D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 115




+ Log in or register to post
Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1450
  1. #1141
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    ř Ignore Mewness
    GM: DAY 6 REWARDS

    (pending approval by @TwoHeadsBarking ; note that there’s a slightly customized item in the loot)

    EXPERIENCE POINTS

    Encounter 1: Pterosaur Wranglin’
    2 x skirmisher 5 (pscreamosaur), 400
    2 x brute 6 (pneckosaur), 500
    2 chicks saved, 200
    Total: 1100, x 2 = 2200 XP

    Minor Quest: Help Sasha capture a baby pterosaur
    1 x L2 quest, 125
    Total: 125, x 2 = 250 XP

    Time Experience
    Black Fox, Castile, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2 months @ level 4 (Jan 30 to March 30) = 584 XP
    Kane: 2 months @ level 3 (Feb 6 to April 6) = 500 XP

    Experience Totals
    Black Fox, Castile, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2200/5 + 250/5 + 584 = 1074 XP
    Kane: 2200/5 + 250/5 + 500 = 990 XP

    DM CREDITS
    2 months (Jan 30 - March 30) = 4 credits for Mewness.

    LOOT

    Items
    Black Fox: Changeling’s hide armor +2 (L6 item)
    Noriaki: Horned helmet (L6 item)

    Changeling’s Armor +2 (hide)
    Power (At-Will, Polymorph): Minor Action. You can transform this armor into a normal-looking set of clothes. While in clothes form, the armor does not provide an armor bonus, but neither does it impose an armor check penalty or speed reduction. You can change this armor back into its true form, or into the form of a different set of clothes, as a minor action.

    Special: If you are a changeling, you can use this armor’s power as a free action when you use your Changeling Disguise power.

    Note: This item is modeled on Impostor’s Armor (level 6), but it comes as light armor rather than heavy, does not include the bonus to Bluff checks, and has a little extra synergy for changelings.


    Time Gold
    Black Fox, Castile, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2 months @ level 4 (Jan 30 to March 30) = 700 gp
    Kane: 2 months @ level 3 (Feb 6 to April 6) = 508 gp

    Kane will level up to 4. Everyone else stays at 4. @jbear , let me know when your sheet is updated.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

 

  • #1142
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,885

    ř Ignore jbear
    OOC: Updated


    Kane Arcane

    PC:Kane Arcane (jbear1979) - L4W Wiki
    Human Hybrid Swordmage | Wizard 4
    Passive Perception/Insight 14
    AC:22, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:17, Speed:6
    HP:44/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/10
    Initiative +2
    Action Points: 0 (encounter):

    Conditions

    Powers
    MBA: Dislocation Longsword +1, +7 vs AC, 1d8+2 damage
    Cantrips,
    Freezing Burst, Phantasmal Assault, Sword Burst

    Grasping Shadows:
    Aegis of Shielding:
    Channelling Shield:
    Dimensional Vortex:
    Second Wind

    Flaming Sphere:
    Dislocation Longsword:


    Combat notes: Theme: Feybeast Tamer: Kane is unaware of this. Not active until this changes.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1143
    judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    GM: DAY 6 REWARDS

    (pending approval by @TwoHeadsBarking ; note that there’s a slightly customized item in the loot)

    EXPERIENCE POINTS

    Encounter 1: Pterosaur Wranglin’
    2 x skirmisher 5 (pscreamosaur), 400
    2 x brute 6 (pneckosaur), 500
    2 chicks saved, 200
    Total: 1100, x 2 = 2200 XP

    Minor Quest: Help Sasha capture a baby pterosaur
    1 x L2 quest, 125
    Total: 125, x 2 = 250 XP

    Time Experience
    Black Fox, Castile, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2 months @ level 4 (Jan 30 to March 30) = 584 XP
    Kane: 2 months @ level 3 (Feb 6 to April 6) = 500 XP

    Experience Totals
    Black Fox, Castile, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2200/5 + 250/5 + 584 = 1074 XP
    Kane: 2200/5 + 250/5 + 500 = 990 XP

    DM CREDITS
    2 months (Jan 30 - March 30) = 4 credits for Mewness.

    LOOT

    Items
    Black Fox: Changeling’s hide armor +2 (L6 item)
    Noriaki: Horned helmet (L6 item)

    Changeling’s Armor +2 (hide)
    Power (At-Will, Polymorph): Minor Action. You can transform this armor into a normal-looking set of clothes. While in clothes form, the armor does not provide an armor bonus, but neither does it impose an armor check penalty or speed reduction. You can change this armor back into its true form, or into the form of a different set of clothes, as a minor action.

    Special: If you are a changeling, you can use this armor’s power as a free action when you use your Changeling Disguise power.

    Note: This item is modeled on Impostor’s Armor (level 6), but it comes as light armor rather than heavy, does not include the bonus to Bluff checks, and has a little extra synergy for changelings.


    Time Gold
    Black Fox, Castile, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2 months @ level 4 (Jan 30 to March 30) = 700 gp
    Kane: 2 months @ level 3 (Feb 6 to April 6) = 508 gp

    Kane will level up to 4. Everyone else stays at 4. @jbear , let me know when your sheet is updated.
    Approved

  • #1144
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,885

    ř Ignore jbear
    OOC
    Are we heading out now or waiting til the next morning? I'm going to assume we wait til the next morning before we head out.


    If nothing occurs during the night:


    Kane is up at the crack of dawn. He seems somewhat out of sorts. Edgy. Grumpy. He even goes so far as to cause a loud trumpeting noise next to the heads of those sleeping in late. Wordlessly he crouches at the edge of the camp awaiting departure calling his sword from its sheath and slamming it back in over and over until they leave. Even as they set off to find their captain his mood does not improve.


    If we are still in RP mode at camp and it has yet to be decided if we wait or not before nightfall:


    Kane goes to the treasure chest and removes the ancient calender disk. He distances himself to the edge of camp whereupon he stares at the disc, running his finger over the details, especially the figure of the now outcast goddess.

    If it becomes evident that the group will remain in camp until the morning then he replaces the disk in the chest and returns to his distant spot where he lies upon his back, hands behind his head staring at the sky through the foliage until darkness arrives and he drifts off to sleep.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1145
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    ř Ignore Mewness
    OOC: The group will spend the night in the new camp, then head out next morning. I'll try to have the update done by tonight.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #1146
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    ř Ignore Mewness
    Aerys laughs at Kane’s ill-humor, and when Pezock determines to accompany the group in their pursuit of Kovack, declares that she is content to remain behind because Ishirou will surely be sufficient entertainment. Ishirou actually looks a little uncomfortable at this.

    In the new camp, the night passes uneventfully. The large flying creature that has previously been spotted overhead does not appear.

    Kane
    The force of the ship being dashed against the rocks rouses you from a brief stupor. Another man reaches for your arm but is thrown over the side before you can grab him. Losing your own footing, you fall onto the deck, scrabbling for a hold and getting salt water in your eye. You feel the wood splintering beneath your body, and the syllables of a never-mastered spell come to mind....

    You watch from a distance as the ship is destroyed, the entire crew tossed overboard and bloodied against the rocks; you realize that you must land, for who knows how long the spell will last--but you are not controlling it, and you are not going anywhere: something else has taken control of the magic and is moving you slowly back towards the wreck. The screaming of the stricken men seems to be coming from very close and all around, but you remain maddeningly out of reach of them. And you stay there suspended, unable to move closer or farther away, until, reaching out desperately, you hit the wall of a shelter and awake with a start.

    The adventurers continue to have strange, disturbing dreams, but the details flee upon waking, leaving them puzzled and unsettled.


    Day 7

    In the morning, Ishirou stations himself as a sentry, and the group sets off down the ridge to the path they traveled before. The traps that Castile spotted earlier have not been reset; the rain has uncovered the leaf matter concealing them, and it appears that nobody has been by recently to correct this.

    Pezock suggests going back to the empty-but-sinister-hut and following the path from there. “If we go along the regular path, there’s a ravine,” he says. “A perfect ambush site, really, and I’m sure the cannibals do something nasty to anyone passing through there--they could shoot from the top or roll rocks down the sides. I saw those two people just north of it--not far from my old camp. I felt bad about not warning them.”

    OOC: The ravine Pezock is referring to is directly south of I2 (his old camp). The walls are steep, and climbing up them or going around to avoid it would be very time-consuming. He’s suggesting retracing part of the trip you took yesterday and following the path from N (the sinister hut) since it seems to have something to do with the cannibals and probably leads back to their camp.

    Story summary has been updated on the first page in case it’s useful to anyone.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #1147
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,885

    ř Ignore jbear
    Cold and distant, taking up the back position of the group, Kane doesn't even manage a nod at Pezock's suggestion, even though in his head he more than agrees.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #1148
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    ř Ignore Dekana
    Castile answers dourly, "That won't do. If those beasts want to attack again, they'll have to do it fairly." The dwarf heads to the front of the group, passing by Kane as he falls in to the rear. She nods at him as he walks by.

    The bad dreams are starting to really worry Castile. The shipwreck didn't seem so traumatic when it happened, so why does she feel so haunted every night?
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #1149
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    ř Ignore Mewness
    The group retraces their path from the previous day, following the winding stream southwest to the sinister hut, which stands just as before. From there, the path curves around southwest, eventually joining another trail going north-south. At the intersection, Castile spots a trap like the previous ones. As with the others, the rain has disturbed the leaf-matter and dirt covering it up, so it isn’t terribly difficult to see. To the north is the ravine that Pezock mentioned.

    The group continues south from this juncture for another couple of miles, avoiding yet another poorly-concealed trap, until they reach a T-junction. One branch goes roughly southwest, the other southeast. Pezock, looking first one way and then the other, shakes his head. “Never been this far south,” he says. “I don't know which is the right one.”

    Perception 22
    Despite the difficulty of spotting tracks on paths that are flooded every day by the rain, you can tell that the southwest trail gets more use than the one leading to the southeast, which is slightly more overgrown.

    OOC: Map is updated on the first page (or will be in a few minutes).
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #1150
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    ř Ignore BenBrown
    "We could see the ocean on the left some time ago," Hú Lí says. "If we knew whether they would head inland or return to the shore, we could better make a decision."

    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 189
      Last Post: Saturday, 27th July, 2013, 04:16 AM
    2. PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 793
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 05:03 PM
    3. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM
    4. Adventure Ideas for Skull & Bones
      By Calico_Jack73 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd January, 2004, 01:26 AM
    5. [Serpent Amphora] Has anyone run the 3-part adventure series?
      By Wraith Form in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Monday, 10th November, 2003, 06:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •