D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 106




What's on your mind?

  1. #1051
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ý Ignore GROMkill
    OOC: Takahaan will use Hu Li's Majestic Word as well as spend a healing surge. 6/8 surges and 38/39 HP.

    I think we should bring Ishirou. Also, have we explored D2 on the map? If not, we definitely should before we start combing the west coast. Hey, wait, why am I not doing this IC?


    As Takahaan and the rest of the group return to the campsite, he greets his friends there with joy. Approaching Jade, he asks him about the ledgers. "So, Jade, have you found anything more within those dense books? Anything that will save your skin, my friend?"
    Last edited by GROMkill; Tuesday, 6th March, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

 

  • #1052
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ý Ignore Pentius
    My communities:

    Noriaki's mouth moves silently as his chick grows into a young bird, left speechless by the sudden magic display. The beginnings of half a dozen questions come out of him before the Captain explains the potion's effect is random and he realizes the Captain probably doesn't have the answers he seeks.

    As the rest of the group prepares to head out again, Noriaki sets Imidoto down on a log near the firepit. "You have to stay here, Imidoto. I'll be back later tonight." As he turns and walks away, his shoulders hunch in anticipation of the squawking complaints, but to his surprise, none are voiced.

    Instead, after a few steps, a weight hits Noriaki's shoulder and digs her claws in.


    OOC: Noriaki will spend two surges, which, with Song of Rest, brings him up to full. 7/9 remaining.
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #1053
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,005

    Ý Ignore jbear
    "Where are we g-going?"

    Kane flips his coin into the air, a grin spread from ear to ear, keen to head back out from camp.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1054
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ý Ignore Mewness
    OOC: D2 has not yet been explored, no.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #1055
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    "I do not think we should go far today," Hķ LŪ says. "But soon, soon we should move on."--she taps her drum--"Move our camp."--another tap--"Captain Kovack and the woman Ieana are still around."--tap--"And they may hold the key to our leaving this place."--tap--"For while we have proved we can survive here."--tap--"Living here is not our goal."--tap--"Our goal is. . . escape!"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #1056
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,005

    Ý Ignore jbear
    "H-hu, as always s-speaks s-sense."

    Kane pauses for a while as though the bard's words have made him think beyond his desire to explore wrecks and find hidden treasures, his coin spinning rhythmically into the air.

    "You know ... w-we found the f-first signs of your c-captain not far f-from a wreck on the coast. It's not f-far and w-we haven't ex-exp-p-plored it yet. M-maybe they l-left s-some sign there? S-something that might give a c-clue as t-to what they w-would do n-next?"

    It looks as though Kane has more to say but the sentence has left him exhausted.

    OOC: We could cross that wreck off our 'to do list' in fairly short order before the day ends, which would remove another possible wreck for the final minor quest we have active, and, maybe it is even possible that the captain and his succubus have left some sign deliberately or otherwise if they went there themselves. They were pretty nearby. And then we could head down the coast through the area that remains in shadow the next day in search of a new spot to make camp more towards the South. Maybe even take over the cannibal's camp if we could find it.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1057
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    OOC: Sounds good to me. Let's go!
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #1058
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ý Ignore Pentius
    My communities:

    OOC: Works for me, too!
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #1059
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ý Ignore GROMkill
    Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post

    "You know ... w-we found the f-first signs of your c-captain not far f-from a wreck on the coast. It's not f-far and w-we haven't ex-exp-p-plored it yet. M-maybe they l-left s-some sign there? S-something that might give a c-clue as t-to what they w-would do n-next?"

    It looks as though Kane has more to say but the sentence has left him exhausted.
    Takahaan nods to Kane, thinking the same. "It's worth a try. If it turns out to be the Nightvoice, that would be useful as well. Well, shall we?"

    Turning to Noriaki, he asks, in a low voice, "Maybe we should bring Ishirou along for this one. It couldn't hurt having another warrior with us this time. Sasha and the Captain's men should be sufficient in case trouble arises here."
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #1060
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ý Ignore Mewness
    OOC: Just to clarify: the D2 wreck is definitely not the Nightvoice (it lacks the distinctive figurehead). But you can certainly go ahead and search it if you like--it is pretty close by.

    About moving the camp: where to? There aren't really any ideal spots that you've seen, but there are some possibilities:

    The bare-topped hill (K): very nice vantage point, but no convenient access to water (you can collect rain water, but you won't be as comfortable as you were camping near a stream).

    One of the old camps (I1, I2, I3): the NPCs would refuse to camp in the cannibals' murdering grounds even if anyone thought it was a good idea.

    Somewhere in the unexplored region that I have marked with a pink splotch: You know that this is high ground, as you've walked around the ridge, and you also know that a stream flows down from it, as it joins the other stream at point E. So it's definitely a possiblity.

    Somewhere in the region that I have marked with a purple splotch: Again, you know that this is high ground, but you don't know what the water situation is.

    Just food for thought. I'll assume that we'll go on to the shipwreck at D2 unless there are violent objections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShivMaptemp.jpg  
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 189
      Last Post: Saturday, 27th July, 2013, 04:16 AM
    2. PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 793
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 05:03 PM
    3. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM
    4. Adventure Ideas for Skull & Bones
      By Calico_Jack73 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd January, 2004, 01:26 AM
    5. [Serpent Amphora] Has anyone run the 3-part adventure series?
      By Wraith Form in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Monday, 10th November, 2003, 06:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •