D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB) - Page 61

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore jbear
    "M-maybe we c-can rest here t-tonight if w-we d-don't find your c-captain..."

Kane obediantly follows Takahaan back towards the crossroad wondering if they might have overlooked any tell tale signs that their quarry might have passed through the campsite, a growing sense of futility drawing his mind back to the wrecked ship they left behind on the shores of the Shiv.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Mewness
    With the day continuing to get hotter, the travelers take a well-earned rest and share some provisions before moving on. The trail continues roughly southwest for about three miles. Two more traps are discovered along the way, cunningly hidden like the previous two, but not cunningly enough to escape Castile's vigilant eye as she leads the way.

Around mid-afternoon, the group comes to another intersection. One branch leads straight to the north, the other south. The southern path passes through a ravine. The northern path leads to another campsite. At this distance, it looks to be in better shape than the previous one, although nobody is visible in it.

GM: Game time is now around 3pm (assuming a break for rest and refreshment).

Map will be updated on the first page in a few minutes.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore jbear
    "Another c-camp. L-let's look ... After you T-trap m-master..." Kane stutters grinning at Castile.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore GROMkill
    Takahaan nods at Kane's words and motions for the group to continue, making sure to keep by Castile during her incredible trap-spotting spree.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post
    "Another c-camp. L-let's look ... After you T-trap m-master..." Kane stutters grinning at Castile.
    "Heh, of course! As long as we keep running across the same trap hidden in the same way, I'm your girl."
    Castile doesn't say anything as she approaches the camp, figuring that Takahaan will take care of that for her again.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Mewness
    This camp, like the other, is not far from the rocky coast of the island. It is empty, and there is no sign of any recent activity. The indications of violence are quite obvious here. There are some broken weapons--a short sword and a dagger--as well as old blood stains, shreds of clothing, and slash marks on some of the shelters.

About half a mile along the coast to the northwest, there is some kind of large object, perhaps a boulder, made distinctive because of its smooth, rounded shape and blue color.

Perception 20
    You see a brief flicker of movement near the blue boulder, or whatever it is. Perhaps it is just a sea-bird or even a trick of the light, but you think it might have been a person.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore GROMkill
    As the party looks over the abandoned campground, Takahaan wears a grim frown as he sees the blood stains and slash marks. Whoever attacked these people had an extensive advantage over the ill-sheltered people living here, as evidenced by the destruction of the site. As the dragonborn is eyeing over some broken weaponry, something catches his eyes and he turns to see a large, strangely blue boulder. Something or someone had moved, he was sure of it.

"Look down the coast. I think I saw something over there, near that large boulder. It looked like a person... Can you guys see anything?"

Mechanics
    Questionably Lucky Perception Roll: 1d20=20
    Last edited by GROMkill; Thursday, 22nd September, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore jbear
    Kane's coin spins into the air as he looks around the campsite at the signs of violence.

"Something hunts the s-stranded on the Shiv. There m-must be another wreck s-somewhere nearby. W-we need to find these h-hunters b-before they find us ... or our c-camp."

Kane strains his eyes towards the strange rock that Takahaan points out, though more out of habit than any real belief he will see anything.

"M-maybe this p-person c-can answer some qu-qu-questions..."

Kane begins to walk towards this strange boulder warily, sword and hand, arcane shield summoned in the other.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore Pentius
    As Noriaki looks over this camp, it's similarity to the party's own strikes him. His thoughts immediately turn to those left at the camp. Would Ishirou be enough to keep them safe? At Takahaan's announcement, and Kane's subsequent advance, Noriaki speaks up. "Kane, wait. Let Hu Li and I take the lead. We are less threatening, and may be able to calm this person down, if he is scared."
    Last edited by Pentius; Friday, 23rd September, 2011 at 02:51 AM.
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Ignore BenBrown
    H˙ LÝ bows.

"I will go and see," she says. "The noble Noriaki is correct. One or two approaching will be less likely to cause alarm. Should I go alone? I have not the strength of my companions, but H˙ LÝ knows many tricks!"

She smiles knowingly as she steps forward and begins walking slowly towards the direction that Takahaan indicated.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 61 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast