[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''urgh, someone is gonna get hurt. Hey Raiyek, don't get too far ahead. For some reason Eefaystos doesn't deem it worthwhile to allow me to heal friends who drifted more than 25 feet or so away from me, mmmkay?''

Hadrak moves forward cautiously, trying to appear every bit as harmless as Raiyek. It ought to be easier; he doesn't carry nearly as big a sword.

-''By the way, guys, if we have to fight, can we be on the side of the dinosaur? I've got this feeling like I love him, he loves me and maybe we could be a happy family. Not quite sure where it comes from.''

[sblock=Actions]Move to square forward.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
The attempt of Raiyek seems to be unsuccessful. The language barrier seems too strong for him to overcome, even with Hadrak's help. But Georg feels the Bladelings have been hesitating a moment, but in front of the threat the beast creature toward them, they have continue to fight. Georg even have felt the behemoth hesitation.

The Behemoth sweep again his tails around him, downing again two other hunter. Raiyek have time to see the mace-tail coming to him and raise his shield and deflect the hit, but feels his arms becoming numb a moment under the strength of the creature.

The continue their fight. Two comes into close combat and stab the the creature, but the behemoth deflect the spear of one of his opponent and the hunter finish by stabbing his own friend. The others continue to throw their javelin and two make their mark. One seems annoyed by Raiyek being in front of him and shout after him, but Raiyek doesn't understand.

[SBLOCK=At renau1g][MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]: Siggar hears from the bladeling "Get out of the way or fight with us.". They seems to speak the Giant and another language you didn't understand earlier.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Map]Map

- The brown squares are the trail and they are normal terrain.

- The tree's square are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through.

- The river squares are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through. Also, moving through or acting within such square need an Acrobatic roll, DC: 10. Upon failure, you fall prone and can continue your action, but with all penalties and restrictions of being prone.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Lizard:
Free: Lizard recharge (1d6=5)
Standard: Tail Sweep vs. Refl on Spearman4, Spearman6, Raiyek (1d20+11=27, 1d20+11=22, 1d20+11=18, 1d8+7=10)[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Behemoth: HP -42; Tail Sweep used
Spearman1:
Spearman2:
Spearman3:
Spearman4: Dying
Spearman5: Dying
Spearman6: Death
Spearman7: Stabilized
Spearman8:
Spearman9: Death
Spearman10:
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]For the diplomacy check:
Base roll: 30
Aid Another from Hadrak: +2
Circumstance Bonus on Bladeling for stabilizing one of the group: +2
Circumstance penalty to speak an unknown language: -10
Total: 24
DC: 25

Without the proper language, this is not an easy task. Also Georg figure out that if you convince one side to stop the fight, the other side will probably hold on their attack too.[/SBLOCK]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Well, if they can't understand us thinks Georg Hey, if I can put most of them to sleep, what can we do to stop the rest? shouts the dwarven wizard quickly, opening his tome.

OOC: Forgot I had Sleep memorized again. I can get all of them (plus Raiyek, sorry) if we want.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]That sounds like a decent plan. Raiyek could do a Total Defense for the +2 to defenses, or try to get out of the area. With the +2, you'd need a 14 to hit Raiyek, which is alright odds.

It looks like the hunters aren't going to last very long if we don't side with them, either. I guess we could always try knocking them out (instead of killing them) with normal attacks as well - the behemoth would probably stop once they're unconscious, and at least they'd still be alive.

Also, apologies for Raiyek's brashness. ;) He's just really not the kind to just stand on the sidelines and watch.[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Well, if big momma is asleep maybe the rest will stop and we won't have to worry about that. If they attack us . . . Dane slaps the flat end of his axe against the palm of his hand.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raiyek, move back! Shouts Georg, hoping the paladin can get out of the way or steel himself for the powerful spell he is casting. The amulet around the dwarven wizard's neck glows as mystic feathers fall around the eyes of the great beast and bladelings.

[sblock=OOC]Use Amulet of Elegy and Sleep, not rolling against Raiyek. Lord Sessadore can either move him out of the AoE (provoking AoO) or roll against himself.

They all have a -3 penalty to the first save.
Hit: Target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its first saving throw against this power, the target becomes unconscious (save ends).
Miss:
Target is slowed (save ends)
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Seems renau1g is out of action for the moment and for an unknown amount of time. You are welcome to suggest action for his character until his comeback and also you are free to look at the SBLOCK for renau1g of my previous post for more information about the situation.

I'll update tomorrow and hope to see [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION] telling me what Raiyek will do before Georg cast his sleep spell.[/SBLOCK]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Not quite sure who we are trying to help here, but a likely outcome is that plenty of hunters fall asleep while the big dinosaur shrugs it off and can then snack on the bladeling - assuming he doesn't mind the blades, of course. Seeing as I was supporting the dinosaur I guess I should say 'yay'.

OOC: I am referring to the fact that the dinosaur is likely a solo with +4 to his save. With the -3 to to saves that Georg inflicts there's still 60% chance that the dino stays on his feet while 60% of the hunters fall to the ground...

This is likely to end like a Godzilla movie. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases