[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Who has the highest perception? Castile is trained at +8. If that's not the highest, I'll aid.
Edit: I guess Dartmoor's is higher.

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: We may, at some point, wish to start using Aid Another. I've got the best chance at this, I think, and I need a 14+ at the moment. We are, after all, only hoping for 1 success and the DC of an Aid Another is quite a bit lower.

OOC: Takahaan's Aid Another check for Dartmoor's Perception. 1d20=13 Did I do it right?

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Dartmoor has/have a +11 for this roll. +9 Perception +2 Nature

[MENTION=6676989]GROMkill[/MENTION], that's about right as far as I can tell.

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki, feeling a bit perkier after eating more than his share of lunch, does his best to keep his eyes out for clues.

[sblock=mechanics]Aid Another: 1d20+1=11 Hooray! A 10![/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: So Dartmoor now has three PC's aiding him, and he has a +17 for the roll, so he can roll 8 and up. If we get one more, (which the cap is 4 people aiding, right?) he will have like a 3/4 chance of making the roll :p

Mewness

First Post
GM: There's no formal cap on the number of people who can aid another (the Rules Compendium suggests that the DM might limit the number to "less than four" or "none" under some circumstances, without being terribly specific as to what those are).

My own inclination with respect to limiting aid another attempts would be to have an especially bad check--say, ≤5+(level/2)--inflict a -2 penalty on the main check rather than simply having no effect. Some "help" is just plain worse than nothing.

But I don't want to start hurling house rules around willy-nilly. If you all want to aid Dartmoor, go ahead.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Kane is likely to trample on vital evidence, and not see much more than his own bootprints, he'll keep a healthy distance to not get in the way.

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79628]twilsemail[/MENTION] Sweet, you got 4 PC's aiding you. Here, let me blow on your dice! Roll, my friend, roll! The fate of the whole campaign lies on your shoulders alone.

Pentius

First Post
Searching for tracks through the jungle, Noriaki sees something interesting. He leaps forward to check it out, and springs back abruptly. In the space he almost landed in, little Jeremy plays his fiddle, oblivious to the danger. Noriaki admonishes the littlest grig, "Jeremy! It is good for you that you play that fiddle, or else I may have stepped on you. You should be more careful where you play." Noriaki reaches down and picks Jeremy up, placing the grig on his shoulder. "Play from here, little kami. It is much safer, and I can enjoy your music better." Noriaki looks to the terrain, trying to find the point of interest again, but he seems to have lost it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases