting back to his feet.
[sblock=Mechanics]
Move: to M15
Standard: Howling Strike Charge on zombeh 2, ending in p15
Attack Roll: 1d20+9=12 ...[/sblock]

[sblock=Noriaki]Noriaki Matsumoto Male Human Thaneborn Barbarian 2
Initiative: +4(+6 with Takahaan),
Passive Perception: 11,
Passive Insight: 12,
Senses: Normal
AC:19
Fort:18
Reflex:16
Will:14
HP:21/33
Bloodied:16
Surges left:7/9
Surge Value:8
Action Points: 0
MBA: +8 to hit, 1d12+5 damage
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike

Escalating Violence [x]
Howl of Triumph [x]
Shrug it off [x]
Heroic Effort [x]
Second Wind [x]

Swift Panther Rage [x]
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
GM: I'll put the sphere in R15. Seems like a good place for it. Noriaki is on top of Dartmoor, as the square he wanted to charge to is occupied by Castile.

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí steps gingerly over to a bare patch of ground, where she can get a good view of the last remaining foe. She blows yet another sharp blast, and the undead menace stumbles backward, passing between Kane's flaming sphere and Castile's axe. The latter hits it solidly as it passes.[sblock=actions]Move: to P19
Standard: Staggering Note (Will) vs. Zombie 2: 15(1d20) +6 = 21. 4 damage, and Zombie is pushed to Q14.
Castile MBA vs. Zombie 2: 19(1d20) +8 = 27; 7(1d12) +9 = 16, Castile gains 4 THP.[/sblock][sblock=Hú Lí]The Black Fox Fox Spirit (Changeling) Bard 2
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 19
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:17

:bmelee: +3 vs. AC, 1d6-1 damage

HP:11/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fox Spirit Disguise, Wild Shape, Staggering Note, Vicious Mockery
Blunder, Fox Spirit Trick, Grasping Claws, Majestic Word x2, Words of Friendship
Stirring Shout, Canon of Avoidance

Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares of the Black Fox, the Fox may slide the ally 1 square as a free action.

Conditions:
none
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases