Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar IC

tiornys

Explorer
Ah-shahran steps out from behind his table and raises his hands, opening them to reveal a chess piece in each hand. The bishops, glowing and slightly transparent, swiftly grow to the size of small dogs as they launch forward at the goblinoids.

Hands now empty, Ah-shahran shouts Let's clear that door! We'll be needing to leave before this place burns down!

Meanwhile, Freggo is suddenly aware of a ghostly bulldog at his side. A comforting warmth spreads over him as the dog snarls at the hobgoblins.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: to O37
Standard: Twin Panthers, first attack at Gah. If it hits, second attack at Fiery Pete, otherwise second attack also at Gah. edit: these attacks target Reflex, forgot to put that in my die rolls.
Minor: Call Spirit Companion in square U25, granting 4 temp HP to Freggo.[/sblock]

OOC: If at least one of the Twin Panthers attacks hits then until the end of my next turn, you have combat advantage when making melee attacks against enemies adjacent to my spirit companion.

For later turns, both of my at-wills grant basic attacks. Anyone care if I roll their granted attack in the interest of saving time?

Last edited:

Goken100

First Post
OOC: If at least one of the Twin Panthers attacks hits then until the end of my next turn, you have combat advantage when making melee attacks against enemies adjacent to my spirit companion.

For later turns, both of my at-wills grant basic attacks. Anyone care if I roll their granted attack in the interest of saving time?

OOC: Sure, good idea. Freggo's MBA is +7 for 1d8+3.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Ah-shahran steps out from behind his table and raises his hands, opening them to reveal a chess piece in each hand. The bishops, glowing and slightly transparent, swiftly grow to the size of small dogs as they launch forward at the goblinoids.

Hands now empty, Ah-shahran shouts Let's clear that door! We'll be needing to leave before this place burns down!

Meanwhile, Freggo is suddenly aware of a ghostly bulldog at his side. A comforting warmth spreads over him as the dog snarls at the hobgoblins.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: to O37
Standard: Twin Panthers, first attack at Gah. If it hits, second attack at Fiery Pete, otherwise second attack also at Gah. edit: these attacks target Reflex, forgot to put that in my die rolls.
Minor: Call Spirit Companion in square U25, granting 4 temp HP to Freggo.[/sblock]

Gah! is swiftly savaged, the Hobgoblin staggers backwards and tumbles back down the stairs, lies motionless at the bottom- neck broken.

Fiery Pete suffers too, he's scratched and clawed by the second panther but he's made of hardier stuff- that said he's just seen his Hobgoblin troopers cut to the quick.

Kalimaru is next in to the action...

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #1 Bar Fight

Turn: 1

Initiative (* = Next to play)

26 Sneaky Goblin #1
26 Sneaky Goblin #2
23 Magnus (TSS)
21 Freggo
19 Hobgoblin #1
19 Hobgoblin #2
19 Hobgoblin #4
15 Viator (Raven)
14 Ah-shahran (Tiornys)
13 Kalimaru (Hairychin)*
11 Kyalia (Thanee)
0 Patrons of the Inn

HP & Conditions

PCs
Ah-shahran 30/30 Surges 8/8
Freggo 27/17 (+4 Temp) Surges 9/9
Kalimaru 25/25 Surges 8/8
Kyalia 26/26 Surges 8/8
Magnus 38/38 Surges 13/13
Viator 26/15 Surges 8/8

Monsters
Sneaky Goblin #1- 4 damage taken & Marked by Magnus.
Sneaky Goblin #2- 6 damage taken
Hobgoblin #1
Hobgoblin #2
Hobgoblin #3- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #4
Hobgoblin #5- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #6- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #7- DEAD.

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Sneaky Goblin #1- Move on to bar (R27). Light 2nd Torch. Throw Torch behind bar (M29), it burns.

Sneaky Goblin #2- Burst in to Inn & Move (N42). Throw Bitumen Torch Viator- Hit 1 HO Fire damage and the Torch burns.

Magnus- Draw Warhammer. Leap on the bar and to R30. Charge Scorch- Hit 4 damage & Marked.

Freggo- Move W27. Luring Strike Hob#3 Doofus- Hit & Killed, and Shift to V25. Aegis of Ensnarement Smeg.

Hob#1- Move V24. Longsword Freggo- Hit 5 damage.

Hob#2- Shift U26. Longsword Freggo- Hit 5 damage.

Hob#4- Charge Berk- Hit & Killed.

Hob#5- Move N41. Charge Viator- Hit 5 damage.

Hob#6- Move N41. Charge Viator- Hit 5 damage.

Hob#7- Move N41. Ready Action.

Viator- Move Torch M42. Fey Step W36. Dimensional Scramble- Gah, Fiery Pete, Thug, Gut Spike & Trev- Gut Spike & Trev killed.

Ah-shahran- Move O37. Twin Panther- Gah & Fiery Pete- Hit both, Gah killed, Fiery Pete 6 damage. Summon Spirit Companion U25 4 Temp HP Freggo.

Kalimaru-

[/sblock]

I'll update the map when I get home and repost for all to see.

Last edited:

hairychin

First Post
Kali

Kali grins at the quick reactions of the other patrons, and is at one with the hit them hard and fast option, though there seems only one way he can make his axes count quickly, and he so wants to let them meet Fiery Pete up close and personal.

He draws both axes, centres his darker powers on Pete, an attempts to hurtle across the bannister and table that seperates them.

OOC: Minor: Draw weapons
Free: Drop an Assassins shroud on Pete
Move: Across table to and on to O42, with Acrobatics check

And finds himself flat out - damn those pies are hard so awkward to avoid!!

But he just has time to get himself upright.

OOC: Standard Action: Stand up!!
Well that didn't go as planned. Thinking I've ended up somewhere around R40?

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Kali grins at the quick reactions of the other patrons, and is at one with the hit them hard and fast option, though there seems only one way he can make his axes count quickly, and he so wants to let them meet Fiery Pete up close and personal.

He draws both axes, centres his darker powers on Pete, an attempts to hurtle across the bannister and table that seperates them.

OOC: Minor: Draw weapons
Free: Drop an Assassins shroud on Pete
Move: Across table to and on to O42, with Acrobatics check

And finds himself flat out - damn those pies are hard so awkward to avoid!!

But he just has time to get himself upright.

OOC: Standard Action: Stand up!!
Well that didn't go as planned. Thinking I've ended up somewhere around R40?

Kali picks a chicken drumstick from behind his ear...

OOC: You end in Q41.

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #1 Bar Fight

Turn: 1

26 Sneaky Goblin #1
26 Sneaky Goblin #2
23 Magnus (TSS)
21 Freggo
19 Hobgoblin #1
19 Hobgoblin #2
19 Hobgoblin #4
15 Viator (Raven)
14 Ah-shahran (Tiornys)
13 Kalimaru (Hairychin)
11 Kyalia (Thanee)*
0 Patrons of the Inn
0 Fire

HP & Conditions

PCs
Freggo 27/17 Surges 9/9
Kyalia 26/26 Surges 8/8
Viator 26/15 (+4 Temp) Surges 8/8

Monsters
Sneaky Goblin #2- 6 damage taken. Shroud (Kali).
Hobgoblin #1- Combat Advantage vs.
Hobgoblin #2- Combat Advantage vs. Aegis of Ensnarement (Freggo).
Hobgoblin #3- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #4
Hobgoblin #5- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #6- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #7- DEAD.

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Sneaky Goblin #1- Move on to bar (R27). Light 2nd Torch. Throw Torch behind bar (M29), it burns.

Sneaky Goblin #2- Burst in to Inn & Move (N42). Throw Bitumen Torch Viator- Hit 1 HO Fire damage and the Torch burns.

Magnus- Draw Warhammer. Leap on the bar and to R30. Charge Scorch- Hit 4 damage & Marked.

Freggo- Move W27. Luring Strike Hob#3 Doofus- Hit & Killed, and Shift to V25. Aegis of Ensnarement Smeg.

Viator- Move Torch M42. Fey Step W36. Dimensional Scramble- Gah, Fiery Pete, Thug, Gut Spike & Trev- Gut Spike & Trev killed.

Ah-shahran- Move O37. Twin Panther- Gah & Fiery Pete- Hit both, Gah killed, Fiery Pete 6 damage. Summon Spirit Companion U25 4 Temp HP Freggo.

Kalimaru- Draw Axe. Shroud Fiery Pete. Move with Athletics check- Fail Q41.

Kyalia-

[/sblock]

OOC: Kyalia you're up...

Goken100

First Post
Freggo shouts out, "To any able to fight, help me down these monsters while they're distracted by these ghostly animals! Then we can start evacuating everyone before the fire starts to claim lives!"

OOC: They're granting combat advantage!

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Kyalia

Nodding approvingly to Viator, as he drops two of the hobgoblins, and then seeing the Deva remove the goblin's bodyguard, Kyalia sees a chance to strike at him. She leaps up the table and balances between the plates and dishes with great agility, all the while taking aim at the goblin holding the torch. Two arrows leave her string in rapid succession, racing towards her quarry.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Jump on the table and move up to P40
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Fiery Pete
Standard: Twin Strike on Fiery Pete (2x)[/SBLOCK]

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Nodding approvingly to Viator, as he drops two of the hobgoblins, and then seeing the Deva remove the goblin's bodyguard, Kyalia sees a chance to strike at him. She leaps up the table and balances between the plates and dishes with great agility, all the while taking aim at the goblin holding the torch. Two arrows leave her string in rapid succession, racing towards her quarry.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Jump on the table and move up to P40
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Fiery Pete
Standard: Twin Strike on Fiery Pete (2x)[/SBLOCK]

Both arrows strike home and Fiery Pete staggers, the blood drains from his face, he seems to be having doubts.

The scene seems to unfreeze, life and motion suspended during the brief seconds of shock, return- the patrons of the Nentir Inn scream and run amok, actually run mostly away.

Dishonourable mentions for the following individuals-

Earl Pye dives under a table and cowers, while Caridol, Jimbo and Gurp the Killer head for the nearest greenery and attempt to hide within.

Honourable (but stupid) mention goes to Wumpus who attacks Smeg the Hobgoblin with a metal plate- Smeg doesn't look to be that bothered by this event, Wumpus you notice is a little drunk...

BOOM!

While behind the bar a liquor cabinet explodes, and the fire spreads- as it does also behind Fiery Pete (ironic really), the Goblin's exit is getting warmer.

[sblock=Combat]
Encounter #1 Bar Fight

Turn: 2

26 Sneaky Goblin #1*
26 Sneaky Goblin #2
23 Magnus (TSS)
21 Freggo
19 Hobgoblin #1
19 Hobgoblin #2
19 Hobgoblin #4
15 Viator (Raven)
14 Ah-shahran (Tiornys)
13 Kalimaru (Hairychin)
11 Kyalia (Thanee)
0 Patrons of the Inn
0 Fire

HP & Conditions

PCs
Freggo 27/17 Surges 9/9
Kyalia 26/26 Surges 8/8
Viator 26/15 (+4 Temp) Surges 8/8

Monsters
Sneaky Goblin #2- 16 damage taken. Shroud (Kali). Quarry (Kyalia)
Hobgoblin #1- Combat Advantage vs.
Hobgoblin #2- Combat Advantage vs. Aegis of Ensnarement (Freggo).
Hobgoblin #3- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #4
Hobgoblin #5- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #6- DEAD.
Hobgoblin #7- DEAD.

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Kalimaru- Draw Axe. Shroud Fiery Pete. Move with Athletics check- Fail Q41.

Kyalia- Jump up on to table and Move P40. Quarry Fiery Pete. Twin Strike Fiery Pete- Hit & Hit for 10 damage- Bloodied.

Bar Patrons- Run around screaming, or flee, or hide. Wumpus attacks Smig- Miss.

Fire- Liquor cabinet explodes- fire spreads. Fire on the stairs behind Fiery Pete does the same.

Turn #2

Sneaky Goblin #1-

[/sblock]

New Map-

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar

In a second the Goblins go again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases