The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

The Enemy Within, Part 2: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

First Thread

The Berebeli comes in to dock at the wharves of Bögenhafen. The waterfront of this walled town is lined with narrow-fronted buildings and warehouses. Josef explains that the town council charges tax per foot of frontage, hence the buildings here are long and thin.

"They'd tax your farts if they could figure out a way," says Josef, "and then make a law forcing you to serve beans with every meal. Still, all told you can still turn a good profit in this town. Trade from all over the western edges of the Empire passes through here and the Merchant's Guild is on of the most powerful in town."

As the Berebeli is made fast to the wharf, Josef indicates a nearby building, narrow and step-roofed in the Marienburg style.

"The offices of the Haagen family," he explains. "I've got business there selling my cargo, and it might take the rest of the day. Everyone else will be off enjoying the Schaffenfest." He sighs wistfully. "You may as well go and see the fair whilst you're here," he says. "It's definitely not to be missed. And who knows, maybe you'll find some of your Purple Wotsits there."

Attachments

• Bogenhafen Title.jpg
    Bogenhafen Title.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 439
  • Bogenhafen Map.jpg
    Bogenhafen Map.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

found new thread

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew, Boundless Endurance
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Aaryn isn't really the leader type. He's probably going to be busy nosing through his books until he's nudged in the direction of Shaffenfest which is clearly where the hook is leading us.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The Map looks very much like Korvosa :p

"We should stay together. Just in case. You go with your work, we'll find you again some time this evening. Unless you're staying somewhere particular while you're here?" runepriest asks Josef

Turning toward the party
"So, what say you, let's find a place to wash and let's enjoy festivities before we can see what befell that noble idiot. Or we find his people." Kildrak indicates Hans with a wave of his hand.

OOC: What do you all think of tribal feats? Enduring mountain gives +2 to surge value +1 for every other character in the group (and others have similar cumulative effects like increased damage or skills)

FourMonos

First Post
Garold shakes Joseph's hand warmly, but offers a quick warning, "Be careful old friend. Those cultists likely have eyes everywhere. Don't be talking about what you've learned or throwing around that name. Watch your back, and I don't think you should venture into town by yourself, always keep someone with you."

He then gathers his gear, "Aye, Kildrak, let's go see what this festival is about."

[sblock=ooc] I don't know much about the tribal feats, I thought they were for barbarians so I kind of just ignore them [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn sighs, closes his spellbook and places it in his backpack, which he slings around his shoulder and then follows after Kildrak.
OOC: As a newbie to 4e I don't even know what book the tribal feats are in, let alone what they do. Besides I've got enough plans for Aaryn's feats for the time being. On top of that, I don't quite consider us a "tribe" yet.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Don't you worry about me, Master Garold, I'll be fine," says Josef. "And you're all more than welcome to stay on the old barge tonight if you prefer, better than some flea-bitten inn anyway."

As Josef predicted, most of Bögenhafen's citizenry have gone to the fair, leaving the streets quiet and the buildings closed. On the way through town you notice the impressive temple to Sigmar, and the expensive town houses around Adel Ring bearing guild markers - clearly the town is not lacking for wealth.

The Schaffenfest itself is a sprawling affair of tents and stalls outside the city wall. Sounds and smells assail from all sides. The fair is flanked by the livestock markets (from whence it gets its name) to the north, and jousting lists to the south-west. In between are beer tents, stalls selling everything from carpets from Araby to meat pies, gaming booths offering vast prizes for little effort, fortune tellers and people of all social classes rubbing shoulders.

Near the centre of the fair is an ornately decorated marquee flanked by town guards, with a set of stocks outside currently housing a scruffy-looking dwarf. Not far from this, a muscle-bound man stands stripped to the waist in a wrestling ring, a barker exhorting people to take him on for a prize of 5 Crowns. Nearby, another showman barker is attempting to entice people to a freakshow. Another dwarf, with an eyepatch, parades a small three-legged goblin on a leash.

"Step right up and make yourself five Crowns! That's right sir, five whole Crowns for no more than a few minutes mild exertion! All you need to do is last three minutes in the ring with the champion here! Five crowns if you last three minutes, ten if you defeat the champion within that time!"

"Roll up, roll up! In just one hour from now you will witness the most original and astounding display of zoological curiosities ever placed on exhibition in the entire length and breadth of the Empire! Doctor Malthusius' Zoocopia, gather for your education, entertainment and edification from the far corners of the Known World!"

"Hot pies! Get yer hot pies, they're lovely!"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

Gorim is drawn to the wrestling contest, but he will wait to see a match before trying anything himself.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew, Boundless Endurance
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"I may have a try at that wrestler," Hans declares. "I'm gonna watch him first, though. These types usually have a trick or two up their sleeves."

Hans makes his way to the wrestling ring and watches a few matches before deciding what to do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases