D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79) - Page 11





+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 501
  1. #101
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    OOC
    Update later today... would like to see @renau1g around a bit too.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''urgh, someone is gonna get hurt. Hey Raiyek, don't get too far ahead. For some reason Eefaystos doesn't deem it worthwhile to allow me to heal friends who drifted more than 25 feet or so away from me, mmmkay?''

    Hadrak moves forward cautiously, trying to appear every bit as harmless as Raiyek. It ought to be easier; he doesn't carry nearly as big a sword.

    -''By the way, guys, if we have to fight, can we be on the side of the dinosaur? I've got this feeling like I love him, he loves me and maybe we could be a happy family. Not quite sure where it comes from.''

    Actions
    Move to square forward.

  • #103
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    The attempt of Raiyek seems to be unsuccessful. The language barrier seems too strong for him to overcome, even with Hadrak's help. But Georg feels the Bladelings have been hesitating a moment, but in front of the threat the beast creature toward them, they have continue to fight. Georg even have felt the behemoth hesitation.

    The Behemoth sweep again his tails around him, downing again two other hunter. Raiyek have time to see the mace-tail coming to him and raise his shield and deflect the hit, but feels his arms becoming numb a moment under the strength of the creature.

    The continue their fight. Two comes into close combat and stab the the creature, but the behemoth deflect the spear of one of his opponent and the hunter finish by stabbing his own friend. The others continue to throw their javelin and two make their mark. One seems annoyed by Raiyek being in front of him and shout after him, but Raiyek doesn't understand.

    At renau1g
    @renau1g : Siggar hears from the bladeling "Get out of the way or fight with us.". They seems to speak the Giant and another language you didn't understand earlier.


    Map
    Map

    - The brown squares are the trail and they are normal terrain.

    - The tree's square are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through.

    - The river squares are difficult terrain and need one extra square to move through. Also, moving through or acting within such square need an Acrobatic roll, DC: 10. Upon failure, you fall prone and can continue your action, but with all penalties and restrictions of being prone.




    Status
    Behemoth: HP -42; Tail Sweep used
    Spearman1:
    Spearman2:
    Spearman3:
    Spearman4: Dying
    Spearman5: Dying
    Spearman6: Death
    Spearman7: Stabilized
    Spearman8:
    Spearman9: Death
    Spearman10:


    OOC
    For the diplomacy check:
    Base roll: 30
    Aid Another from Hadrak: +2
    Circumstance Bonus on Bladeling for stabilizing one of the group: +2
    Circumstance penalty to speak an unknown language: -10
    Total: 24
    DC: 25

    Without the proper language, this is not an easy task. Also Georg figure out that if you convince one side to stop the fight, the other side will probably hold on their attack too.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #104
    Well, if they can't understand us thinks Georg Hey, if I can put most of them to sleep, what can we do to stop the rest? shouts the dwarven wizard quickly, opening his tome.

    OOC: Forgot I had Sleep memorized again. I can get all of them (plus Raiyek, sorry) if we want.

  • #105
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    OOC
    That sounds like a decent plan. Raiyek could do a Total Defense for the +2 to defenses, or try to get out of the area. With the +2, you'd need a 14 to hit Raiyek, which is alright odds.

    It looks like the hunters aren't going to last very long if we don't side with them, either. I guess we could always try knocking them out (instead of killing them) with normal attacks as well - the behemoth would probably stop once they're unconscious, and at least they'd still be alive.

    Also, apologies for Raiyek's brashness. He's just really not the kind to just stand on the sidelines and watch.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #106
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    Well, if big momma is asleep maybe the rest will stop and we won't have to worry about that. If they attack us . . . Dane slaps the flat end of his axe against the palm of his hand.


  • #107
    Raiyek, move back! Shouts Georg, hoping the paladin can get out of the way or steel himself for the powerful spell he is casting. The amulet around the dwarven wizard's neck glows as mystic feathers fall around the eyes of the great beast and bladelings.

    OOC
    Use Amulet of Elegy and Sleep, not rolling against Raiyek. Lord Sessadore can either move him out of the AoE (provoking AoO) or roll against himself.

    They all have a -3 penalty to the first save.
    Hit: Target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its first saving throw against this power, the target becomes unconscious (save ends).
    Miss:
    Target is slowed (save ends)

  • #108
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    OOC
    Seems renau1g is out of action for the moment and for an unknown amount of time. You are welcome to suggest action for his character until his comeback and also you are free to look at the SBLOCK for renau1g of my previous post for more information about the situation.

    I'll update tomorrow and hope to see @Lord Sessadore telling me what Raiyek will do before Georg cast his sleep spell.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #109
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''Not quite sure who we are trying to help here, but a likely outcome is that plenty of hunters fall asleep while the big dinosaur shrugs it off and can then snack on the bladeling - assuming he doesn't mind the blades, of course. Seeing as I was supporting the dinosaur I guess I should say 'yay'.

    OOC: I am referring to the fact that the dinosaur is likely a solo with +4 to his save. With the -3 to to saves that Georg inflicts there's still 60% chance that the dino stays on his feet while 60% of the hunters fall to the ground...

    This is likely to end like a Godzilla movie.

  • #110
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1015
      Last Post: Saturday, 13th October, 2012, 11:27 PM
    2. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    3. Replies: 750
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd March, 2011, 08:09 PM
    4. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    5. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •