[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Takahaan will use Hu Li's Majestic Word as well as spend a healing surge. 6/8 surges and 38/39 HP.

I think we should bring Ishirou. Also, have we explored D2 on the map? If not, we definitely should before we start combing the west coast. Hey, wait, why am I not doing this IC? :D

As Takahaan and the rest of the group return to the campsite, he greets his friends there with joy. Approaching Jade, he asks him about the ledgers. "So, Jade, have you found anything more within those dense books? Anything that will save your skin, my friend?"

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki's mouth moves silently as his chick grows into a young bird, left speechless by the sudden magic display. The beginnings of half a dozen questions come out of him before the Captain explains the potion's effect is random and he realizes the Captain probably doesn't have the answers he seeks.

As the rest of the group prepares to head out again, Noriaki sets Imidoto down on a log near the firepit. "You have to stay here, Imidoto. I'll be back later tonight." As he turns and walks away, his shoulders hunch in anticipation of the squawking complaints, but to his surprise, none are voiced.

Instead, after a few steps, a weight hits Noriaki's shoulder and digs her claws in.

OOC: Noriaki will spend two surges, which, with Song of Rest, brings him up to full. 7/9 remaining.

jbear

First Post
"Where are we g-going?"

Kane flips his coin into the air, a grin spread from ear to ear, keen to head back out from camp.

BenBrown

First Post
"I do not think we should go far today," Hú Lí says. "But soon, soon we should move on."--she taps her drum--"Move our camp."--another tap--"Captain Kovack and the woman Ieana are still around."--tap--"And they may hold the key to our leaving this place."--tap--"For while we have proved we can survive here."--tap--"Living here is not our goal."--tap--"Our goal is. . . escape!"

jbear

First Post
"H-hu, as always s-speaks s-sense."

Kane pauses for a while as though the bard's words have made him think beyond his desire to explore wrecks and find hidden treasures, his coin spinning rhythmically into the air.

"You know ... w-we found the f-first signs of your c-captain not far f-from a wreck on the coast. It's not f-far and w-we haven't ex-exp-p-plored it yet. M-maybe they l-left s-some sign there? S-something that might give a c-clue as t-to what they w-would do n-next?"

It looks as though Kane has more to say but the sentence has left him exhausted.

OOC: We could cross that wreck off our 'to do list' in fairly short order before the day ends, which would remove another possible wreck for the final minor quest we have active, and, maybe it is even possible that the captain and his succubus have left some sign deliberately or otherwise if they went there themselves. They were pretty nearby. And then we could head down the coast through the area that remains in shadow the next day in search of a new spot to make camp more towards the South. Maybe even take over the cannibal's camp if we could find it.

GROMkill

First Post
"You know ... w-we found the f-first signs of your c-captain not far f-from a wreck on the coast. It's not f-far and w-we haven't ex-exp-p-plored it yet. M-maybe they l-left s-some sign there? S-something that might give a c-clue as t-to what they w-would do n-next?"

It looks as though Kane has more to say but the sentence has left him exhausted.

Takahaan nods to Kane, thinking the same. "It's worth a try. If it turns out to be the Nightvoice, that would be useful as well. Well, shall we?"

Turning to Noriaki, he asks, in a low voice, "Maybe we should bring Ishirou along for this one. It couldn't hurt having another warrior with us this time. Sasha and the Captain's men should be sufficient in case trouble arises here."

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Just to clarify: the D2 wreck is definitely not the Nightvoice (it lacks the distinctive figurehead). But you can certainly go ahead and search it if you like--it is pretty close by.

About moving the camp: where to? There aren't really any ideal spots that you've seen, but there are some possibilities:

The bare-topped hill (K): very nice vantage point, but no convenient access to water (you can collect rain water, but you won't be as comfortable as you were camping near a stream).

One of the old camps (I1, I2, I3): the NPCs would refuse to camp in the cannibals' murdering grounds even if anyone thought it was a good idea.

Somewhere in the unexplored region that I have marked with a pink splotch: You know that this is high ground, as you've walked around the ridge, and you also know that a stream flows down from it, as it joins the other stream at point E. So it's definitely a possiblity.

Somewhere in the region that I have marked with a purple splotch: Again, you know that this is high ground, but you don't know what the water situation is.

Just food for thought. I'll assume that we'll go on to the shipwreck at D2 unless there are violent objections.

Attachments

• ShivMaptemp.jpg
    ShivMaptemp.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 74

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases