D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Underneath Hadeys' Door: DM ScorpiusRisk, Judge Renau1g - Page 7





  1. #61
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Darksteed
    Neurotic
    Neurotic would you mind pushing it away from me? I don't want it anywhere close to me. I pushed them near you and Stone to set you guys up. Then shifted to give Kamotz flank against the one Stirge. If you don't want it close to you that's fine. Just push it away and up the map. Setting it way off and out of position, As it stands right now it can simply shift and get to me. Not good since I am the lowest level member of the team with the lowest defenses and no magic gear. Thanks.
    Kauldron (Goblin Paladin 8), Hunzu (Shardmind Mage 3), Cyrus (Khan Executioner 3)

 

  • #62
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,046
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    No problem. The idea was to give our melee tank two targets. I'll change the position so Sound of Stone can burst them easily.

  • #63
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Rules
    Normally you cannot shift while grabbed, however, I'm going to allow it here, as Stirge's shouldn't really be keeping you in one spot. I will say, for the sake of keeping combat manageable, if you move/shift while grabbed by a stirge, you must stay adjacent to that stirge's current square.


    Fight
    Map: Stirge Fight

    22 Stirge 1 - 18/22 - W 12- Acted
    Stirge 2 - 18/22 - W 12 - Acted
    19 Strength of Stone
    15 Hunzu - Bloodied. - Acted
    7 Illarion - Acted
    5 Kamotz


    "Kamotz, move that wolf to the left!"

    *Hunzu looks to the pair of stirges whom seem to be attacking him curious as to why exactly they would prefer to suck from stone rather then the large ample flesh that rests beside himself. Hunzu raises his Telanta Sharrash into the air vertically then slams the blunt end of it down into the ground. The earth beneath there feet rumbles with arcane might as Hunzu's eyes glow fiercely. A pulse of power ripples forwards leaving Kamotz and Whiggins unharmed though sends the pair of stirges sailing through the air.*

    "Nevermind!" calls out the sorcerer when stirges get pushed close to him. "I've got it!"

    Illarion pops out of his hiding and calls up the mist to befuddle the minds of little blood suckers. For the moment, he looses control of his spell and the mist thickens around him before blasting out, pushing the stirges and Sound of stone away from him.

    One of stirges flies far away and severely hurt by the attack, it goes crashing into the ground. The other one is only pushed slightly.

    Illarion hides behind the boulder again to avoid direct attack.

    Results
    Everything hit but the natural 1. Stirge 3 is dead. Will defense and HP revealed.
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Thursday, 14th July, 2011 at 06:06 PM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #64
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Darksteed
    DM
    Normally Hunzu wouldn't be able to shift because of being grabbed but Hunzu pushed the pair of stirges that were grabbing Kamotz and himself away. A target cannot continue the grab if it is pushed out of it's reach. Stirge 1 missed Hunzu and is not grabbing anyone. Just to clarify how things went is all.
    Kauldron (Goblin Paladin 8), Hunzu (Shardmind Mage 3), Cyrus (Khan Executioner 3)

  • #65
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    OOC
    You are of course correct. I was thinking that you had pushed the non grabbing stirge, but why would you have done that? I'll update the statuses.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #66
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    What? before the shifter can process Illarion's question, one stirge is already dead, and the others have been shuffled about. Moments later he finally understands the situation, That isn't your life force! Shouts Kamotz, swinging with all his might, Give it back! The triple-headed flail makes crunching noises as it connects, and the stirge stops moving. Dark mists rise from the body, glowing almost with a black light, they float through the air before filtering back into Hunzu and reinvigorating him.

    Whiggins reacts to the lack of enemy nearby, launching Kamotz after the next closest stirge. The priest of Death lowers his gaze, Your time is nigh creature. says the shifter while raising his flail arm.

    Spoiler:



    standard
    Healing strike on S1
    21 vs AC (includes CA from flank)
    22 damage and @Darksteed Hunzu can spend a healing surge and regains an additional 4 HP.

    move to J6-K7

    minor divine challenge
    Kamotz marks S2, The first time the target makes an attack that doesn't include Kamotz, it takes 2 radiant damage. If Kamotz doesn't attack the target, or finish his turn adjacent to it, this effect ends. Kamotz can use this power only once per turn.





    Ministat



    Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
    Initiative +2 Passive Insight 21 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
    HP 34/40; TempHP 0; Bloodied 20; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 9/9
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
    Second wind; Not Used
    Action point; 1
    Speed 5
    At-will: Holy Strike, Death's Shadow, Divine Challenge
    Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Healing Strike
    Daily: Blood of the Mighty






    Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
    Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
    Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
    HP 67/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
    AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
    Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
    Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
    +10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
    Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
    Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
    Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
    Alignment Unaligned Languages -
    Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
    Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)


    Last edited by CaBaNa; Friday, 15th July, 2011 at 01:08 AM.
    MAGIC!

  • #67
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Fight
    Map: Stirge Fight

    22
    Stirge 2 - 18/22 - AC 15, W 12 - Acted
    19 Strength of Stone
    15 Hunzu - Acted
    7 Illarion - Acted
    5 Kamotz - Acted


    What? before the shifter can process Illarion's question, one stirge is already dead, and the others have been shuffled about. Moments later he finally understands the situation, That isn't your life force! Shouts Kamotz, swinging with all his might, Give it back! The triple-headed flail makes crunching noises as it connects, and the stirge stops moving. Black mists, rise from the body, filtering back into Hunzu.

    Whiggins reacts to the lack of enemy nearby, launching Kamotz after the next closest stirge. The priest of Death lowers his gaze, Your time is nigh creature.

    Results

    Hit and dead. Ac revelaed
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #68
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore rb780nm
    Sound of Stone circles around the remaining stirge, trapping it between him and Kamotz. With a loud call, he springs into action, spearing and slashing.

    OOC:
    Open gates of Battle, TK claws (1d20+7,2d10+6, 1d20+9,1d8+6=[18, 7], [1, 7, 6], [5, 9], [1, 6])

    Open Gates hits reflax 27 (with flank) for 14
    Flurry of Blows does additional 6 Damage
    TK claws hits AC 16 (with flank) for 7

    It's dead


  • #69
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    GM: I'm taking us out of initiative and not updating the map. At least for now.


    Sound of Stone's assault is enough to tear the demonic bug into severals small, bloody chunks. Before the groups can give each other looks of approval, a strange sound is heard echoing around you, as if someone was clapping slowly, but no one can be seen. Then comes a voice, gutteral in its own way, as if not quite human but with clearly a well spoken tongue.

    "An excellent showing. Well done. Bravo. That first round didn't take you fellow's long at all, now did it?"
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #70
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    Kamotz listens intently, searching for the reason behind his enemies hesitance. Our pack is strong, and we smell weakness.
    Last edited by CaBaNa; Monday, 18th July, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
    MAGIC!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •