[Adventure] Underneath Hadeys' Door: DM ScorpiusRisk, Judge Renau1g

CaBaNa

First Post
As they shamble along, Kamotz keeps a friendly patter going with Hunzu, while rhythmically bashing himself and Whiggins. Where I come from, Bacarte, everyone refers to Lauto as Hadeys.... Even renamed the church, Church of Hadeys, Bacarte... Death is Death though, doesn't matter how you call it... The goblins have many words for Death, good words, strong words, short words... I like short words, easy to understand, quick to get the meaning across. Pilgrimage is a big word, should be called a... a... Kamotz scratches behind Whiggins ear, the flail ceasing it's marching beat. a calling. Yeah that is short. Calling.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Could you keep it down a bit, priest? I cannot hear myself think, not to say move. You'll announce our arrival on the other end of the island and we'll walk into an ambush.

Sound of Stone, care for another scouting trip? Let's see what's up there before these can be heard for real?"

OOC: if Sound of Stone comes along, roll for Illarion then inform us of the result, please. Not going far, but still this time it's real scouting toward the building.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
You approach the temple cautiously, stopping a couple hundred feet away as you decide who best to make the initial approach. From this distance you can still make out sounds of animals life coming from the nearby forest, though none seem to come from the structure ahead. The building is defiantly quite old, with carvings that have faded in form wrapping around the top of each wall.

GM: At this point I'm running with a 4 person party. Corvus and Cynthia have decided it is best to make camp, and leave one or two people present to watch the entrance and meet ships if need be.

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz growls for a moment, and falls into a lengthy silence, the mention of an ambush setting him to alert.

[sblock=Ministat]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +2 Passive Insight 21 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
HP 40/40; TempHP 0; Bloodied 20; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 1
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Death's Shadow, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Healing Strike
Daily: Blood of the Mighty

Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
HP 67/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
+10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: At this point I'm running with a 4 person party. Corvus and Cynthia have decided it is best to make camp, and leave one or two people present to watch the entrance and meet ships if need be.

Too bad, it would be fun with three leaders to see who could run out of surges first :)

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu stops beside Kamotz. His gaze transfixed upon the runes that scroll against the top of the buildings. Attempting to determine if they as worth while to him or not.*

[sblock=Skill Checks]Hunzu will be checking over the runes upon the building from a distance. Letting the others lead the way there. Staying near Kamotz and Whiggins.

Arcana: 24

History: 18

Religion: 25[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Hunzu]You don't sense any active magic in the stone work. However, you do pick up on the signs that mark it as a House of Hades. Your own knowledge surpasses the sailor's a bit, you suspect it to not be a temple, but more likely the entrance to a crypt.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz keeps watch on the area, keen senses tuned outwards looking for signs of ambush from the jungle, and the temple ahead.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu looks over the runes from a distance as the approach. His telepathy speaking out to Kamotz.*

"This is no Temple we seek to enter. This is a crypt to Hadeys' itself. What is it we seek to gain here at this unholy place of death?"

*Not even looking over to Kamotz. His gaze continues to scroll across the symbols and shapes for anything that may stick out.*

Remove ads