D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 116

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ý Ignore jbear
    "B-by logic right g-goes inland. L-left towards the sh-shore" stutters Kane grimly. "I say w-we go r-right."

OOC: I'm not going to bother rolling. Kane doesn't spot anything. If I had a physical dice I'd roll just in case but with this dice roller I have rolled between 1 and 4 my last 6 rolls, so I know I have a crit coming up soon ... which I'd rather use in a fight for obvious reasons
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ý Ignore Dekana
    "This is an island. All routes go to shore" says Castile, still in a poor mood.
    Last edited by Dekana; Saturday, 28th April, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ý Ignore jbear
    Kane almost cheers up when he realises he is not the only one in a foul mood. Almost.
    He nods as Dekana is of course right but his brow wrinkles in frustration as he finds himself unable to express his thoughts clearly once again, a happening by rights he should be used to by now.

"T-true. B-but islands have m-middles. Right heads m-more towards the m-middle."
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ý Ignore Mewness
    "Right it is then!" says Pezock jauntily, as though he means to dispel the sullen mood of his friends through sheer high spirits. "What a bunch of sourpusses we have today, Pearl," he remarks in a lowered voice, which is still quite audible to everyone else.

The right hand path leads in a more or less westerly direction for another couple of miles, during which the group finds another couple of ill-concealed traps. Then they come to a river. The path here splits again, one branch following the river upstream to the north, the other following it west in the direction of its flow.

Both branches of the path show signs of use. "West again?" asks Pezock. "I feel like going north might just take us in a big circle."
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ý Ignore jbear
    Kane nods patting the kenku on the shoulder and smiling weakly.

"F-forgive my m-mood. I slept b-badly. And this b-business with the c-captain ... b-bad f-feeling."

He shakes his head as though trying to snap out of it.

"W-west it is Pez."

Kane heads west, presuming the others will follow the instinct of their beaked companion.

OOC: I feel a bit bad posting so much but in the interests of pace I'll pick a path. I get the feeling Mewness is pushing things along for the same reason. Would I be out of line to ask if player interest is waning? Or are you guys just really busy at the moment?

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ý Ignore Dekana
    Castile's frown slowly disappears as Pezock speaks. "Well, misery loves company. And I'll do my best to spread my mood to any cannibals we meet."

Castile chooses the west path and looks behind her to make sure the others are following.

OOC: I'm still quite active on the forum, but it's true that I've been posting more slowly with this character then I'd like. I'm trying to pick up the pace, though.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ý Ignore BenBrown
    "I could sing a lively song, to lighten the mood," Hķ LŪ says brightly, tapping her drum quietly, "but I suppose we should keep quiet, traveling in unknown places like this."
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ý Ignore Mewness
    ooc
    Preparing the next encounter. Stay tuned...

I think that my own responsiveness has been a little slack lately, so I'm trying to kick things up a bit. This is a long adventure and it's entirely possible that a little fatigue has set in. Fortunately, there should be some good arse-kicking coming up.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ý Ignore Mewness
    The path meanders a bit, following the river to its mouth, and a rocky bay. Another trap is discovered here, and the path continues southwest along the shore.

GM: Everyone make a Perception check. If you want to "conserve" die rolls, I can make one for you

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ý Ignore Dekana
    Castile is focused on the ground in front of her as she scans for more traps.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 116 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1666106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast