D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 52


What's on your mind?

  1. #511
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    twilsemail's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    King of Prussia, PA
    Posts
    1,283
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore twilsemail
    My communities:

    OOC: I swear I remember rolling the dice. I'm incredibly sorry for holding things up for 3 days.


    The Irregulars scatter, searching the jungle along with the rest of the party. The Pict is a whirlwind of search-ing-ness. Everybody helps him in some way and eventually he disappears into the brush. He comes out a few minutes later and hitches a thumb towards the south, along the ridge. Wordlessly he re-enters the jungle. Captain Dartmoor whistles loudly and the swarm of piskies and grigs that follows him assemble quickly. "They're moving south along the ridge. The trail is getting harder to find. Do we want to follow or return to camp before nightfall? If we stick to the trail, we're not likely to sleep in our new quarters."
    Last edited by twilsemail; Monday, 22nd August, 2011 at 03:35 PM.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    Doc Holliday as portrayed by Val Kilmer in Tombstone

    LEB: Playing Mal
    L4W: Playing Felix
    L4W: Playing The Dartmoor Irregulars

 

  • #512
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Pentius
    My communities:

    Noriaki speaks up first, concealing a hint of weariness underneath a disinterested tone. "I'll not sleep on the ground, like an animal. If Kovack is willing to do so in his madness, we may as well let him. Men have done more foolish things for a woman before."



    OOC: At least we made the roll. And it was close enough to make the aiding worth it. I'm open to pressing on as well as going back, don't let Nori's attitude fool you.
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #513
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore GROMkill
    Takahaan gazes into the jungle as he considers the party's options. He raises his voice, offering his opinion. "I believe we should head back to our shelter. It is already midday and it would be dangerous to be caught out in the jungle at night, unprepared. If we make it back and there is enough light, we could, as Kane suggested, check out the shipwreck near our campsite."

    He looks at each of his companions, lost in thought, and finally his eyes reach Ishirou.

    "Ah. I worry for the others back at the shelter, as well... I wouldn't want them to worry that we had lost our trail back, or found ourselves killed, or something worse."
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #514
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Dekana
    "But Kovack could be in trouble..." Castile says, concerned. "It's a wonder those two were not caught by the giant plants, to say nothing of the other monsters in this place." She looks back and forth from going forward to turning back, apparently not sure where to go herself.

    "I'm not tracker, but will we even be able pick up the trail again after the next downpour?"
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #515
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    "I have slept out of doors before," H˙ LÝ says, "but like Takahaan, I would not wish to abandon our companions at the camp. Yet I would like to find the captain, and this woman who has so captivated him. How much longer could we go on before we must turn back to reach the camp by dark?"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #516
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,021
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore jbear
    Kane is unsure continuing is wise but holds his tongue unwilling to let his fears influence the group's decision. He rests his hands on his hilt and awaits in silence. If those who rescued him feel it necessary to pursue their lost companions he is willing.

    OOC: I'm pretty sure we will lose the trail if we don't pursue them. It's risky, but we can handle at least another hard fight (maybe). It will be disasterous if we are attacked again after that before we can rest and recover surges though probably. At least we know their general direction. Maybe we can pursue the trail at least a little way and then turn back to camp. I'll sit on the fence on this one.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #517
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mewness
    GM: To get back to camp from where you are is about 3 miles of rough terrain (assuming you head north along the river, which is the most direct route). That takes about 2.4 hours. Your forward progress is slower than normal owing to having to follow obscure tracks, but you do still have some time to play with if you want to go a bit further.

    So far it looks as though Noriaki (in character at least), Takahaan, and H˙ LÝ are for trying to get back to camp before nightfall, and Castile is more in favor of pressing on.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #518
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    twilsemail's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    King of Prussia, PA
    Posts
    1,283
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore twilsemail
    My communities:

    "Perhaps we should follow the trail just a bit farther? I'd surely love to return to the others, but to leave the captain in the clutches of that enchantress... who knows what she may be up to."

    OOC: I'm game for either option. Leaning towards following the path. The Captain mostly wants to return to see Sasha. Though, in truth, he's a bit over-confident now that he's spent so much time around her.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    Doc Holliday as portrayed by Val Kilmer in Tombstone

    LEB: Playing Mal
    L4W: Playing Felix
    L4W: Playing The Dartmoor Irregulars

  • #519
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mewness
    The group continues to follow Ieana and Kovack's probable path, hurrying the pace just a bit, as it seems unlikely that they would have suddenly climbed up the steep ridge, and it would be comparatively easy to find the signs if they had entered the jungle.

    After a couple of miles, the ridge turns a sharp corner, and the direction the group is heading in leads once more towards thick jungle. Here, after careful examination, the Pict determines that the pair they are following did indeed head southwest into the jungle: the foliage has been slashed by a sword.

    But it is now getting late.

    ooc
    I am updating the map in the first post now. Game time is about 4pm; if you want to get back to camp tonight, you will need to turn back.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #520
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore GROMkill
    Trying to be reasonable, Takahaan changes his mind and agrees with his companions to continue ahead after some discussion. After the Pict points out the foliage and vines cut away by human (or humanoid at least) hands, Taka's heroic side start to pull at his mind.

    "Ah... I was wrong at first. Maybe we should continue to press on, as this is solid evidence that they came this way. There is no mistaking it. Captain, is there any way to know how recent this undergrowth was chopped through? Are there any tracks?" he asks, eagerness in his eyes.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 189
      Last Post: Saturday, 27th July, 2013, 05:16 AM
    2. PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 793
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 06:03 PM
    3. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 04:39 PM
    4. Adventure Ideas for Skull & Bones
      By Calico_Jack73 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd January, 2004, 02:26 AM
    5. [Serpent Amphora] Has anyone run the 3-part adventure series?
      By Wraith Form in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Monday, 10th November, 2003, 07:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •