[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Pentius

First Post
OOC: I approve of your idea of handling a small party of cannibals as a skill challenge, but I want to take them all. This adventure, I don't know whether it's your running of it or the writing, but I care for our campmates. I want to take all these cannibals at once, or as much as we can. These guys threaten Sasha and Ishirou, well, screw them. They get to be corpses now. I'll do a skill challenge and a combat, or two combats, or whatever it takes. These bastards get to be corpses now.

jbear

First Post
OOC: I agree with Pentius. The cannibals threaten our NPC allies. Kane cares alot more about them than the others he hasn't met and harbours deep doubts about their character in any case. I would like to go for a big group with skill challenge and fight. As for what to do with the Irregulars, I'm not really sure. I miss them that's for sure. Having him return to camp to warn the others seems like a decent solution. But why would he need to go with Pezock? If anyone can get back to camp unharmed, it's the Irregulars! Maybe Pezock can stay with us and make up for the Irregulars temporary absence? Are you going to write up the rules for the challenge like the Camp challenge?

Pentius

First Post
OOC: I can't say I'll do a good job, I know nothing about 4e druids, but if no one else steps up, I will run the Irregulars. Hopefully, PA drains soon and twilsy gets back to us, but I am willing to do a (probably bad)job of running the Irregulars in the meantime. I checked the news the other day, and it seems unlikely twils is having fun.

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: I'm cool with letting Pentius take reigns of the Irregulars. I know he is an adaptable 4e player!

Also, this big, scary dragonborn thinks that there is no greater honor (at least, available on this island) than to rip these cannibals limb from limb. I'd like to battle the larger group of them!

Also, I'd like for the bird-man to be with us when we kill these posers. He might not manually get his own revenge, but he'd definitely be satisfied knowing that they were slain by our hand.

As for our friends back at camp, would the Irregulars be able to get back on their own and warn them?

Mewness

First Post
OOC: The reason that I suggested that Pezock go is that he is fresh; everyone else (including the Irregulars) has been walking all day, and having them walk all the way back without a proper rest would be stretching things too far. Pezock could carry someone small (a couple of Irregulars or even Gelik).

But never mind: there's a much better idea that hadn't occurred to me before. Dartmoor can use his Animal Messenger ritual to tell Sasha that there are cannibals about and that she needs to conceal any traces leading to your camp. I'm sure he wouldn't mind spending the ritual components, and everyone can assist him in making the Nature check.

"If I could," says Pezock, "I would murder every one of them in their beds. Eh, Pearl? If they even have beds. It is no more than they tried to do to me, and no more than they would do to you.

"Here is what I think. If we go to my old camp now, we will get there before the rain and can take shelter. After the rain, three or four of you could remain in the camp, pretending to be settling there. The rest of us must remain concealed.

"One or another of the hunting parties will come along the trail to check the traps after the rain. If they see activity in the camp, they will come stealthily to investigate. They will probably not attack, as they will be few--but if they do, we shall easily defeat them, and have only to regret that there were not more. Most likely they will observe the camp from hiding for a while, and then they will go back to their own camp and organize a raiding party.

"They will attack at night, and we shall be ready for them. There is much risk. We must be sneakier than the cannibals. They must underestimate our numbers. And the worst possibility is that they do not attack the same night--but I rather think they will. I think it can be done."

jbear

First Post
A grin from ear to ear, Kane gets to his feet. His sword flies back into his hand. He sheathes it immeadiately.

"R-ready."

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí nods.

"Our strong warriors will need to stay hidden," she says, "which will be difficult. Perhaps if we bind you with rags, you can appear to be gravely wounded if by some chance they see you. The rest of us will appear harmless and distressed, but we must keep a watchful eye. We will have only seconds once they attack, and we wish to ensure that they do not escape. The trappers must become trapped!"

She taps on her drum once again for emphasis.

Mewness

First Post
GM: Just need everyone to confirm that they're ok with this plan so I can try to design the next encounter. I'm going to make the skill challenge more flexible than the last one, so variations on Pezock's idea will certainly work, and PCs will get a chance to be creative with skills.

Assuming you're all OK with the basic idea, you need to divide yourselves into two groups: group A (the Ambushers) will be trying to stay hidden, observe the cannibals, and get into the best positions from which to jump them. Group B (the Bait) will be sitting around in the camp pretending that nothing strange is going on.

Although this challenge will make more allowances for player creativity than the last one, you will probably want one or two Bluffers in group B, and some Stealth/Nature skill in group A. Pezock thinks that about 3 people is the right amount for B.

Pezock and Gelik need to be assigned to groups as well. Gelik's skills are Arcana +11, Bluff +7. Pezock's are Bluff +11, Stealth +10 (but he will want to be in group A, as he might be recognized by cannibals if he is in B).

Pentius

First Post
OOC: I am on board with this plan. I would like to be among the ambushers, as I have better physical skills than social ones. I think Gelik is well suited to being Bait, as he is small and can bluff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases