[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
"It's not hard to find," says Pezock dubiously. "You go west from my house for a couple of miles and you'll see it to the north. But you'll need to cross over at low tide, when you can walk over the reef. I wouldn't want to chance the swim."

"Kovack and Ieana were heading south," says Gelik. "It's unlikely that they went there, unless they doubled back somewhere. Our human friend here likes a bit of danger to stir his blood. It's a wonder he's survived this long."

"I wouldn't mind a bit of danger myself," says Aerys. "Hearing about all these cannibals and plants and things each night when back to camp is making me jumpy. Maybe it's crazy, but I feel as though I want to see what we're facing in person."

jbear

First Post
"A-are we s-sure they went s-south? I thought w-we l-lost their t-trail at the c-crossroads? I w-would see what the Allarians l-left behind. M-maybe a boat. A t-ticket home."

Kane looks at Aerys as if he is about to say something. Colour comes to his face and he drops his eyes and his head, awaiting his companions to voice their opinions on where they should head next.

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Checking the thread, it looks as though you lost Ieana and Kovack's trail at some point on the path. But there is this remark from when you first met Pezock, which nobody ever followed up on--

“There were two I saw a couple of days ago; they are not your friends as well?”

OOC: So there's a bit more information to be had on Ieana and Kovack--it just got lost in the shuffle. Pezock actually saw them going south from the old campsite nearest his place.

Dekana

Explorer
Castile sits close to Jade as usual, smiling as he explains his find.

"I still can hardly believe we found the ship," Castile says. "But I'm glad it was such a help. You'll be able to go home for sure! But then, you would miss all this fun of being an adventurer on a savage island..."

OOC: I think we should probably follow Ieana and Kovack south. The captain might actually be in danger from Ieana, so it's more urgent than exploration.

I'm okay with taking Aerys along on the next trip out, if just to give her a taste of danger and adventure.

GROMkill

First Post
"It's not hard to find," says Pezock dubiously. "You go west from my house for a couple of miles and you'll see it to the north. But you'll need to cross over at low tide, when you can walk over the reef. I wouldn't want to chance the swim."

"Kovack and Ieana were heading south," says Gelik. "It's unlikely that they went there, unless they doubled back somewhere. Our human friend here likes a bit of danger to stir his blood. It's a wonder he's survived this long.

The dragonborn speaks up as he lets Gelik finish. "Ah, but Pezock had said that he saw two others on the island. Perhaps they ARE in that area."

Turning to the kenku, Takahaan speaks again. "The two that you mentioned... can you describe them? What were they wearing, and where exactly were they headed? Did you speak to them?"

Mewness

First Post
Pezock looks a little uncomfortable. "A man and a woman," he says. "They were--I don't know, kind of strange. The woman looked up and down the paths very carefully. She never looked at the man or spoke to him at all. And all the while he just sort of looked at her, silently. Then they set off to the south, without a word. I was originally intending to talk to them--Pearl and I, we hadn't seen anyone on the Shiv for such a long time, and we were so excited--but.... They didn't seem right. I stayed hidden until they went away. That was probably--if they continued south, the cannibals almost certainly killed them."

BenBrown

First Post
"Perhaps, perhaps not." Hú Lí says, "Still, we should follow. If she examined the different paths and then chose one, then she must be going somewhere in particular. If she is doing that, that place is something we should know about."

jbear

First Post
Kane bites his lip. Literally. He lets out a resigned sigh, obviously displeased to be heading after this captain fellow and his mistress. He folds his arms and crosses his legs glowering slightly.

"A-alright. L-let's g-go south f-first. Then t-to the A-allarians."

Mewness

First Post
"If you're going south, you're taking me and Pearl!" Pezock declares, glowering at Aerys.

Aerys shrugs. "If it's that important to you, I won't get between a bird and his revenge."

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki nods. "Kovack is a captain, a man of command. Something might be wrong, for him to be acting so passive. We shall pursue him. Ishirou, you shall remain here and guard the camp. I'm counting on you."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases