Nine Previews! Character Themes from the Player's Guide to ZEITGEIST

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We've quickly whipped up a pair of PDF previews to make 'em look a bit prettier (especially if you plan on showing them to players and the like). These were done by me, not our layout artist, so they're not quite as awesome as the previous previews, but I think they look pretty good.

Note that these are taken from the close-to-final mansucript, not the finished product, so don't be surprised by any minor differences between these and the actual product.

These are the D&D 4E versions of these themes. There are, of course, Pathfinder equivalents.

[Don't forget the previously released Skyseer character theme preview, in both 4E and Pathfinder versions.]

Attachments

• spirit_medium_zeitgeist.pdf
    784.8 KB · Views: 162
  • yerasol_veteran_zeitgeist.pdf
    795.4 KB · Views: 192
  • gunsmith_zeitgeist.pdf
    787.5 KB · Views: 278
  • vekeshi_mystic_zeitgeist.pdf
    827.8 KB · Views: 462
  • docker_zeitgeist.pdf
    777.5 KB · Views: 159
  • technologist_zeitgeist.pdf
    810.6 KB · Views: 226
  • eschatologist_zeitgeist.pdf
    827.7 KB · Views: 231
  • martial_scholar_zeitgeist.pdf
    802.8 KB · Views: 165
  • skyseeer_zeitgeist.pdf
    604.5 KB · Views: 134
  • spirit_medium.jpg
    spirit_medium.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
My wife is planning on playing a female eladrin cunning bard. Does this go against the tone or flavor of the Zeitgeist campaign? If not, would the Vekeshi Mystic theme be an appropriate one fer her? Is the campaign benefit of the theme redundant for her since she's already an eladrin, or does it still provide benefits to her that other characters (even other eladrin) wouldn't be able to get?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My wife is planning on playing a female eladrin cunning bard. Does this go against the tone or flavor of the Zeitgeist campaign? If not, would the Vekeshi Mystic theme be an appropriate one fer her? Is the campaign benefit of the theme redundant for her since she's already an eladrin, or does it still provide benefits to her that other characters (even other eladrin) wouldn't be able to get?

Yes, you have to take the theme to gain the additional benefits.

Pretty much anything is viable in the setting. We make a point of explaining that eladrin aren't common among NPCs, but PC eladrin are perfectly fine. The player should just know that he or she won't have much of a local culture. It'd be akin to being Pocahontas in England in the 17th century. Somewhere out there, your people are still around, getting whittled away, but in your daily life you're seen as a novelty.

Any theme works for any race-class combination. Don't think that just because you're playing an eladrin that you have to be part of the 'eladrin cult' theme.

We should probably release a teaser of the Prestige mechanic some time soon. Next week, maybe.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
These are the D&D 4E versions of these themes. There are, of course, Pathfinder equivalents.

Could you try reposting the Marital Scholar and Spirit Medium PDFs? I keep getting errors that the PDFs are damaged and won't open. (Unless I'm the error, in which case please disregard this message.)

Otherwise, the themes look great! I don't know that I'll get to play in Zeitgeist but I'm psyched just to read it!

Cellowyn

Explorer
We've quickly whipped up a pair of PDF previews to make 'em look a bit prettier (especially if you plan on showing them to players and the like). These were done by me, not our layout artist, so they're not quite as awesome as the previous previews, but I think they look pretty good.

Note that these are taken from the close-to-final mansucript, not the finished product, so don't be surprised by any minor differences between these and the actual product.

[Don't forget the previously released Skyseer character theme preview, in both 4E and Pathfinder versions.]
As I posted earlier - will we be able to get our hot little hands (well big in my case) on the PFRPG versions?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases