Heroes of Neverwinter Game Coming to Facebook

Dannager

First Post
I came across this news from The Labyrinth, and reported in much more detail at Inside Social Games. Atari is developing a Dungeons & Dragons Facebook social game for release this summer titled Heroes of Neverwinter. NOTE: This is a separate game from Atari's upcoming Neverwinter title, which is a full-on retail release game. Heroes of Neverwinter follows a pattern similar to other Facebook games, it looks like. You'll have a hero who will explore dungeons, and you can recruit friends' characters to aid you.

At first blush it looks like this game will probably have the same sort of relationship with Neverwinter that the Dragon Age Facebook games have had with Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2.

Discuss!

I wonder if the Neverwinter Game is actually still on, now that Atari has sold Cryptic to Perfect World. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a facebook game just to keep the license in their hands, assuming there are some obligations to produce a game utilizing the license.

Riastlin

First Post
It amazes me this particular topic hasn't fired up everyone around here. It looks really amazing to me

I'm more of a "wait and see" person myself. The previous facebook incarnation of D&D was meh at best. Not that you have a lot to work with on a facebook app I realize, but still, was not particularly interesting if you ask me.

RLBURNSIDE

First Post
Who the hell is

managing the D&D brand for Atari? I mean, after the complete mess of 4e what they did with Daggerdale, and now this game's difficulties are "easy, hard, and heroic"...does anyone have a clue about brand management? You don't baudlerize the word Heroic to mean harder than hard. What's Epic? Medium? jeezuz.

I bet you level 11 they will have to rename Pork-Knight tier. You can roll whatever class you like, but they're all porknights or pig-warlocks.

ahhhh...the mind continues to boggle.

HDTVDinner

First Post
I am super excited about it, but I also know how games on Facebook work. I can see only being able to take 2 actions every 4 hours, unless I pony up real world money to buy a "potion of more actions." I would love to be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Remove ads