[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Though the boats of the village don't seem up to the task of a trek across the sea, Raiyek approaches a small group of fishermen near the boats. "Excuse me ... do any of you speak Common?"
[sblock=OOC]I was thinking to ask them if they know of anyone/anywhere that would have a ship capable of the trip, then I remembered the language barrier. @johnmeier1, might be a good time for some Comprehend Languages? ;) Unless Sigarr is up to the task of playing translator, I guess.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg seems confused at the geography of the region and a bit frustrated at the communication barrier. Raiyek, there is no way you could have known it would be intelligent enough for communication. Perhaps we should see if Sigarr will join us for these discussions. I wonder, old friend, can even your keen elven eyes track the trail of that feywild beast?

OOC: Sorry, long hiatus. Lord Sessadore. Can't we stay here and investigate the Feywild incursion? Other wise "I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Hmm, I hadn't thought to track the beast; I may be able to pick up its trail, but I will not know for certain until we make the attempt. Are you thinking to try to follow it to the Feywild, or for another purpose?"
[sblock=OOC]I was thinking about breaking into the Feywild to make the trip to Valhyr, but I didn't think that would be something Raiyek would think of at first. :)

Yeah, I guess Raiyek would be good at tracking, wouldn't he? I don't think I've ever had one of my PC's track anything![/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak starts chatting with Feyr on the subject of their beliefs, gods and religion.

OOC: Mauros, a powerful wizard from the past, would likely have left traces in this primitive culture's myths & legends. And what's myth and legends? Religion!

edit; err... obviously just take the first roll. Or the average and round down, I don't mind.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Incarnation approach the beast. As he is about to touch it, a hunter stop him and speak some words he doesn't understand. "He tells you his head is where his fairy heritage is the strongest." Incarnation see a bladeling with an holy symbol of Dayna.

Incarnation quickly share what he know of such beast. As he does so, Incarnation speak with the bladeling who speak Common. He is one of the Voices too. He helps the hunters to communicate with the Huntress, one of the goddess of the village, likely to be Dayna. "The beasts come here every few years, two or three times per decade. During that year, the hunt are difficult as the animals are scared and flee elsewhere, or are killed by the beasts. So we have no other choice then to try to hunt them. You meet the one we think to be their pack leader. Without your intervention, most likely, we would have lost a whole hunting party. It would be the second time this decade. Hunting these beasts are a danegrous task, but when we get one, we are able to survive the winter and we can use there magical properties for another hunt."

He looks at the magical extract the hunter have gathered. "We have never extract so much from a single beast. Thank you, you help is welcomed. Let me give you this." He hands a crossbow bolt. "We use the extract to create those bolt. They help greatly the hunt, allowing us to more easily surround our target. Your help will allow us to produce much more than usual, so you should have one."

During that time, Hadrak speak with Feyr about the gods. They seems to follow the same pantheon than most Dauntonians, but the don't name them. From what Feyr tells, the ancestor have forgotten teh name of the gods when they have been forced to flee Valhyr. Now, they only refer to them with title, like Dayna is called the Huntress and Vulkar is called the Smith.

When the conversation come to Mauros, Feyr replies. "I know about the Five, but all I know, I've learned about them in Daunton. We didn't had the visit of them. Here, we have the visit of some Goliath who cross the portal you came from, or some humans, from some neighboor nomad tribes. If the Five would have came here, the sight of Arek would have left many wild stories."

In the city square, not far from Incarnation, is Sigarr, Raiyek and Georg speaking about tracking teh beast. Considering the weather, the chance are good to track an animals, but teh beast have shown teleportation abilities, which could make it harder to follow, and his ability to walks with ease in the forest.

At first, no one seems to answer Raiyek as to speak common, but one baldeling replies in Elven. "I don't know the trading tongue, but I know the forest speech. I think you can understand it too. How can I help you."

Nebten is no where to be seen for the moment.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Incarnation was given a Space Shifting Bolt +2

Tracking the beast would not be easy, but neither impossible.

Travelling to Valhyr through the feywild without knowing the path, with possible hostile creature might be an epic feat.

Also, the largest and strongest boat of the village would be enough to carry the group to Valhyr, but you wonder if the village would give it to you.[/SBLOCK]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Although the accent is different, Raiyek is glad to be able to speak to the bladelings. "He speaks elven," he comments to his companions quickly.

In elven, he replies to the bladeling, "Thank you. We need passage across the sea, it is of great importance - who does that large ship belong to?" The elf treats the bladeling with great respect, hoping to earn a little trust in return.

Velmont

First Post
The bladeling looks at Raiyek with a surprise look. "To the village. As are every boat we have. They are all used for fishing during the high fishing season. The season is not yet started, so maybe the village will accept to lend it to you. But where would you go? There is nothing across the sea except Valhyr?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I take it from your reaction that your people are not on good terms with Valhyr? In any case, that is, indeed, where we must go. I can tell you, most of us do not go to that frozen land gladly." Raiyek keeps his expression friendly, not wanting to put the bladeling further on guard.

Velmont

First Post
The bladeling stare a moment at Raiyek before talking. "You don't know." he states "We care about Valhyr. It is the homeland of our ancestor. It is there I was born. We have lived there during many generations, but forty years ago, the Gods cursed the land. They have sent their angels who has brought the cursed. People start to become crazy. Bloodlust spread like wind and every warrior starts to raids and kill, sometimes even between fellow tribesmate. People who stayed must be either mad or death. Our tribe was fisherman and hunter, so we used our fishing boat to flee. We land here and it's been over three decades we live here, our new home.

A few member tried to return to Valhyr, but we never heard about them. If you want to sail there, you are either very brave and powerful, or you have a death wish."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I see; that is not what I expected to hear. It may be that we are both powerful and have a death wish," the elf chuckles, "but regardless we must make our way to Valhyr. Answers to questions of great importance lie there; answers which affect far more folk than just the six of us." Raiyek's eyes show his sincerity and ask for the bladelings' help along with his words. "We do not wish to put any from this village in harm's way, but it also seems we must ask for the use of your ship. Is there any way we could have passage to Valhyr aboard it?"
[sblock=OOC]Getting some nice rolls on these diplomacy checks. :)

So, is there anything else we want to do here in the village? Only thing I can think of is if Incarnation isn't done with the fey dino's body, or if Hadrak was going somewhere specific with his conversation with Feyr? Assuming of course that I can convince them to lend us the boat/give us a ride. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases