[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Velmont

First Post
"My dwarven friend is right. The gods might be all powerful, but if they have given you free will, it is to use it." tells Raiyek.

"Free will..." the envoy ponder a moment on these words. "That's interesting concept. But I like HIM. HE likes me. So if I decide to go against his judgement, it must be for a good reason. Saving his creation sounds a good one and you are talking about the end of the world. But how will it happen and what make you think going to the north will make a change in that faith?"

[SBLOCK=Skill Challenge Rules]Round 2 of the skill challenge.

Difficulty 8 success before 3 failures

Rounds: Each round, everyone need to make a roll. All skills can be used without restriction.

Rolls:
Primary Skill: Diplomacy, Bluff
Forbidden Skill: Intimidate (That's the only one)
Primary DC: 24
Other Skills DC: All skill can be use for a skill roll, but DC depend on the justification (24 and up).

Aid another DC: 14
Aid another success: +2 to next ally skill roll (not an aid another)
Aid another failure: -1 to next ally skill roll (not an aid another)

Rounds: 4 rounds before the envoy of Netari get bored.

Special: You have celebrated the Gods last night, you have a +1 holy bonus during this skill check.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skill Challenge Result]
Rounds 1:
Raiyek: Diplomacy 25 => Success
Dane: Intimidate 17 => +2 to next roll
Georg: Diplomacy 11 => -1 to next roll
Incarnation: Initmidate 34 => Automatic Failure
Hadrak: Diplomacy 20 => Failure

Rounds 2:
Hadrak: Religion 15 => +2 to next roll
Dane: Insight 28 => Success
Incarnation: History 14+ => +2 to next roll
Georg: Insight 14 => +2 to next roll
Raiyek: Diplomacy 28 => Success

Rounds 3:
Dane: +2 to next roll
Incarnation: +2 to next roll
Georg: +2 to next roll
Hadrak: Religion 38 => Success
Raiyek: Diplomacy (1d20+13=28) => Success

Total:
- 5 Success
- 2 Failure[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Round 4 of the skill challenge is up. This is your last round.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
This realm is in danger; the lands, the seas, the skies. The skein that separates the worlds is fraying. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! Incarnation goes on in detail.
OOC: Arcana knowledge to make clear how boned we will be: Crit!

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
As the tension builds, Dane starts to look around in the water and the shores beyond just in case negotiations become . . . difficult.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: It feels like there a few unused aid lying around based on Velmont's recap. I'll use them all if they exist.

Hadrak falls back on a classic argument to win his case...

-''Please! Pretty, pretty please! Let us save the world with your boat!''

OOC: Crap, double roll. Oh, and crap first roll!

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
She dive into the water and come out in front of the boat. "I think all you try to do is to turn me against HIM. You want to pass harmlessly and that I will suffer from HIS wrath. Your story is made up, HE would not let this world be destroyed. You are no better than the others. And your boat will from now only go toward the bottom of the sea, just like you."

Suddenly, four creature, humanoid that seems to be crossbreed with some kind of shark, raise from the water and surround the ship, all carrying rusted harpoon. The envoy raise her hands and a blast of light strike Sigarr and seems to be blinded by it. He trip and fall into the water.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Failure at the last time... if it was the second roll, it would have been a success. And the roll was too low for any help to turn that failure into success.

So start of the combat.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skill Challenge Result]
Rounds 1:
Raiyek: Diplomacy 25 => Success
Dane: Intimidate 17 => +2 to next roll
Georg: Diplomacy 11 => -1 to next roll
Incarnation: Initmidate 34 => Automatic Failure
Hadrak: Diplomacy 20 => Failure

Rounds 2:
Hadrak: Religion 15 => +2 to next roll
Dane: Insight 28 => Success
Incarnation: History 14+ => +2 to next roll
Georg: Insight 14 => +2 to next roll
Raiyek: Diplomacy 28 => Success

Rounds 3:
Dane: +2 to next roll
Incarnation: +2 to next roll
Georg: +2 to next roll
Hadrak: Religion 38 => Success
Raiyek: Diplomacy (1d20+13=28) => Success

Rounds 4:
Incarnation: Arcane 38 => Critical for 2 success
Dane: Perception => -1 to next roll
Hadrak: Diplomacy 12 => Failure

Total:
- 7 Success
- 3 Failure[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Dane, Georg, Hadrak, Incarnation, Raiyek, Envoy (1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=22, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+9=21, 1d20+6=7, 1d20+6 =12)

Surprise round:
The warriors raise from the water. The envoy blind and push 1 square Sigarr who fall into the water (no roll, he is out of combat as [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] is lost in time and space)

Everyone goes before the monsters. [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], [MENTION=79391]Nebten[/MENTION], it is up to you.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Map]Map[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Stats]Dane (L14): 78/78; 0THP; HS 12/12; AP 1;
Georg (M11): 60/60; 0THP; HS 10/10; AP 1;
Hadrak (L9): 78/78; 0THP; HS 10/10; AP 1;
Incarnation (N15): 79/79; 0THP; HS 12/12; AP 1;
Raiyek (N10): 74/74; 0THP; HS 11/11; AP 1;

Envoy (M2): -0; AC?? F?? R?? W??;
Warrior1 (H8): -0; AC?? F?? R?? W??;
Warrior2 (H17): -0; AC?? F?? R?? W??;
Warrior3 (R8): -0; AC?? F?? R?? W??;
Warrior4 (R17): -0; AC?? F?? R?? W??; [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]By the way, you can edit the map, so if you move, or forced move a monster, you can reflect it on the map.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: The boat travel with the sail, but there is no wind. There is paddle you can use, but that mean you can't have a shield and a weapon in your hand while you paddle, and the boat will move 1 square forward or backward or rotate 90 degree for each move action spent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases