[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Post edited per below. Swing and a miss x2

Undaunted by the dive bomb attack, Castile stands up and wipes the dust off her cloak. She then turns and charges at the bird that Takahaan just lured in, entirely disregarding the one that attacked her. She makes a sweeping blow with her axe and nearly takes her comrades' heads off.

[sblock=Castile actions / stats]Move: stand up.

Minor: Dwarven Resilience. Spend a surge, gain 13 hp, and gain +2 defenses TSNT.

Standard: Charge vs Pscream 1, moving to K5. MBA vs Pscreamosaur 1 misses AC 16, and it's marked. (1d20+9+1=16)

Taka-Free: Charge vs Pscream 1, moving to M7 for flanking. MBA vs Pscreamosaur 1 misses AC 16. (1d20+9+2+1=16)

The mark vs Pneckosaur 2 ends.

PC:Castile (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Dwarf Fighter 4
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:21, Fort:20, Reflex:17, Will:16, +5 saves vs poison, Speed:5
HP:38/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:12/13
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
+2 defenses TSNT (not included above)

Powers
MBA: Waraxe, +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage and gain 4 THP (see Combat notes below)
RBA: Waraxe, +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, 6/12
Combat Challenge, Pass Forward
Crushing Surge, Tide of Iron
Bold Victory, Dwarven Resilience, Guardian's Counter, Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block
Comeback Strike, Dwarven Thrower Waraxe, Second Chance

Combat notes: +2 melee / close damage with THP, +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
[/sblock][sblock=Immediate actions]1. Shield Edge Block when an adjacent enemy hits Castile with a close or melee attack and would have missed with a -4 penalty to the attack. Immediate Interrupt, +8 vs Fort, 2d6+4 damage and +4 THP. Effect: The target takes a -4 penalty to the triggering attack.

2. Combat Challenge when an adjacent enemy marked by Castile shifts or attacks an ally and doesn't include her in the attack. Immediate Interrupt, MBA vs AC. On a hit, the target is also pushed 1 if that would force it out of range for its triggering attack (no push otherwise).

3. Guardian's Counter when an ally within 2 squares of Castile is attacked and she isn't included. Immediate Interrupt, Castile and the ally switch places and she is the target instead. After the attack, she makes a basic attack vs the attacker.

4. Opportunity Attack as usual, 1/turn. MBA+2 vs AC. On a hit, the target stops moving (if a move provoked the OA).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
GM: [MENTION=6676989]GROMkill[/MENTION] -- Castile is prone at the start of the PCs' turn. There's nothing to stop people from charging while prone, but she'd have to be within 2 of the target. If you pull it to, say, M8, she can crawl over and thump it =)

Edit: To stop a violent spate of retcons, I suggest you take your turn after Castile's as Dekana suggested.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I'm entirely up for charging while prone, hehehe. If Taka agrees with the new move, I'll edit my post (keeping the roll).

Mewness

First Post
GM: Yup, nothing in the power description confines it to a basic attack.

I'm going to assume that Taka's turn takes place as stated, but after Castile's. Castile misses with her initial charge, then makes an additional charge with lamb to the slaughter. She is in M7. Pscream 1 is in N7.

GROMkill

First Post
GM: Yup, nothing in the power description confines it to a basic attack.

I'm going to assume that Taka's turn takes place as stated, but after Castile's. Castile misses with her initial charge, then makes an additional charge with lamb to the slaughter. She is in M7. Pscream 1 is in N7.

OOC: Ahhh, thank you so much. Please forgive my impatience and my lack of attention to details >_>

Pentius

First Post
Seeing that his own bird is distracted, and hearing the fiery breath of Takahaan, Noriaki turns to see his friend. Smiling knowingly, he charges at the pterosaur, but as he grows close, it turns and buffets him with a wing, preventing Noriaki from drawing successfully.

[sblock=mechanics]
Charge to N8 with Howling Strike
Attack Roll: 1d20+11=14

132527665020.jpg
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Rats! What a flurry of posting! I really want to pull out Kane's new power ... but it will cause so much retconning it would just be a mess ...

I really want to pull out Dimensional Vortex on the Pterosaur that nailed Castile ... this would mean she wasn't prone for the charge. And I could drop that massive hit the Pterosaur landed her with on one of the other birds ...

Argh! If only I had been quicker!!

Thoughts? [MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION] Should I just sit on it this time and let let the game flow?

Will post after I've received a few sage opinions (especially your opinion Mewness) on what is best to do about immeadiate actions in a case like this. :)

Oh, and thanks for adjusting the fey beasty companion on my sheet!! Looks great!! (I didn't know you could do that!)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: I think it's a bit too complicated to change the sequence now, but I'll try to remember Dimensional Vortex in the future. Sorry about that.

Kane and Hú Lí still to go. Oh and Noriaki still has his regular turn to take as well.

GROMkill

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Rats! What a flurry of posting! I really want to pull out Kane's new power ... but it will cause so much retconning it would just be a mess ...

I really want to pull out Dimensional Vortex on the Pterosaur that nailed Castile ... this would mean she wasn't prone for the charge. And I could drop that massive hit the Pterosaur landed her with on one of the other birds ...

Argh! If only I had been quicker!!

Thoughts? @Mewness Should I just sit on it this time and let let the game flow?

Will post after I've received a few sage opinions (especially your opinion Mewness) on what is best to do about immeadiate actions in a case like this. :)

Oh, and thanks for adjusting the fey beasty companion on my sheet!! Looks great!! (I didn't know you could do that!)
[/sblock]

OOC: You and I should mimic Dekana and create an immediate reaction box for Mewness to use. That way, your Dimensional Vortex and my Vengeance is Mine won't have to violently uproot the flow of the play-by-post :D

Remove ads