D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 109




What's on your mind?

  1. #1081
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ý Ignore Dekana
    Castile glares at the lobster as it scuttles off, wondering if it may return with its friends. As she turns back to look inland, she notices some odd movement in the ship.
    ...What was that? she wonders, trying to sort out exactly what she just saw. Castile stares at the ship for a few moments, hoping she'll see it again. She's about to give up when she sees it again: the shadows in the ship are moving by themselves!

    "Gah!" she shouts. "Everyone, draw your weapons! There are shadows moving in the ship, and they are not ours!"

    OOC: No point in taking chances, I say. Sound the alarm!
    Last edited by Dekana; Tuesday, 20th March, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

 

  • #1082
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ý Ignore GROMkill
    Takahaan quickly slips Otaruhi Nodachi from its decorated sheath. He stands side-by-side with Kane, motioning for him to unsheath his weapon as well. His eyes narrow as he readies himself for danger, searching the walls for signs of the lying shadows.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #1083
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,005

    Ý Ignore jbear
    OOC: I'm not going to potentially waste a high dice roll and still fail. So Kane fails his checks by default The dice roller here hates me and likes to do things like that ...


    Kane doesn't have a clue what the dwarf is talking about but he trusts her sharp eyes unquestioningly. Weapon already in hand he drops down into a defensive postion waitng for an attack.

    "M-maybe w-we go? L-leave these shadows in p-peace?"

    OOC: If Kane has time he will drop into Total Defense
    Last edited by jbear; Tuesday, 20th March, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1084
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ý Ignore Pentius
    My communities:

    Noriaki puts the sword back down, flustered. "If anything is down there, it's dead already. Imidoto is right, we should go." Noriaki grips his scabbard warily.


    mechanics

    Perception:1d20+2=16
    Insight: 1d20+3=13
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #1085
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,005

    Ý Ignore jbear
    "Agreed" rasps Kane backing slowly towards the exit on full alert.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1086
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ý Ignore GROMkill
    "Dying over ancient treasure isn't going to get us off this island. Let's get out of here." He makes his way toward the exit, behind Kane, his blade steady and his eyes still flitting back and forth for any sign of danger.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #1087
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    "Castile speaks truth" Hķ LŪ says "Yet there is something more. Something dark. Hostile."
    She taps suddenly on her drum.
    "There!" she shouts, pointing at the entrance of the main cabin next to where Noriaki stands. "In there! Be wary!"

    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #1088
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ý Ignore Mewness
    As the adventurers back out onto the rocks, the flickering movement of the interior shadows becomes unmistakable. If there is to be any further exploration of the wreck, something very unfriendly will have to be dealt with.

    GM: You can back out completely if you choose: the shadowy things, whatever they are, will not follow you outside, but it's pretty clear that if you go back in, you'll be starting some sort of fight.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #1089
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,005

    Ý Ignore jbear
    OOC: I always love a good fight. I think the whole 'shadowy-can't see-my-enemy' is enough to stifle Kane's desire to hunt treasure to back away. So I'll cast a neutral vote. I can go either way. I have a daily power left and enough surges to be confident. Then again we could back out and then plan a strategy of attack! I do have a remote fireball I can send in there from outside to force the creatures into the light!
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1090
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ý Ignore Mewness
    OOC: It would certainly be possible to soften things up a bit with AOE effects cast from outside, but you don't have line of effect to the entire interior, so you probably wouldn't end up doing all that much damage. And you can't really see what you're aiming at; it's very bright outside, and the interior is dim.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 109 of 145 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 189
      Last Post: Saturday, 27th July, 2013, 04:16 AM
    2. PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 793
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 05:03 PM
    3. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM
    4. Adventure Ideas for Skull & Bones
      By Calico_Jack73 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd January, 2004, 01:26 AM
    5. [Serpent Amphora] Has anyone run the 3-part adventure series?
      By Wraith Form in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Monday, 10th November, 2003, 06:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •