Chicago Gameday 29 is July 9th: Event Planning and GM sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here.[/highlight]

[h1]Gameday 29 Planning[/h1]
This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday 29. If you're interested in running an event for Gameday, or just have planning help to offer, this is the thread for you. If you're confused, go here to learn more about Chicago Gameday.

[h2]Current Event Lineup[/h2]

Morning: 9:30am - 2:30pm
  1. Star Wars Saga Edition, Table D, sw3333
  2. Pathfinder, Table H, William Ronald
  3. Witch Hunter, Table C, Vyvyan Basterd
  4. ICONS, Table G, Reidzilla
  5. Danger Patrol, Table F, SailorKitsune
  6. Burning Empires: part 1, Table A, WJMacGuffin
  7. Buffy RPG, Table B, Ninjacat
  8. ...

Afternoon: 3:30pm - 8:00pm
  1. Fudge/FATE, Table F, ekb
  2. Supernatural RPG, Table D, Ninjacat
  3. Marvel Super Heroes Advanced, Table C, A flannel shirt
  4. D&D 4e, Table E, Dokomo
  5. It Was A Mutual Decision, Table B, Nev the Deranged
  6. Burning Empires: part 2, Table A, WJMacGuffin
  7. Pathfinder, Table H, William Ronald
  8. ...

[h2]The Time, The Place, The Basics[/h2]
[highlight]Gameday 29 will be held on Saturday, July 9th. Events start at 9:30am[/highlight]. Gameday 29 will be hosted by Games Plus, a.k.a., Earth's Greatest Game Store™.

Gameday has two event slots that are 4-5 hours each: a morning slot from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and an afternoon slot from 3:30pm to 8:00pm (and beyond). We typically run at least six events in each slot, with 4-6 players plus GM in each event. GMs may request more/fewer seats in their event, but we have found that 4-6 players per event is ideal.

If you do not have an ENWorld Community Supporter account with Private Messaging enabled, please make sure I have your email address. Feel free to email me.

[h2]Submitting and Running an Event[/h2]
How do I sign up to run an event?
If you would like to run an event for Gameday 29, please post a proposal in this thread.

What info should I provide as part of my proposal?
At the minimum, we need to know:
  • ...The game system you will be using
  • ...How many players will be accommodated
  • ...[highlight]What table you wish to use (take a look at the table map); the size of your event may limit you to certain tables.[/highlight]
  • ...A catchy title
  • ...An event "blurb," i.e., a basic summary of your event
  • ...Whether you want to run the event in the morning or the afternoon

Optional, yet helpful info you can provide includes:
  • ...Whether your event expects prior experience with the rules
  • ...Whether your event is or isn't suitable for all ages
  • ...Whether pregens will be provided
  • ...Links to said pregens (PDFs, Word files, etc)
  • ...Links to info about the game system
  • ...Links to any other files you'd like to offer potential players
  • ...Any images you might like included in the final event description

How long should my event last?
Your event should last at least 4 hours.

If you are running an event in the morning, it should not run longer than 5 hours, so you don't cut into the lunch break.

Events run in the afternoon may last longer than 5 hours, but please be respectful of: a) Games Plus's hours of operation, and b) the needs of players who may be reliant on the Metra scheudle.

When do poeple sign up for my event?
A separate player sign-up thread will be created in a few weeks. You will be notified in advance of the sign-up thread going live. If you are not currently on our mailing list or our Facebook page, please let me know, as this is how we notify event planners of when sign-up goes live.

May I screen potential players?
Pre-approval of player sign-ups is not allowed. By volunteering to run an event, you're agreeing to run it for whomever signs up. Thankfully, everyone who comes to Gameday is totally awesome.

What if I want or need to cancel my event?
You can't! Okay, seriously... please try not to offer an event unless you are certain that you will be able show up and run it come Gameday. If an emergency comes up (and they do, it's okay), please email me as soon as you can, or, worst-case scenario, you can call Games Plus and they should be able to convey the message.

May I run more than one event?
Yes. However, if the scheudle is particularly crowded, please be willing to accomodate other volunteers.

[h2]Suggestions[/h2]
If you have suggestions, recommendations, or ideas for enhancing the fun of Gameday, please feel free to post them here and we'll open up discussion.

Last edited:

Nev the Deranged

First Post
I'll take one. Probably for It Was a Mutual Decision, which I've been meaning to run for a while and keep putting off. No table preference. Details forthcoming.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
[MENTION=6777]buzz[/MENTION] Please sign me up for the AM. Prolly running Hot War but I will decide this weekend toot sweet. Oh, and can I please have the far back table before ninjacat steals it again? :)

[MENTION=14860]Tracer[/MENTION]bullet Can I please play Jayne Cobb again? "My name's Kobb, with a K. See, I told you I was going undercover!"

ekb

First Post
The Four Towers - Grinding Gear, part 2

The Four Towers - The Grinding Gear (part 2)
tumblr_lk9t1w2Mnd1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

The day after the Lord Mayor of Peel announced an emergency increase in this year's taxes, a Mysterious Stranger at the inn reveals to some foreign adventurers that there's a treasure hidden in the vault below the ruins of The Grinding Gear - the abandoned inn on the far side of St Patrick's Island. More than enough to pay the whole town's additional taxes and still have quite a bit left over to share...
All you have to do is get there before the other adventurers, get past Richrom's security devices and get back with the treasure... Simple, right?

Well, not really. First, you rescued a group of magical scholars who claim to be underprepared - yet had 3 times as much stuff as you. Then you found yourselves face to face with a big nasty thing in the well. Running home and being drafted as redcoats almost starts to sound good. Almost.

Old School Dungeoncrawl, New School Crunch. Total fun.
Blackpowder & blade meets King Arthur & faeries (with pirates & redcoats for good measure).

Table: F (flexible)
Timing: PM (not as flexible)

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
[MENTION=6777]buzz[/MENTION] Please sign me up for the AM. Prolly running Hot War but I will decide this weekend toot sweet. Oh, and can I please have the far back table before ninjacat steals it again? :)

I bet you could, except sw3333 already stole it for the AM in the first post! :p

Buzz, I'll run my Supernatural in the PM slot this time, Table D if it's available, or I'll take Table E if WJMacGuffin wants D so bad he's willing to change slots for it. *g*

SUPERNATURAL: RoadTrip Season 2, Episode 5- Death Becomes Him
For Six Players, PM slot, Table D
Blurb:
Things are getting interesting.
When the RoadTrip crew goes to investigate a few cases of people being beaten to death by someone or something with supernatural strength, a disturbing surprise is revealed: the victims were all survivors of previous near-death experiences. Is a demon killing people it feels should have been dead already? Did they make deals to survive, and it's collecting early? And why so violently, almost like a Hellhound in humanoid shape? Or is the killer not a demon at all, could something else be so violent, with superhuman strength?
There's also the disturbing possibility that it's all just a message being sent to the Crew...
More details can be found on my site, _here_.

Thanks, Buzz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases