D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????) - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 537
  1. #31
    The keep finally becomes visible on a distant hill at the foot of the mountains. As the wagons approach it becomes apparent that the fortifications have become ruined with disuse. The outer walls have crumbled and gape with gaps. The moat, visible now up close has been filled in with stones and dirt. The keep itself stands in good repair, perhaps two levels and less than a dozen rooms.

    The wagons park near the front porthole and for a few moments there is no response from within. Then the doors are thrown open to eject a young woman in simple servant's clothes, running and crying. She heads straight for the Earl and barely pulls up short.
    Oh, Lee, it's horrible. The kitchens have been ransacked! she blurts before looking around and mumbling milord and curtsies.
    I play in Living 4th Edition and Living Eberron

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Never one to let a possible juicy bit of gossip pass her by, Auntie Mab can tell that there's more to this relationship than that of a lord to his servant. But she doesn't quite pickup the finer nuances of the exchange. Still, she watches the Earl closely as she asks, "Oh, dear. Who's your young friend Sir Lee? She seems awfully upset!"

    Insight (1d20+9=17)
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #33
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    The warlord hops of the wagon, equips his shield and readies his sword, then scans the surrounding area. However, during the search a gust of wind kicked up some dust which sprayed into Max's eyes. Damn! Can't see
    He blinks his eyes several time before his sight comes back to normal.

    perception check: 1d20+5=9
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #34
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky View Post

    OOC: Fighters can out-striker some of the strikers anyway, looks pretty decent on your sheet. One question though, two of your powers have d12 instead of d6, what does that come from? Also, Iron Armbands of power, Tempest Technique, Two Weapon Fighting don't apply to Rain of Steel since it's not a weapon attack and there's no attack roll involved. Sir Exsixten normally has +8 on damage too, but only gets +2 on Rain of Steel :/
    OOC: The d12 was a mistake, thanks for pointing that out

    Rain of Steel's damage is wrong too. I believe Draglin has +4 (+2 weapon, +1 weapon focus, +1 two weapon fighting)Two Weapon Fighting should work since it is for damage rolls with that weapon and not just weapon attacks.

    Yeah Rangers get tons of off-turn attacks, while fighters only get a few.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnmeier1 View Post
    The keep finally becomes visible on a distant hill at the foot of the mountains. As the wagons approach it becomes apparent that the fortifications have become ruined with disuse. The outer walls have crumbled and gape with gaps. The moat, visible now up close has been filled in with stones and dirt. The keep itself stands in good repair, perhaps two levels and less than a dozen rooms.

    The wagons park near the front porthole and for a few moments there is no response from within. Then the doors are thrown open to eject a young woman in simple servant's clothes, running and crying. She heads straight for the Earl and barely pulls up short.
    Oh, Lee, it's horrible. The kitchens have been ransacked! she blurts before looking around and mumbling milord and curtsies.
    Never fear miss, for Sir Draglin of Draconia is here! the Dragonborn shouts running up to the women and kissing her on the hand. I shall find thine dastardly thief and bring him to justice!

    To the kitchens! Draglin shouts, running into the keep. After several moments he comes back out. Um...where are the kitchens?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #35
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    Jonathan scans the area, looking for signs of recent activity. (Perception 24)

  • #36
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    To the kitchens! Draglin shouts, running into the keep. After several moments he comes back out. Um...where are the kitchens?
    Max shakes his head and and sighs, then chuckles to himself. So much for the element of surprise. He then shouts See anything in there dragonborn?
    Last edited by dimsdale; Tuesday, 14th June, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #37
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Um... Draglin says, trying to remember what was inside.

    OOC: Perception = 22 (passive = 15)
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #38
    OOC: This is great! I didn't even have to say the skill challenge had started and you are already rolling. Don't worry there is no set successes and failures just if you discover one clue or have to look elsewhere. So...


    The Earl blushes and steps back from the woman. Ah, this is Joy, my maidservant. She does almost all the housekeeping. Joy, please show us what happened. Don't worry, these are my escort from Daunton and friendly.

    The group goes into a large foyer, where on one wall stairs descend from above. Through this you are lead to a dining room that has a door leading out. Joy points to the doorway with a shakey hand.

    OOC: No results yet, you can keep your perception or use passive OR try another skill. Sblocks for some to come tomorrow

  • #39
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    To the kitchen! Draglin shouts, running in the door. Ah ha! I spot an empty kitchen! I see it now, though I knew I would see it if I have found the before-mentioned kitchen earlier! It looks ransacked to me! Some knave or blackguard or villain must of came in here and took things! No doubt because of some evil scheme...

    Onward to clue finding! Draglin shouts, looking around for any clues (and hoping to see dragon or princess footprints).

    OOC: Draglin will keep his Perception roll
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #40
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    (+2 weapon, +1 weapon focus, +1 two weapon fighting)
    OOC: Both of those feats apply to "weapon attacks". There was debate on the 4e CharOp forums about whether that meant with "Attack Powers" or only "powers that have attack rolls". I believe it was eventually released somewhere that it was only for things with attack rolls. There might be someone with the Compendium that can find it?


    Dante silently moves through the castle, looking for signs of whatever it was that attacked while Virgil plods along behind him sleepily.

    Perception 18
    1d20+12+2(within 5 of Virgil)=18.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    2. Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 249
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
    3. Replies: 750
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd March, 2011, 08:09 PM
    4. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM
    5. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •