D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 111

+ Log in or register to post
Page 111 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1450
    Lama (Lvl 13)

° Ignore jbear
    The fire rising in Kane's eyes dies. He nods in agreement though by the look on his face a part of him very much desired to pick that fight.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore BenBrown
    "Then let us be gone from this place." H˙ LÝ says, turning away from the wreck.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore Mewness
    OOC: So options are: exploring with an eye specifically to moving the camp somewhere; exploring just for the hell of it; continuing to trace Kovack and Friend (last known to be heading roughly south from Pezock's former camp)?
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Lama (Lvl 13)

° Ignore jbear
    With a shrug Kane falls in behind Hu Li sheathing his blade.

OOC: I'd be inclined to search the hill near us that remains obscured, clearing the map and possibly finding a place slightly closer to the south where we can go after the captain's trail again without being forced to sleep in the open if we go too far.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore BenBrown
    "Let us explore to the south and west of our camp site," H˙ LÝ suggests, "We may find a new place to camp, and if we do not, there will be no surprised behind us when we do move south."
    Last edited by BenBrown; Friday, 30th March, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore Mewness
    OOC: I assume H˙ LÝ meant south and west. There isn't anything you haven't seen to the south and east
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Lama (Lvl 13)

° Ignore Pentius
    Noriaki stands stright and stiff, Imidoto on his shoulder. "Very well, then."

OOC: Sounds good to me.
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

Lama (Lvl 13)

° Ignore jbear
    Kane nods, grins and falls in behind whistling a tune.

OOC: And me

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore Mewness
    After climbing back up the cliff, the group proceeds back to camp, then heads south to the viper nettle patch, and then follows the river upstream. The ground rises steadily but gradually for a couple of miles, and it is not too unpleasant a walk--the jungle is not thick enough to impede progress, and the ground not too treacherous.

In the afternoon, they reach the top of the ridge, which affords a view of the path and two of the old campsites--one to the north and one to the south. This would be a pleasant camping spot--not as high as the current camp, but flatter, quite well-sheltered, and near the stream.

From here it is also possible to see another high ridge and a waterfall to the southwest, on the other side of the path. With some time left before the daily rains come, it seems reasonable to explore that ridge as well.

The group climbs up on the east side, crosses the narrow stream, and continues southwest. The ground here is much more uneven, causing the fast-flowing stream to wind about so much that it almost loops back on itself. After following it for some time, the party sees an old, partially collapsed hut on one bank of the stream. A path leads away from the hut, and both the outside of the hut and end of the path are lined with the most macabre of decorations--human skulls and bones.

Ishirou signals for caution, and the various members of the party stay partially hidden behind the trees for a few minutes, waiting for some sign of activity within or around the hut, but there seems to be none.

The first drops of rain begin to fall. Soon, it will be pouring.

OOC: Map has been updated on the first page.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore BenBrown
    "Ah," says H˙ LÝ, "This must be the house where the old witch lives--the one who eats little children and flies through the night in her magic mortar and pestle! But if you know the right words to say, the witch won't eat you, but will put you to work tending the fire where you can listen to her and learn where she keeps the magic radish that you need to give to the hungry goat to stop it from eating everything. The right words go something like this:

Old Witch Old Witch, don't put me in your pot.
    The broth is very tasty, but the fire is too hot.
    I'm a very useful person to have around the home.
    I'll keep your fire tended, while on your work you roam."

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 111 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast