Adventures in the Nentir Vale--IC

"...but we just got back from an adventure, Falon!" The elf knight speaks with a whine in her voice as she and her three companions enter the alehouse.
"I know, I know," says the human named Falon; his garb pegs him as a warpriest of Pelor. "But that toothy gentleman just offered us 400 gold pieces each to find some sort of artifact that was clumsily lost in transport from the Harkenwold. Now, if we set out this afternoon, we can reach the crossroads by late evening, set up camp, and tomorrow morning start looking for clues as to its whereabouts." He looks at his companions, and adds, "We'll have to hurry, though. The mayor said there might be another adventuring party looking as well, and we don't want them to beat us to---" Falon is suddenly aware of the companions and lowers his voice. He says something to his party that cannot be heard; they all look over at the companions, and leave the alehouse hurriedly.

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

Denaris strains his hearing to understand the cleric's whispered words... but to no avail. He is sure he misunderstood the part about ducks and pants...

[sblock=OOC]
Denaris

do we use background traits? If yes, I will take Birthplace (Forest) for +2 on Perception. (I included it in the roll below. And I got a 1 ...)

please consider him always using aspect of the pouncing Lynx if I state no otherwise.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Grumi mumbles something, but is cut off when the other group of adventurers enter the tavern. After they leave, the mage says "Those bastards want our gold! Enough o' doing nothin', lets move out at once! and hurriedly begins to pack his things, and strapping his backpack.

possum

First Post
Garrett looks on as the other party leaves and sighs. "Damn, looks like that part wasn't a lie," the halfling says. "Fine by me," he says as Grumi begins to pack up his things and gets ready to leave.

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

"I can move immediately. ... Why did we have to met only the ones who pay less than 400gp? Will be interesting to see which is the highest offer."
Denaris whispers to the others as he stands up to move on.

[sblock=OOC]

do we use background traits? If yes, I will take Birthplace (Forest) for +2 on Perception.

please consider him always using aspect of the pouncing Lynx if I state no otherwise.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Denaris
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4 / +8 (Pouncing Lynx)
Hit Points: 26 / 26 Bloodied: 13
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
Current Aspect: Pouncing Lynx
At-Will Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Encounter Powers: Disruptive Shot, Elven Accuracy

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Tanglebeard did not bother to put down his drink as he moved to follow the others. Instead the dwarf skillfully downed the rest of his beverage by the time they hit the exit. He tossed the empty tankard over his shoulder before leaving. As they came outside the ex-Hermit was met by his almost constant companion 'Bear' who almost knocked him over with his friendly greeting. "A'ight then! Lets not be lettin' them varmints beat us to our quarry."

possum

First Post
Garrett is one of the last to leave, paying the bartender for his drinks and then exiting the establishment. The halfling gives a slight smile as he sees the spiritual bear interact with its companion. "I bet if we let him do that to one of those other adventurers," he says with a chuckle, "we wouldn't have to worry much."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Grabbing his spellbook tight and walking pretty fast, Grumi looks back to the others with his usual frown. "Cut the cheap talk and move faster!" he says, rolling his eyes. "We'll let the jokes for when we get those shards and scrub our reward in those looser's face."

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

"Great idea. Now, If we would know a very good tracker. Maybe someone with years of expirience and born in the forest... wait, that is me ;)."
Denaris says with a wink.

[sblock=OOC]

do we use background traits? If yes, I will take Birthplace (Forest) for +2 on Perception.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Denaris
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4 / +8 (Pouncing Lynx)
Hit Points: 26 / 26 Bloodied: 13
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
Current Aspect: Pouncing Lynx