[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Nebten

First Post
Wha'? Dat don't make no sense. T'was your villagers that slayed the beast, we just ran it off. Do da spirits no like your warriors either?

Dane then stands errect and cocks his head to the side with a double blink of the eyes. He holds up one index finger and takes a few steps back away from giant.

One speck, sire.

Men, why don't we just see if we can get them to sail us out there and then they can take their boat back once we are dropped off. We got magic to get home right? They can keep da boat and we get to go where we need too. Dunno 'bout you, but I would just get all tangled up in those ropes anyways let alone sail the damn thing. It might be easier to ask for this instead of wanting the whole thing.

Velmont

First Post
"Spirits doesn't perceive things like we do. From what I've learn I guess without your intervention, our hunters would have been killed, and the dying beast would have been saved and healed from his wound.

For now, we don't need any more warrior, and wards are enough for our need. When the spirits are not please, the forest become more dangerous, and we can't ward the whole forest.

But your idea will be brought at the council dwarf. But the travel is dangerous, and and sending someone with you is risking his life. But bringing back the boat would prevent us to lose it."

Velmont

First Post
"The council is about to start. I need to go." The Goliath leave the group.

"We will have celebration tonight, as a beast have been hunted successfully. As such success wouldn't have been possible without your actions, you are welcome to stay for the celebration." tells the Apprentice.

The group return to the village to wait for the result of the council. They find Sigarr and Georg coming back from the forge. An hour later, the sun is setting down as Pretor come to announce the decision.

"You have saved the live of five of our hunters, thanks to your Voice of the Smith. Your Iron Man also have helped get more essence from the beast and your Flaming Staff helped Keroac in his forge. For these reasons, we decided to trade you a passage through the sea in exchange of the knowledge of the ritual your Flaming Staff have used. If you agree, one of our fisherman will guide you through the sea and come back with the boat, as your Unbroken Shield have suggested.

With the celebration, we will prepare the boat tomorrow morning, and you'll leave at the same time as the other fisherman, at sunrise. If you are in a hurry, you could set sail tonight, but missing the celebration bring badluck."

[SBLOCK=OOC]At first, this whole negotiation has been planned as a skill challenge, but things have turn out I felt it was better to let the roleplay in front. But I kept the mechanic result:

Hadrak: Heal: 34 => Success (Bonus Item)
Incarnation: Arcane: 30 => Success (Bonus Item)
Incarnation: Diplomacy: 27 => Critical(2 Success)
Hadrak: Religion: 20 => Nothing (Not toward the goal)
Raiyek: Diplomacy: 26 => Success
Raiyek: Diplomacy: 27 => Success
Hadrak: Diplomacy: 24 => Failure
Raiyek: Diplomacy: 15 => Failure
Georg: Insight: 26 => Success
Georg: Ritual => Success

That's 8 success for 2 failure. A complete success.[/SBLOCK]

johnmeier1

Explorer
An excellent bargain, I think Georg notes to the other dwarves. He then looks at Raiyek. Thanks again for all your diplomacy old friend

OOC: Copying the ritual cost goes to them, but I will take off components for the one use...

Velmont

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION], [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=79391]Nebten[/MENTION], [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] : - You have a boat.
- The village will pay for the cost to transcribe the ritual.
- Don't forget to remove the casting cost of the Affect Normal Fire used by Georg.

So, what do you want to do, set sail now or tomorrow morning.

Nebten

First Post
A good omen and a feast to boot! I see no need to rush off into the night seas. Let us enjoy the celebration. If I'm going to be lurging into the sea, I might have some good ale the night before.

Velmont

First Post
After the sun is set, a large fire is lit on the central place. On one side of the fire, piece of meat from the beast have been placed so they can dry. On the other side, the bladelings have been preparing a feast. Different plates of meat, fish and roots vegetable have been prepared.

The night start around plates, and the group and the healthy hunters have to pick the first choice before the remaining of the tribe pick up there plates. Discussion goes around. Pretor and Feyr are sitting nearby.

Feyr is speaking of his travel to Daunton, where he has been searching for the trace of a group of adventurer who would have stolen a relic of their tribe a decade ago. The relic had been store in the tomb of an ancestor. The Gods had spoken to him about the defiling of the tomb and he had been hunting a group of adventurer with a minimal description without much success.

Pretor spoke about his origin. He had been a member of a tribe of his own kind. But when the cursed felt on Valhyr, his tribe became mad. For a reason he doesn't know, he kept all his sanity and escape the bloodfrenzy of his tribe. He traveled to the bladeling village, where both tribes lived in mutual respect and made some trade. The baldeling tribe has escaped the continent a month after his arrival, after an attack of a group of angel.

The night continue with hunting story. The group doesn't understand much as all is spoken in the native language, but the choreograph of the storyteller make the story pretty interesting. The first story is quickly recognize as the event of the morning, then followed by other hunting story.

Late in the night, drum music starts and the people starts to dance. A bladeling speaking giant, named Gruco, come to Sigarr and explain a hut have been prepare for the group. He also tells that he will be their guide on the sea. On that, he leave the group to take some rest as the ship will leave before sunrise the next day.

OOC: Feel free to interact with anyone during the night. Unless their is a lot of interaction, I'll probably make a post Monday with the travel on the sea.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation sits mostly in silence though the meal, not needing to eat or speak. His only utterance is a request for a someone who has experience with the Valkyr terrain. If found, he asks about the path between their point of landing and where they need to be—dangers of trail and creature.

Remove ads