[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki makes his way out of the ship, skipping most of the showing off as he goes over the rocks. The nature of the wood he found in the ship has been tugging at his curiosity. "What are these fragments? They beg for my attention like a lonely spirit. Perhaps the Captain's little spirits will know." he thinks.

Reaching the others, he casually sets down the wineskins and approaches Captain Dartmoor and a nearby batch of Irregulars. He takes off his satchel and opens it, squatting down to show them the contents. "Captain, what do you and your men make of these wood fragments? They seem?...well?"

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=marching order]There are six PCs and five NPCs. We could go three PCs in front, then the NPCs then three PCs in back.

Assuming we're not going to be walking three or more abreast from the jungle, how's this work?

Code:
Castile     Takahaan
Sasha       Noriaki
Ishirou     Gelik
Aerys       Jade
Hú Lí       Dartmoor Irregulars
with Alkas acting as rearguard.
This way we have one leader and one defender at either end.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with that marching order

"Hmm. Let me take a look at those." He strides forward and takes the largest of the remains of the staff. "Mm-hmm..." he grunts contemplatively. As he's examining the splinters, the piskies and grigs all perk up at once. It's almost like a pack of predators that have heard a call telling them of wounded prey. They surge forward and swarm over the bag.

Moments later they flit away, each carrying a piece of the staff. Some are replacing axe hafts while others are working the wood into their shields. The Pict appears to have a new toothpick. Johnathan Michael affixes a blue swath of fabrick to one of the longest splinters and creates a banner.

"Thank you for that." The Captain says to Noriaki with a bow. "A touch of home is always appreciated. It should certainly help morale. Not that it's suffering in such exciting times."

Cleverusername

First Post
Alkas follows his allies across the rocks, and follows in their struggles across the slippery surfaces, falling and jamming a sharp corner into his shin.

Once back on shore, Alkas binds his wounds and listens to Hú Lí 's suggestions for how best to move through the area. He nods at the wise words.

[sblock=ooc]
Good with marching order too
athletics (no shield equipped) (1d20+8=11) [/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Sasha looks to the southeast and shades her eyes, trying to figure out what Captain Dartmoor and his troops are seeing. "There's water out there? How can you tell?"

Jade perks up as the others return from the wreck. "Do you find the key to unlock me?" he asks anxiously.

[sblock=ooc]I assume everyone's all right with following Dartmoor's suggestion to go southeast?[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
At Jade's words, Noriaki remembers the small key he had found in Mecatl's pouch. He reaches into his satchel to look for it, but finds only a small splinter of the staff, halfway strung with a bit of cobweb into a fiddlestick. Looking around quickly, he spots the smallest grig, Jeremy, a foot away on the sand. Jeremy has the small key in both hands, swinging it around as if conducting a tiny symphony. Noriaki gently grabs the end of the key and pulls it away, offering the fiddlestick in exchange.

Key in hand, he goes over to Jade and tries it on the manacles.

OOC: Southeast is good with me.

I hope you don't mind me stealing one of the grigs for a moment, Twilsemail, but if you do, I'll change it.

Mewness

First Post
Jade is immensely relieved as Noriaki frees him from his shackles using the little key. He gets up, bowing to his benefactors and rubbing his wrists and ankles. "I am so very grateful, I cannot tell you," he says. "You do not ever regret dis in the future, I promise!"

GROMkill

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Takahaan failed the Athletics check earlier, losing a healing surge.[/sblock]
His bag teeming with supplies scavenged from the half-sunk wreckage of the Jenivere, Takahaan stumbles across the algae-covered rocks, falling a few times. However, the dragonborn continues on, making sure he has a steady grip on his bag with the supplies.

After reaching the shore, he notices the heightened morale that his companions have brought. The dwarf had been released from his manacles, and the Irregulars were fondling their new staff pieces. Addressing those nearest him, Takahaan begins to speak.

"In addition to the wineskins, the key for Jade, and the shattered staff, we were able to salvage a few more things from the wreckage. I carried what supplies I could from the storage." Noticing more eyes were on him than originally intended, Takahaan feels a slight urge to lighten the mood. "I hope you all like hardtack," he says, cringing at his weak attempt at humor.

Looking to Castile, Takahaan squints his eyes, racking his memory. "I saw you holding a logbook of some sort. Is it of any interest to us?"

Mewness

First Post
Water has blurred the writing in the logbook. It is still readable, but only barely--looking at it in any detail is likely to take several hours. One thing that becomes noticeable just from flipping to a few random pages is that most of the entries contain lists of items with figures, whereas the last few pages are filled top to bottom with dense prose.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases