Chicago Gameday 29 is July 9th: Event Planning and GM sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Anyone interested in a D&D board game in the afternoon? I played this type of game and I enjoyed it.

I might like to try that out. How long does it take to play? I was also wondering if anyone might like to try out the old Dragon Strike game (from 1993), TSR's answer to HeroQuest.

And I'll grab table C in the morning to run something if it is still/now free, please.

buzz

Adventurer
I might like to try that out. How long does it take to play? I was also wondering if anyone might like to try out the old Dragon Strike game (from 1993), TSR's answer to HeroQuest.
You gonna bring a VCR? :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDF9mAHSWZg[/ame]

And I'll grab table C in the morning to run something if it is still/now free, please.
Kelly already grabbed it. Still wan to run something, though?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
You gonna bring a VCR? :)

I'd probably just link to the pertinent videos, especially since the VHS rip runs over thirty minutes. :D

Kelly already grabbed it. Still wan to run something, though?

Probably but let me figure out what before determing a good size table. Dragon Strike could probably run on a hightop but maybe a larger minis battle might be in order. (Either could have been run on C, I think.) :)

buzz

Adventurer
Duh! I updated my local copy of the first post but forgot to update it on ENWorld. It's up to date now.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Duh! I updated my local copy of the first post but forgot to update it on ENWorld. It's up to date now.

Except it's not cuz I picked an Afternoon slot for my game and it ain't on the list.

Hm... that Witch Hunter game looks interesting maybe. What's the system like, VB?

Feanor Liberius

First Post
Man, lots of cool stuff this time. Unless there's a tremendous lack of GMs, I'm gonna bow out this time and play two events. Know that my exceedingly unpopular 4e game could probably be resurrected should we suddenly lose a lot of GMs.
Is that an offer or a threat? Cause really...who would want that to happen to GameDay?

That Firefly games looks mighty intrestin'...

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Hm... that Witch Hunter game looks interesting maybe. What's the system like, VB?

Paraphrasing the book:

Witch Hunter is a game of horror. Minions of the Adversary are real.
Witch Hunter is a game of swashbuckling action. Rules-light, the GM is encouraged to award flashy play.
Witch Hunter is a game of history. You don't need to be a history major (I'm not), but your character's origin matters.
Witch Hunter is a game of folklore. Like our own world, except the folklore is true.
Witch Hunter is a game of faith. The existence of a higher being is absolute truth. People have faith in many different ways. And Witch Hunters use their truth faith in their god of choice to fight against the Adversary.

The mechanics are universal. Your stats, skills and talents determine a dice pool. You roll a number of d10s equal to your pool. Every die that comes up 7 or higher is a success. If you roll a 10 on the die you count the success and reroll the die for a chance at additional success.

The game cares alot about the Witch Hunters' chosen vices and virtues. Hero Points are earned through heroic actions, suffering a setback for sticking by your virtue, and being tempted by the GM to give into your sin. Hero Points can be spent to aid your character.

True Faith measures the strength of faith in your character and has beneficial effects in game.

Damnation Points can be gained by giving into your sins or seeking power from the Adversary. It is a powerful tool that can aid your character, but has drawbacks as well. The most immediate effect is that Damnation limits the amount of True Faith your character can earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads