[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=OOC][MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] You still have the trail (Castile made the last difficult perception roll). But you took a small detour to gather berries. Ieana and Kovack continued south along the river.

The hill you're camping on is too overgrown to be the one in the picture. You can't see the eastern coastline from it. Assuming that the hill you're looking for is still bare of jungle, as it is in the picture, you will probably be able to recognize it when you see it.

To all: It's worth bearing in mind that you have no idea how large the island is or whether Ieana and Kovack are still on the move. They're at least a day ahead of you, so who knows whether you can catch up to them in the course of the day (and you can only go so far if you want to return to your own camp for the night).[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
OOC: Okay, that's cool. Let's say Kane just has the impression the trail has been lost as the path has circled them back towards camp, but someone with decent perception can set him straight, so I won't change his previous post.

And if from here it were possible to pick up the trail again if we were to leave it now and pick it up early tomorrow morning for example, it could be interesting to check out the shipwreck so I'll leave that as kane's proposal, but bow happily to the group consensus if we want to see how far we can follow the trail before turning back to camp.

GROMkill

First Post
"Hm." Takahaan grunts, very interested in listening to the origin of his new blade. "Otaruhi Nodachi." he repeats, seemingly enjoying the sound of the sword's title, as he takes the sword from Noriaki's grip and swings it again, lightly. The short arc of the light swing makes a heavy "voosh" noise as it cuts through the air effortlessly.

Grasping the worn hilt powerfully with his right hand, the dragonborn raises Otaruhi to the air above him, gritting his teeth and focusing his concentration. Takahaan chants loudly, in Tsugo: "Otaruhi Nodachi! Release your power to me; your power given to you by the great sword-creator Hideo, and granted to you by the Great Ice Dragon. As I hold you above me, let your strength intertwine with mine!" He lets out a ferocious battle-cry, his massive dragonborn maw wide-open, his sharp teeth showing for all to see.

In a surprising sight, the humid jungle air condenses into frosty waves that float and twist around the blade in sporadic, beautiful motions. The dancing, frosty air begins to cling to the surface of the blade, its patterns lessening as the particles settle on the hard steel. As the icy air surrounds the sword, it rapidly transforms into a thin layer of razor-sharp ice encasing the blade's edge.

The dragonborn lowers Otaruhi Nodachi and turns to his human friend, his eyes gleaming with honor and joy. "I have done it, friend. I thank you greatly. With this Hideo blade, I shall vanquish my foes with the power of the Great Ice Dragon."

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki smiles wanly. "Glad I could help. I'm sure he will be happy to be wielded by a living warrior, instead of a dead plant. But did someone speak of lunch? I'm starving." As if to punctuate his sentence, Noriaki's stomach gurgles loudly.

OOC: The upgrade on Kane's sword was really cool. Would it be possible to have Noriaki's upgraded as opposed to replaced? When the time comes, of course. Besides, a magic sword won't do me much good now unless it is a sword of "Roll more than 3 on the dice" ;)

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: I'll be spending 3 Surges to get back up to full. Man I'm glad Con is a required stat for Druids...

The Captain stirs with care from his men and the lovely song played by Hu Li. He looks terrible, but seeing his friends (both the fae and those from the ship) still alive and kicking brings him to his feet. He is obviously wounded. The fight took a good deal from him and there is a spot on his shirt that appears to be soaked in pus.

"A hunt? I... Yes. My men and I can certainly hunt down some... something." He shakes his head, hoping to clear the fog. The Pict walks over to his commander and holds his hand over the captain's chest. He shakes his head and looks disapproving at the older fae.

"I don't want to hear it. I'll be fine and you know it." A stern look from the Pict draws a bit more from him, "Alright, I'll take it easy until the wound has been purged."

The Captain looks southward, into the woods. "I can't believe Benjamin left without taking tea..."

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: I was being too parsimonious with my surges; I'm going to spend another one to get Takahaan to full HP, leaving him with 4/8 surges left.

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Noriaki still needs to heal, I think.

If there are no strong dissenting opinions, I'll assume that the party goes on following Ieana and Kovack after lunch.

[MENTION=6676736]Pentius[/MENTION]: I can't give you a weapon-of-rolling-better-than-a-3, because then everyone will want one. I'll try to find an excuse to upgrade Noriaki's sword, though.[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
OOC: Good call on the healing. Iirc, Noriaki is at 21/33. I'll spend a surge for 8, +4 from Hu Li should get me to full, and 6/9 surges left.

Mewness

First Post
The Pict finds a good fishing spot near the river and has little difficulty in catching some for lunch. Much refreshed, the adventurers retrace their steps to the point at which Castile thought that Ieana and Kovack crossed the river. On the other side, they find again that traces of their quarry's passage are scarce. The river continues to the south, and a ridge ascends south-southwest. Between the river and the ridge, the jungle reasserts itself.

[sblock=Perception 25 (active only; +2 to the check if trained in Nature)]It looks as though they neither entered the jungle again, nor continued to follow the river. Rather, they followed the ridge south, walking along the lower side.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: We may, at some point, wish to start using Aid Another. I've got the best chance at this, I think, and I need a 14+ at the moment. We are, after all, only hoping for 1 success and the DC of an Aid Another is quite a bit lower.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases