D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 48


What's on your mind?

  1. #471
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore GROMkill
    OOC: It turns out that the cabin I'm staying at this weekend in Lake Tahoe has wifi. Sweet!


    As Takahaan's furor continues to build, the dragonborn continues his vicious onslaught against the jungle-fiends plaguing the beautiful jungle scenery. Approaching the massive treelike creature that has been torturing his new friend with such viciousness, he yells at it. "Your end is nigh!" Dropping his sword arm, he reels back; his eyes have turned a burning, crimson red tinge, sweat and blood dripping from his face and body.

    Reeling back in his signature fashion, a loud, sharp guttural sound emanates from deep within his throat as he expels a blast of flaming breath out toward the Caller. The burst of fiery wrath blankets the creature, and the powerful dragonborn screams a victory cry, his aimed breath true as an arrow. The creature alight, Taka turns to his companion with a big grin on his face.

    "Noriaki! For ages they will speak legends of our feats upon this isle!"

    Takahaan's Actions
    Move: Walk to H15

    Minor: Dragon Breath in corners G16, I18. 1d20+8=22 1d6+1=7 Hits Caller's Reflex 14 for 17 damage including the fire vulnerability. I believe this kills the Caller.

    Standard: Total Defense. Oh, and gloat.
    Takahaan
    Takahaan Thanazashi Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 1
    Initiative: +3
    Passive Perception: 11
    Passive Insight: 10
    Senses: Normal
    AC:18
    Fort:17
    Reflex:15
    Will:17 HP:13/29
    Bloodied:14
    Surge Value:8
    Surges left:6/8
    Action Points: 1

    Powers:

    Brash Assault
    Intuitive Strike

    Dragon Breath [x]
    Inspiring Word [xx]
    Vengeance Is Mine [x]

    Lamb to the Slaughter [ ]
    Spur To Action [x]

    Other Abilities:

    Second Wind [x]

    Cloak of Resistance [ ]


    Conditions


    Bloodied, giving Taka +1 to attack rolls from racial.

    Important Features
    Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

    Combat Leader:
    You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +2 power bonus to initiative. +1 to attack rolls when bloodied.

    Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.
    Last edited by GROMkill; Friday, 12th August, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

 

  • #472
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,020
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore jbear
    Kane feels his mind emerge at last from the bloody haze.

    "Die!" he screams with a flash of his sword that sends a jet of flame towards his blighted tormenter ... but his mind desoriented and reeling betrays him and the jet fires away harmlessly to the side of the creature. He then moves as far back as possible to avoid the devastating mental attacks keeping the flame alive.

    Actions

    Standard: Flaming Sphere attack: Miss
    Move: R6
    Minor: Sustain Sphere
    Last edited by jbear; Friday, 12th August, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #473
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    twilsemail's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    King of Prussia, PA
    Posts
    1,283
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore twilsemail
    My communities:

    OOC: I don't think I have any option at this point but to fall over and start dying. We're out of healing, neh?
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    Doc Holliday as portrayed by Val Kilmer in Tombstone

    LEB: Playing Mal
    L4W: Playing Felix
    L4W: Playing The Dartmoor Irregulars

  • #474
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Dekana
    OOC: sou ne.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #475
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mewness
    GM: Caller has threatening reach 3. It gets an OA against Takahaan.

    caller melee basic vs Reflex, Takahaan; damage
    18(1d20) +6 = 24; 2(1d8) +5 = 7
    Takahaan is hit for 7 and grabbed while in, say, H14. He still kills it with dragon breath, though.

    @jbear: the caller is already dead by the time Kane takes his turn, and he can't move the sphere adjacent to the zombie without hurting Dartmoor. If you want to retcon and do something else entirely, go for it.

    Edit: party is out of healing, yes. Although I suppose someone could try to grant Dartmoor a save with the Heal skill.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #476
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    twilsemail's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    King of Prussia, PA
    Posts
    1,283
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore twilsemail
    My communities:

    OOC: Nah, I'll just fall over. @jbear , feel free to hit me with the sphere. Below 0 is pretty much all the same. Worst case scenario is me getting CDG'd, and I'd be dead from that either way, really.

    ETA: Alright, maybe I was a bit hasty. Ongoing 5 actually hurts at low levels... I'm cool with the sphere passing by, still. It'll just hurt more than I first expected.


    The Captain is overtaken by the rot infecting him from the zombies attack. He falls to the ground. Jeremy stops playing as he sees his commander drop. The rest of the Irregulars stand in shock.

    actions

    Take 5 damage. Fall over, dying

    Dartmoor Irregulars
    Dartmoor Irregulars – Piskie Swarm (Druid) 2
    Passive Insight: 14, Passive Perception: 19
    AC:16 Fort:13 Ref:14, Will:14 -- Speed:6
    HP:-2/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 9/10
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

    Powers:
    Grasping Tide

    Grasping Claws
    Swarming Locusts

    Scattered Form

    Summon Giant Toad
    Fiddlin’ Grig
    Conditions: Dying
    Notes: -3 damage from melee/ranged attacks in Beast Form
    Failed Death Saves: 0/3
    Last edited by twilsemail; Friday, 12th August, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    Doc Holliday as portrayed by Val Kilmer in Tombstone

    LEB: Playing Mal
    L4W: Playing Felix
    L4W: Playing The Dartmoor Irregulars

  • #477
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Pentius
    My communities:

    Noriaki casts his gaze around the battlefield, just in time to see Dartmoor fall. He charges through the jungle like a hurricane, arriving at Dartmoor's side and drawing forth his blade. Sweat drips down his forehead from the effort of holding his spell in place. With a shudder, Noriaki drops to one knee, and a burst of thunder peals in the air to no effect. The young warrior strains to bring the primal forces he called forth under control, shakily getting back to his feet.
    Mechanics

    Move: to M15
    Standard: Howling Strike Charge on zombeh 2, ending in p15
    Attack Roll: 1d20+9=12 ...


    Noriaki
    Noriaki Matsumoto Male Human Thaneborn Barbarian 2
    Initiative: +4(+6 with Takahaan),
    Passive Perception: 11,
    Passive Insight: 12,
    Senses: Normal
    AC:19
    Fort:18
    Reflex:16
    Will:14
    HP:21/33
    Bloodied:16
    Surges left:7/9
    Surge Value:8
    Action Points: 0
    MBA: +8 to hit, 1d12+5 damage
    Howling Strike
    Pressing Strike

    Escalating Violence [x]
    Howl of Triumph [x]
    Shrug it off [x]
    Heroic Effort [x]
    Second Wind [x]

    Swift Panther Rage [x]
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #478
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,020
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore jbear
    OOC: Okay, Kane stays where he is and double moves the sphere down the bottom of the zombie instead
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #479
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mewness
    GM: I'll put the sphere in R15. Seems like a good place for it. Noriaki is on top of Dartmoor, as the square he wanted to charge to is occupied by Castile.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #480
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    H˙ LÝ steps gingerly over to a bare patch of ground, where she can get a good view of the last remaining foe. She blows yet another sharp blast, and the undead menace stumbles backward, passing between Kane's flaming sphere and Castile's axe. The latter hits it solidly as it passes.
    actions
    Move: to P19
    Standard: Staggering Note (Will) vs. Zombie 2: 15(1d20) +6 = 21. 4 damage, and Zombie is pushed to Q14.
    Castile MBA vs. Zombie 2: 19(1d20) +8 = 27; 7(1d12) +9 = 16, Castile gains 4 THP.
    H˙ LÝ
    The Black Fox Fox Spirit (Changeling) Bard 2
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 19
    AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:17

    +3 vs. AC, 1d6-1 damage

    HP:11/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
    Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
    Powers: Fox Spirit Disguise, Wild Shape, Staggering Note, Vicious Mockery
    Blunder, Fox Spirit Trick, Grasping Claws, Majestic Word x2, Words of Friendship
    Stirring Shout, Canon of Avoidance

    Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares of the Black Fox, the Fox may slide the ally 1 square as a free action.

    Conditions:
    none
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 48 of 145 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 189
      Last Post: Saturday, 27th July, 2013, 05:16 AM
    2. PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 793
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 06:03 PM
    3. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 04:39 PM
    4. Adventure Ideas for Skull & Bones
      By Calico_Jack73 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd January, 2004, 02:26 AM
    5. [Serpent Amphora] Has anyone run the 3-part adventure series?
      By Wraith Form in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Monday, 10th November, 2003, 07:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •