[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Philosophers might opine on the difference between animals and the sentient, such as yonder beast if Georg is correct. Attacking an animal for food is different from attacking a dwarven child for sustenance. He ponderers the scene a moment, his lack of breath must more apparent in this cold lands. Interfere, and we tie our fate to theirs. Do nothing, fate still is changed differently.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I must agree with Incarnation. The bladelings may not realize they are more than mere beasts; if we do and don't do anything, we are no less guilty of their blood than the bladelings.

"Does anyone understand their language? Perhaps we can get them to retreat and avoid any more bloodshed on either side."

johnmeier1

Explorer
It would take me 10 minutes for the ritual to understand them. Perhaps we can interpose ourselves in a non-threatening manner? He looks at his fellow dwarves dubiously and then at Sigarr with a deep frown.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Don't seem like they'd be hunting that thing for food. That makes what they're doing rather mean spirited.

Oh, and since you're telling me this is a fey animal that shouldn't live in this climate, it looks like our friendly dinosaur (should he be purple?) might know how to cross in to the feywild. Is that the kind of information we are looking for, hmm?

...Seriously, I want to know. I zoned out for a bit.''

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"'...Seriously, I want to know. I zoned out for a bit.''
The fey is our concern... though without the understanding of Mauros, I cannot claim we are ready. He regards the scene once more. I see no means other than direct to interpose. Such is likely to cause a misunderstanding, so preparation for battle are wise if we take such an action.[sblock=Not related to this OOC]So, themes are approved. When do you want us to update, Velmont?[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
As my pa once said, "Don't do something, stand there." I see no need to enter-pose, as you say, until winners come through. Neither one has done anything to us except delay us a few moments.

Velmont

First Post
As the group discuss, the battle continue to rage. The lizard sweep his tail with such strength that he send both opponent on the ground. Large wounds open on their chest by the spikes on the wounded bladeling make it obvious they are out of combat and might die if not attended quickly.

But the fallen are quickly replace by two other hunters who bracket the creature and attack. The one in front is unable to touch the beast while the other easily stab the creature in the back. The others throws there spears on the beast. The size of the beast make it an easy target, and only one thrown javelin bounce on the hard scale of the beast. All the other penetrate his hide. The hunters seems to work well in group.

[SBLOCK=Map]Map

- The brown squares are the trail and they are normal terrain.

- The tree's square are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through.

- The river squares are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through. Also, moving through or acting within such square need an Acrobatic roll, DC: 10. Upon failure, you fall prone and can continue your action, but with all penalties and restrictions of being prone.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Behemoth: HP -30; Tail Sweep used
Spearman1:
Spearman2:
Spearman3:
Spearman4:
Spearman5: Dying
Spearman6:
Spearman7: Dying
Spearman8:
Spearman9:
Spearman10:
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]48h have pass, The group is talking, and a new round have pass.

For the theme, I will allow them on the next extended rest.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Stand and watch them spill each others' blood? I'm sorry, Dane, but I can't."

Raiyek runs forward into the middle of the fray, taking a pinch of golden powder out of a pouch at his belt and sprinkling it on one of the downed hunters, causing his wounds to instantly clot. "Stop, please! Step back!" the elf calls to the hunters, holding his arms out wide to show no threat to either they or the beast. Unfortunately, as he does so he slips on a rock in the river and falls with a splash.
[sblock=Actions]Move: run to G7.
Standard: use Woundstitch Powder on one of the unconscious hunters. (There should be one next to me.)
Minor: attempt at communication (Diplomacy, if you'll allow it? :angel:).

Hopefully this doesn't backfire, heh. Plan B - grab the wounded hunters and run into the woods to get the other hunters to follow. Stop just as soon as they're away from the beast. Sound plausible?[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 8
Passive Perception: 25, Passive Insight: 23; Low-light vision
AC
:26, Fort:21, Reflex:21, Will:23 -- Speed:6
HP
: 74/74, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:19, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all Saves: can make save at start of turn vs. daze or stun, even if effect isn't save ends.
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers

Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge

Divine Pursuit
Strength from Valor
Resurgent Smite
Valiant Rush
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Ardent Vow (4/4)
Restore Vitality
Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance

Woundstitch Powder
Ruby Scabbard
Cloak of Resistance
Healer's Shield
Vampiric Bastard Sword

Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
Character sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Ye fool mumbles Georg in an unusual display of dwarvish vernacular. He moves forward and reaches to cover the prone paladin with his staff and holds his tome out defensively. He shakes his head and tries to discern the intentions towards Raiyek by the bladelings.

[sblock=ooc]Move: Walk to G9
Minor: Insight on bladelings
Standard: Ready Thunderwave to push attacker away from Raiyek if he is attacked
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Dane shakes his head in disbelief, but he does not advance. He pulls out his wineskin and draws off a drink.

Are you out of your elven mind? Don't be wastin' powder on dem now! Next thing ye be doing is spillin' ye own blood.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases