[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki looks up at Pezock, his hand going to his hip. "Numbers count for little, when a true warrior takes the field."

Noriaki nods at Takahaan's plan. "We smaller warriors can be concealed easier, this is true. Besides, an injured warrior seems more believable than a lone musician."

jbear

First Post
"The w-wounded and the p-person who helped them f-from the p-pit. B-both can p-play a part. A n-noisy healing c-ceremony?"

Kane doesn't even realise he's seen a flash of pointy teeth, his growing excitement palpable.

OOC: Were there actual huts at the second campsite that we can use to hide in?

Pentius

First Post
The excitement begins to take root in Noriaki, as well. His movements and speech become more animated. "Yes, this could work. But who to do the farce ceremony? I can put on an official looking ritual, but perhaps it would be better if it were someone unarmed. I know not every member of our band needs a weapon to be dangerous."

Mewness

First Post
Pezock considers. "It would be easy enough to ambush some of them while they were checking a trap," he says. "But we would only get two or three--a hunting party, most likely--and then the others might become suspicious when they failed to return. But if we could convince them that there are only a few of us, staying in one of the campsites, and attract an entire raiding party!"

GM: Both the campsites you saw have shelters in them. The closer one (the one Pezock and his friends were staying in) is in better shape, although either one could be fixed up fairly easily.

Dekana

Explorer
Castile, so far quiet in the discussion, responds to that idea.

"Good! I'd rather face these murderers in a straight-up fight than through some ruse."

BenBrown

First Post
"We will still need a ruse," Hú Lí says, "if only to convince them that we are weak. I can not think they would be anything but reluctant to attack well-armed warriors. But we do not need to fight them now. There are other tasks we have, and we wish to make sure our friends are safe as well."

jbear

First Post
OOC: Okay, so what's the plan? Explore a bit more til it rains? Then after the rain prepare the ruse to attract the hunting party to us tonight? Votes? I haven't seen a post from the Captain and the Company for a while. Are we a player down?

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: I'm down to get the trap-plan rolling quick, and then get back to our allies. And yes, twils' area had massive flooding, so I've heard, and he is probably not able to post due to huge amounts of water bothering everyone :/

Mewness

First Post
GM: Getting back to your own camp tonight is not really feasible (I suppose some really extreme Endurance checks might enable you to do it, but you'd be in no condition to do anything for quite a while afterward even if you succeeded).

If you want to try to intercept some cannibals, I'll handle it as a skill challenge (a small hunting party is not going to be any sort of match for you in a fight; the only question is whether any of them manage to get away or not).

Ambushing a larger group of cannibals at once will require careful planning and more time, and will be a skill challenge + fight.

If an encounter starts, would anyone be willing to run the Irregulars while twilsemail is gone?

Once possibility that occurs to me is that you could persuade Pezock, who hasn't been walking all day, to go to your camp and warn the others of the danger, with some of the Irregulars to guide him (and to ensure that the others trust him when he gets there). I wouldn't normally suggest this or allow the Irregulars to split up this way, but it's an excuse for them to be temporarily off-screen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases