IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part VI

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]For Erdolliel:

Stoneskin Kush (Erd) - sometime during 'announcements'
Fly (Erd) - sometime during the announcements
Greater Invisibility (Erd) - First round.
Haste? I can't remember if we ever reached consensus on it except that it would be awesome if Kush got to full attack. Neth was going to cast it.

Then she was planning on either crowd control with Tentacles and Ice Storms (if they are dumb) or fiery (why does the e move in that word??) dealies with her empower rod.

Kushnak should probably hit the close ranks first to help protect Nethezar. Erdolliel can hit the casters with invisible empowered scorching rays.[/sblock][sblock=p.s.]I hate quick reply...[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
In the midst of the trio's investigation throughout the night, they learn little more than they already have, and certainly nothing of note.

After the final fireworks display and Raknian's announcement, Ekaym wishes you well, promises to see you soon, and takes his leave. As the nobles and other spectators mill about and begin leaving, the gladiator teams are lead to the southwest portion of the area, where they are, team by team, lowered via a lift to the underbelly of the area.

Upon reaching the bottom, the trio is quickly herded through service hallways, past some circular stairways, and finally to a long stairway and hall leading down the the Coenoby. The Coenoby seems quite comfortable, with smooth floors, good lighting, and warmth, and an underground stream feeds in fresh water. With fresh air, murals on the walls, and the general comfort of the place, it seems like a marvel of underground architecture.

Along with the gladiator teams, there are numerous Arena Wardens on hand to keep the peace. There are also numerous chefs and wait-staff to prepare meals, and the trio learns that an old human named Palemon Nodor, and barber and a surgeon, is on hand to deal with any perilous injuries if there is no magical healing on hand. The larger room on the north end is the kitchen, which also can serve as an infirmary.

The Wardens sternly note that, because there are currently so many of you, they have to be very strict the first night. They forbid you to leave the Coenoby proper. The trio is given one of the rooms to share as a team. While the area is extremely crowded once all the teams are present, in less then 24 hours, only one-sixth of the teams will still remain.

[sblock=OOC]The path you take starts at "A" at the bottom of the lift and ends at "D."

As for tactical goo, Neth has haste as a bard spell. It is the only arena-useful third-level spell he has, so he can pop it three times a day.

Also, I have to relearn all the stuff. My OS, GIMP, and imageshack have all changed since we stopped playing... Sorry for the bad-looking maps.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Once in their room, Erdolliel quickly searches the room thoroughly for anything of note. She then inspects the door to see if there is a functional lock on it.[sblock=oc]Search +18 OL +16[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak leaves Erdolliel to her searching and steps outside to survey the neighboring teams.

"We'll want to keep a watch tonight. I will take our first round."

[sblock=oc]
Kushnak will cast detect magic while inside the rooms, and then exit. He's surveying for anything crazy more than specific information about the people. (If the team next door has strong/overpowering items, it'd be good to know. Also if there's anything inherently magical about the place itself etc. He'll look in their room specifically.

Then outside again for a traditional watching of the folk surrounding us. Spot/Listen 15 Not actually expecting to discover much, if anything.

I'm fine jumping to 'rest'-mode if there's nothing interesting from either search effort.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Good idea on detect magic. Also, Erdolliel has Detect magic, Read magic, and Comprehend Languages all permanent on her. I assume that means that she jsut sees magic auras, and if she wants more information, she can focus on them, but I may be wrong. If it is the case that she just sees it all, I guess I need to know what was magical on anyone we've seen lately. Because I didn't prompt already, maybe we can just stick with Tirra and the other competitors and guards that we see?[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]
ooh. detect magic is permanent for you, right. that could be a can o' worms. ;) That's Di's call on just what it gives you and when/at what cost. :)

[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry. I've been distracted by kitties. When I have my laptop on my lap, they get enthralled by the sound of me typing. And I'm pretty sure they can even see the letters popping up on the screen, which they watch. Of course, they then try to get closer to the screen for watching, which means stepping on the keyboard. I may need to make the spare room and office and just not let them inside...

Also, both cats really want to eat my laptop's power cord...[/sblock]Erdolliel notes that, while there is no actual lock, the door to the room can be blocked from inside with a study wooden bar designed for that purpose.

Kushnak's perusal of the area is not extremely effective. While the Coenoby isn't cramped, it is certainly crowded with all 24 teams present. Kushnak is able to meet the healer/barber Palemon, who comes across as extremely professional and polite. Kushnak, aided by his spell, can quickly sort out the seriously contenders. They share common traits: a variety of magic auras, a lack of inebriation, and no desire to talk. The lower rung consists of young would-be heroes, most of whom clearly drank too much of the free booze, and appear to lack the ability to shut up.

There is a middle tier, consisting of people with some competence. Teams that, with luck, could actually accomplish something in the arena. A few of them have enough nervous energy to actually talk. Most are simply concerned about seeing what the matches are posted in the morning.

A gong marks the passing of every hour, except after 10:00 and before 6:00. Most of the gladiators turn in early, either to escape the crowd, make their own preparations, or simply calm their nerves.
[sblock=OOC]Of course, I forgot about the detect magic. I also, of course, have no desire to gimp an ability for which you paid a premium. But, frankly, I've no desire to look up all the items and auras... especially for people that aren't even statted out in the adventure. In the first round, you can only detect the presence of magic, which is likely all you'll get unless you start staring at people. I'll try to remember to give you more details as appropriate, but for now, lots of people have lots of magic stuff.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel shrugs as Kushnak goes out. "There's lots of magic on lots of people, but it wouldn't hurt to see if you can detect a pattern. I'm going to save the creepy staring I need to do to get more information for tomorrow though. I'll try to tell you all what I see during the announcements."[sblock=oc]I'm fine with that compromise and I'll try to remember to prompt you about my permanents more often until we all get used to me seeing/hearing/reading stuff.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]I tried to send this as an edit to my last post, but it's not working[/sblock]

When he gets back, Erdolliel puts the bar in place and goes into her trance for the evening.[sblock=oc]Also if anyone else wants to do anything else, we can wait on the bar. I'm excited to get to the fighting though. :)[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
"Too many riff raff here." Kushnak says shaking his head almost despondently, before preceding back into their quarters and settling in for the night.

[sblock=oc]

I'm down with proceeding. It'll be fine. :D

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases