[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak looks around him in sudden bewilderment.

-''Uh... Earth Lord almighty, last time I take dragon ale. I seriously zoned out for a while. Well, I guess that's all the partying my health can take for a while.''

He looked warily at the giant.

-''Uh, Hello mr Goliath. Say, I hope you are not a health freak, right? Because I just partied with one of your brethren and he was obsessed. We had a drinking contest and that Goliath just would not go down no matter what. As we were downing shots, he kept badgering me to take classes in body building so that I could develop a 'powerful body' which apparently was the key to a 'powerful mind'. Real annoying, I tell ya, and the drunker I got, the less I could argue, the more he'd say this wouldn't be happening if I followed his training method. Sheesh. It was a mercy when I finnally passed out... uh... what day is it, anyway?''

OOC: PC roughly up to date. Still need to calculate homw many DM credit I used (and frankly, I am not even up to date on how many I earned so...).

Also, treasure; Uh, what did I get? I skimmed through quickly but couldn't figure it out.

But more or less, that's one PC up to date. One down, two to go!

johnmeier1

Explorer
Is it a continuous portal? asks Georg, now more familiar with the type. I need to know details of the destination, not the origin to use my magic.

Velmont

First Post
"I don't know. It is on the territory of my tribe. We have not much interest in that portal. And we don't like to talk about it, even if we don't keep it secret. We just prefer to not see too much travelers on our territory. But we seldom use it, mainly when the hunt is going bad, as the portal lead to a forest, where game is much easier to find." answers the female Goliath.

The Warden hands the journal to Georg. "Keep it, you'll need the map." He stands up and go fetch a few items. He then hands to Georg some alchemical reagents "That should allow you to use the Comprehend Language ritual to decipher the part in Tsugo, if you ever need to search some reference." He then hand a purse. "And here 250 gold piece, to buy you a passage on a ship, in hope it will be enough."

"Take this too." tells Dafnin handing two vials to Dane. "Those allow you to walk on water. I had them for a while but they are pretty useless here. Take care."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Group just received:
250 gp
50 gp worth of Alchemical Regeant
Two potions of Water Walking[/SBLOCK]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Excellent. The path is laid out, it is time to follow it. May Palladys and the gods bless and guide us." Raiyek nods to his companions and takes up his gear, a small smile on his lips as the friends set out on the next leg of their adventure.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Thought I should post a note that I'm going on vacation for the next week as well. I'll try to check in while I'm gone, but if I'm holding things up go ahead and NPC Raiyek. Try to not get him killed, though. ;)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Vacation]That's perfect. I'm leaving for vacation too. Friday night August 5th, I'm leaving at night and I'll be back somewhere late August 13th. So, no activity between the 6th and the 13th for me either.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
The sun hasn't reach yet his zenith that the group was already on their way to the portal. The first day is an easy trip through forest and hill, but the second day is more arduous as they travel within a mountain range under an heavy rain. By the end of the day, they reach a chasm where a river fall down into the darkness.

"You see that small trail that lead down. About an hundred meter down, you'll find the portal. You can't see it from here, because it is behind the fall."

The group climb down the trail with caution, as the water make it slippery. After a few minutes, the group reach the end of the trail but they don't find any portal. Only water and darkness is found by the group. Georg light illuminate the wall of the chasm, and only see wet rocks.

[SBLOCK=Incarnation flashback] As you reach the bottom of the trail, you suddenly fill dizzy. You close your eyes a moment and as you open your eyes, you see the Five in front of you. You feel scared and powerless.

"Where is that portal, Mauros?" asks Arek.

"The water is disrupting the portal." replies Mauros. Mauros do some incantation and the chasm is momentarily filled with fire that leave the Five and Incarnation unharmed. The heat of the fire turned all the water on the wall into steam and suddenly, a green light start to glow in front of Incarnation. "Make it fast, the water will condensate soon and disrupt the portal again." Arek, Aurelia, Jeronel and then Keshana pass through it. Mauros turn around and look at Incarnation. "You go, I'll follow."

Suddenly, you feels like being pull out of a dream and see Georg in front of you staring at you. You understand that some memory are finally coming back. You don't understand how, but you also feels to have more comprehension upon your own powers.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Incarnation gain his 11th level feat, which is Twofold Pact (Vestige Pact).[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Incarnation seems a moment staring at the wall, unaware of his environment. After a moment, he seems to return to his sense.

Remove ads